Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   June 2022 "Write a Review" Challenge! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232850)

Vintage VFer 05-25-22 11:35 AM

June 2022 "Write a Review" Challenge!

I haven't written a video review in so long. I still find the VF reviews so helpful. Especially for the vintage workouts. I've noticed that some workouts will be listed that have zero reviews.

ETA: Here is where you can register/log into write reviews:

"You must be logged in to submit reviews or workouts. Please note, even if you are a Videofitness Forum member, you still must register for this system before you can submit reviews. Log in, or click on 'New User?' link below to register."

Register/Log in to write New Reviews

I am going to write a review of something in June.

Anyone want to join in on writing a review in June? Just one will do! (But more is nice, too). :)

:sun:

Vantreesta 05-27-22 10:33 AM

I suck at writing reviews. Which stinks bc I really should be doing them on Amazon for my friend's books.

That being said, as I'm reorganizing my workouts and cleaning up my spreadsheet I am finding the reviews here to be very useful for finding times, release dates and sometimes instructors! So big thank you to all who do write them!

Helen 05-29-22 06:17 AM

Just added one for Cathe's Step N Motion 1
Went to add one for Cathe's LITE PHA 2 and there are NO LITE reviews at all. Submitted it as a workout and auto-message was that it'll take 1-2 days to appear on the list to be able to be reviewed.
So went exploring by year of release
2019 - only 4 workouts reviewed
2020 - 2022 none :(

Karla25 05-29-22 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2966638)
I haven't written a video review in so long. I still find the VF reviews so helpful. Especially for the vintage workouts. I've noticed that some workouts will be listed that have zero reviews.

VF Reviews

I am going to write a review of something in June.

Anyone want to join in on writing a review in June? Just one will do! (But more is nice, too). :)

:sun:

That's a great idea! I love reading the reviews :heart: I only wish it wasn't so difficult to leave a review :( I tried, but it wouldn't allow me in to write one.

Vintage VFer 05-29-22 11:45 AM

Thanks, Helen!

Karla - That is frustrating! I haven't tried to leave a review yet. We'll see how it goes.

I'd hate to think that part of the Forum is broken.

Karla25 05-29-22 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2967035)
Thanks, Helen!

Karla - That is frustrating! I haven't tried to leave a review yet. We'll see how it goes.

I'd hate to think that part of the Forum is broken.

I don't think you'll have a problem if you've left an earlier review. I got a message saying my username was invalid when I tried to log in to leave a review.

I've looked and still don't have no clue where to register to leave a review. Any help is appreciated. I'm sure other members have the same problem since one needs to register separately to leave a review.

cataddict 05-29-22 01:40 PM

My user name came up invalid. I couldn't remember if I had posted a review previously but maybe I didn't. No idea how to even get permission to post a review!

Haha Karla I see that we posted the same thing! I thought maybe since I've been around longer (and maybe posted a review before) that I might be able to get in but apparently not.

**UPDATE** I just registered as a new reviewer with my VF user name and a password and submitted and it took it right away and said I could post reviews! Now I just have to pick something to review! :)

Helen 05-30-22 08:19 AM

Added a review for Cathe - Mega Step Blast.

I know, it's super old, but I'm on a mission to complete all the Cathe workouts I own (almost all) in chronological order. This challenge has me doing reviews as I go - especially since I noticed that there are NO new reviews for the past couple of years.

Reviews tend to happen in threads these days - like those currently being done for Jessica Smith's new set - but that isn't useful when the set is no longer new & someone's looking for reviews - they're buried in old threads - hard to find.

I found VF by looking for reviews.

Vintage VFer 05-30-22 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen (Post 2967132)
Added a review for Cathe - Mega Step Blast.

I know, it's super old, but I'm on a mission to complete all the Cathe workouts I own (almost all) in chronological order. This challenge has me doing reviews as I go - especially since I noticed that there are NO new reviews for the past couple of years.

Reviews tend to happen in threads these days - like those currently being done for Jessica Smith's new set - but that isn't useful when the set is no longer new & someone's looking for reviews - they're buried in old threads - hard to find.

I found VF by looking for reviews.

Me, too!

Laura S. 05-30-22 03:05 PM

Helen - It doesn't matter how old the workout is. It's probably good for people to have reviews on old workouts with a current spin. The more the better!