Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   June 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232877)

Diana3271 05-31-22 08:16 AM

June 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

Diana3271 06-01-22 08:25 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,883

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

monterey vidiot 06-01-22 10:56 AM

Diana, thank you for starting our month!

Today I have an appointment with my thyroid Doc. I'll find out if he's willing to fight the insurance company for my name-brand synthroid.

Back later.

So I go to the Dr's office and it was like being in the twilight zone. The girl at the desk denied that I had an appointment today, that it was July 1 @11:00. But she set me up for tomorrow @3:00, so I won't have to have more blood work done. And tomorrow I'm bringing the little card on which she or one of her colleagues wrote "6/1/2022 at 2:40."

Check-in: lap swim.

Diana3271 06-01-22 09:12 PM

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 06-02-22 06:45 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 4,601

lynnf 06-02-22 10:26 AM

I am back. It was a lovely trip. The weather was gorgeous, the event was lovely and we had a great time with DS and other family members -- did some hiking, trips to the Huntington gardens/museum/library, beach. Had some fabulous meals. Have seriously put on some lbs. so it's back on the stick. Did some barre 3. Must stock up the house and get re-organized.

seabliss 06-02-22 05:49 PM

Welcome back, Lynn! Glad it was such a wonderful trip.

The past two days I have walked a lot - more than 32k steps. I wish it would result in weight loss but unlikely. It has resulted in sore feet, haha.

Cynthia, I hope you get the good meds!

monterey vidiot 06-02-22 09:06 PM

So far today, only vocal exercise. I might do something this evening after the house cools off. It's not even room temperature outside, but the house heats up in the afternoon due to direct western exposure of sunlight.

Yay, the Dr is willing to do battle with the insurance company. And if that doesn't work, he knows a way to get it direct from the manufacturer, and the price is reasonable. But first, the fight. That will start in about a month when he sends in a refill order to the pharmacy; he expects that to be turned down, and that will start the communication/fight with the insurance company.

Cheryl, so glad your whole family is getting better so soon.

Lynn, glad you had a wonderful trip, and welcome back!

Diana, I'm always impressed with your step count and how you keep moving along with all the things you do to help people.

Diana3271 06-02-22 09:28 PM

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I'm glad the Dr. is going to help you get the best price. I mentioned that I was purchasing Synthroid through a specialty pharmacy to get a better price. My numbers were slowly getting out of whack again. The Dr. wanted to try me on Tirosint, which as you can imagine is even more expensive. Tirosint has fewer additives and is better for absorption. I got my labs done last week and my numbers are perfect. The Dr. is starting to fight the insurance company for me. We'll see what happens. It's costing me $50 a month at a specialty pharmacy, which is better than at the regular pharmacy.

Lynn Welcome back! I'm glad your trip was good.

Cheryl I hear you on the sore feet and no budge weight.

Check-In: 1 + hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 06-03-22 09:19 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 13,537