Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tae Bo for beginners? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=192769)

imhere2dance 05-14-13 07:55 AM

Tae Bo for beginners?

I'm not really a fan of kickboxing, but I have tried a few Tae Bo workouts I enjoyed: Tae Bo Abs, Postnatal Power, Believer's Workout: The Power Within, Believer's Workout: The Strength Within, and Tae Bo Flex. What are some other beginner-friendly DVDs?

furmomof6 05-14-13 08:11 AM

I'm not sure how others feel, but I recently tried a few workouts from the Amped set that's currently on Youtube, and I found that they moved significantly slower than the more advanced Tae Bo's that I'm used to. You might want to check those out. I'm not sure that they would be considered "beginner" though.

Fitstick 05-14-13 08:53 AM

I have all of the newest ones and TaeBo SOS moves slower than some of his others. If you are interested, send me a PM, i would be happy to give you the dvd if you send me a sase.

imhere2dance 05-14-13 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitstick (Post 2229488)
I have all of the newest ones and TaeBo SOS moves slower than some of his others. If you are interested, send me a PM, i would be happy to give you the dvd if you send me a sase.

Thank you for your kind offer, but the clips I watched on YouTube make me think it's way too fast. :) I'm happy with the few I have, although I wouldn't mind having a couple more just for variety.

I can't find any information about Tae Bo Funk, other than a couple of bad reviews on Amazon and a very short clip on YouTube. LOL. I'm still a little interested, though. Has anyone done that workout?

laurajhawk 05-14-13 10:15 AM

I seem to recall Cardio Circuit 2 as being pleasantly slower than the norm for Tae Bo. ;) Cardio Circuit 1 is more popular here, because it's short, but they're actually rather similar workouts with CC2 being slower and therefore longer than CC1.

Fitstick 05-14-13 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imhere2dance (Post 2229511)
I can't find any information about Tae Bo Funk, other than a couple of bad reviews on Amazon and a very short clip on YouTube. LOL. I'm still a little interested, though. Has anyone done that workout?

You are right - Tae Bo Funk is supposed to be more beginner level. I don't have that one because I usually am looking for at least intermediate. I think that Mary at Totalfitnessdvds carries it.

I previewed the SOS video on Collage and it does look more advanced than I remembered it! I'll have to take it out and try it again.:)

Anny 05-17-13 08:01 AM

I have Taebo Funk and Taebo Post Partum and they are both considerably slower. They were great for me when I was recovering from surgery.

Cardio Circuit 2 is also slower and I like the sections : 2 upper body, 2 lower body, 2 abs, 1 total body.

klutze01 05-17-13 01:18 PM

Another vote for Cardio Circuit 2. It was one of my very first videos :love:

imhere2dance 05-23-13 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anny (Post 2231063)
I have Taebo Funk and Taebo Post Partum and they are both considerably slower.

Is there floorwork in Tae Bo Funk?

Anny 05-23-13 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imhere2dance (Post 2233730)
Is there floorwork in Tae Bo Funk?

No, none. None either in Cardio Circuit 2, I can't remember re Taebo Postpartum!