Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Every Day in June - It's finally Summer/Winter! All welcome, as always. :) (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232880)

Helen 06-01-22 04:44 AM

Every Day in June - It's finally Summer/Winter! All welcome, as always. :)

https://fitisafeministissue.files.wo...es4.jpeg?w=298https://photo.kidzworld.com/images/2...-days-feat.jpg

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement ;)
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event :D
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event :love:
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. ;) Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

It's actually HERE - you should be feeling solidly in Summer/Winter by now! Perfect for a boost to your motivation! :D
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

LiliMagill 06-02-22 03:03 PM

Helen - Thanks again for starting the month with such a colorful start!

I'm going to start with the last day of May since I never posted:

5/31 - dog walk
Jessica's new Total Body Circuit #1. I was really feeling this the next day.
6/1 - dog walk
Heather Robinson(?) from YT, Low Impact High Intensity Cardio

I had read an article on how important HIIT training is for aging cells (mine!) and was looking for something on YouTube and found this. I wouldn't call it HIIT, but it was a good cardio drill-type workout.

Helen 06-03-22 05:08 AM

Hi Lili!!
Haven't posted - busy after work, jumping so late, head straight to shower/bed.

Wed 1st
58min Step Max, for chrono
Thu 2nd
61min, Power Max, for chrono

drive-by, even thought it's Friday night - working :(

LiliMagill 06-03-22 08:56 AM

6/2 - morning hike, 1.79 miles, my trail was closed due to bridge repairs, so shorter than I anticipated.
Cathe's Metabolic Blast
dog walk

Cleda 06-03-22 09:29 AM

I need an arrow

Cuz it's June? Seriously???? I don't know if I actually have anything to report, cuz I'm slumping big time. :(

So, for now? I'll wave, thank Helen for starting us off (thanks!) and hopefully be back some day to check in.

Have my arrow!
Cleda

LiliMagill 06-04-22 04:38 PM

6/3 - Jessica's Cardio Core Walk
6/4 - dog walk & gardening
45 Min. Pop Bootcamp w/ Cody Rigsby - while I liked the workout, I'm not sure I'm a fan of Cody.

Helen 06-04-22 09:14 PM

CLEDA
SOOoooo sorry you're schlumping! I'm getting out of mine, thank goodness. Just walking up & into the gym, just that, makess me feel better.
So you have any notion as to why? Even vaguely?

LILI
It's actually a good thing that the bridge was being repaired though - could otherwise have been a tragedy waiting to happen.

Friday - avoided the "it's the end of the week slothdum" and noticed people walking dogs whilst I was driving home from work - NOT RAINING!
Took Alice out, and as I walked, set my mind to doing
60min, Cathe (Chrono) - Step Jam as soon as I got back

Saturday
morning 70min, Cathe (Chrono) - Step Fit, had to get it done WELL before buddy-jump
evening, with Kathryn 53min, Christi - Totally Cool Step

Sunday
cold (just under 40F)
need to finish marking an exam, write my last class set of reports for the semester, do a whole lot of questions for my top boys, & prep for tomorrow; and HATING that I must work at the weekend. REFUSE to work on Saturdays, but that just means a pile-on for today.

Today's agenda:
Walk Alice - looks lovely out, just needs to dress for the icy wind, but not a howling gale at least. She also needs more people.
71min Cathe (Chrono) - Maximum Intensity Cardio
?? something with Kathryn, not sure what she'll want, and maybe she'll bail - uncertain
and housework: kitchen at least - may be all I have time for

LiliMagill 06-05-22 03:24 PM

Cleda - I hope the slump passes quickly. It happens to us all, no matter how hard we try to avoid it.
Helen - I hope Cathe is easier for you the second time around.

5/5 - dog walk

My son came down with Covid on the 1st, and he hasn't really been isolating, since hubby just had it and I thought I must be bullet-proof. Well, I'm not, and I tested positive today, so I'm taking it easy for a few days. So far I've only had a sore throat and I'm hoping that's as bad as it gets.

Helen 06-06-22 04:22 AM

LILI
Oh dear, but better to get it now, after being vaccinated, rather than a year or more ago. So many at school/work have had it lately, but for everyone I've heard, after being vaccinated/boosted, it's not even as bad as the flu. Wishing that's true for you, too.
• Yes, Cathe IS easier the 2nd time around, but many are still hard (see below)

Sunday
71min, Cathe (Chrono) - Maximum Intensity Cardio, yeah - it was hard
49min, Cathe - LITE - Rev'd Up Rumble - Basic Mix 4 (+ Calorie Crush), with Kathryn

Monday night, before 7:30 (usualy jump-time with buddy), so heading up - the work I need to get done can wait until later.

SO cold! Under 40F & the heater in my classroom is broken & too old to get fixed. Wore a COAT all day inside. A vent/rant is building up about it.

Helen 06-07-22 02:49 AM

Monday
Finally out of the long cardio zone for Cathe Chrono
76min, Cathe (chrono) - Maximum Intensity Strength