Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - Week of August 22 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231617)

Gibbee 08-25-21 04:59 PM

JB: Glad to hear you liked the band workout. I haven't given either DVD a spin yet.

Cher: How's Joseph doing?

Karen: Are you guys pretty hot in FL? Yesterday it was still 102 at 6:25 p.m. and heat index at 108. Humidity? 1000%. I'm over it.

Vannie:Way to go on the 5K

Check in: Been having a bit of a lull lately. Having trouble getting up in the mornings... and then getting out the door in time for work. I know a lot of it is grief as August last year was when he got really sick and was hospitalized. I lost a good part of him mentally during the amputation surgery and two heart restarts. Plus August is a busy month for me anyway. Hoping once September gets here and things let up a bit I can breathe a little more and not feel so stressed. Too hot to work in my FIL's home to clean it out.

My MIL closed on a home today so she will be settled in this weekend and she can't wait. I hope to see DH's car that she 'borrowed' back in the early 90's when she left my FIL that's she's been storing in a garage ... it is the car MY dad restored in the 70's and then DH (just a teenager) bought from someone in like 82... it connects both families. Supposedly the title says it is TOD to DD. (We've always wondered how she got DH off of the title as he never signed it over to his mom but whatever). It's been in storage for far too long, so I am worried about its condition (MIL says she has maintained it)... but I'll have it restored some day when it is DD's... as long as she lets me drive it first. ;) It will be very emotional for me, I am sure.

Miss you guys so much. I have to say if you want some solid, heavy weight workouts, you really must try some Caroline Girvan!

karjoy 08-25-21 06:52 PM

Got up and ran 5.25 miles this am and I did 3 yesterday. I have been enjoying running by myself some.

Good to hear from you Gibbee. I’m sorry August is a tough month for you and it does not help that it is so hot and steamy and energy sapping too. I’m thinking of you. It still is very hot here too.

Jbliff and Cher, I suddenly remembered a Cathe trip years ago where Tracy Staehle was there and she was very pregnant with her second child. She fully participated and was fun to be around. Good times.

Vannie are you running this week?

Cher 08-26-21 05:28 AM

Went for a 75 minute bike ride yesterday.

JBliff - I really like the Cathe Bands too.

Gibbe - Holy cow it’s hot there! It’s been hot here but not that hot! Mainly in the 90’s but humidity is 90%! Sorry to hear it’s been so tough for you. That’s kind of cool about the car. I hope you get it back and it’s in decent shape. Joseph is doing okay. Still working so that’s always a plus.

Waves to Karin & Vannie!

JBliff 08-26-21 12:52 PM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body + a 40-minute walk.

Cher - Great job on the 75-minute bike ride. I haven't ridden my bike in so long I should give it away. It's been pretty darn hot here too.

Karjoy
- How fun you got to meet Tracey in person. When is the next Cathe trip?

Gibbee - Great to hear from you. What a great story about the car. It would be quite nice for you to have it again. I've never done anything by Caroline Girvan but just looked her up on Youtube and her workouts look pretty intense.

Waves to all. Have a good day.

karjoy 08-26-21 08:59 PM

Drive by: 4.35 mile run this am and some biceps curls with tubing.

Cher 08-27-21 05:23 AM

Workout yesterday was Perfect 30 Lower Body.

Going out for lunch to a restaurant on the water to celebrate my SIL’s birthday.

JBliff - I like to ride my bike when it’s to hot to do anything else outside because at least you get a little breeze while riding. ;)

JBliff 08-27-21 12:01 PM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher
- I've been watching the professional bicycle race (Vuelta a Espan). The stage yesterday was over 100 KM with two mountain climbs in 106 degree heat. I can't even imagine what that would take out of you.

Hi to everyone. Have a great day.

karjoy 08-27-21 08:12 PM

Hi guys. We are getting much needed rain here. It helps cool things off too.

I ran 3 miles this am and did bis, tris, and shoulders with tubing.

I’m always tired at the end of the week but Covid is really getting us down. Just hearing about it all day. DH is going on a quick golf trip so I will have some alone time.

Cher I know that bit of breeze while cycling felt good!

Cher 08-28-21 06:03 AM

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford’s Walk Across America Colorado and Jessica Smith’s Stride, Stretch, Relax.

Lunch was nice yesterday. We sat out on the covered patio on the water.

My SIL said my MIL is barely eating anything now. She is hardly swallowing her food. This all started within the last few days.

Karen - Are you still in NC with your family? My friend from up north that was diagnosed with Covid was admitted to the hospital yesterday. :( I sure hope she is okay.

JBliff - Wow, that is HOT! I don’t think I’d want to bike ride with those temps. Even the breeze you get would be like a heater blowing on you. Yikes.

Making another carrot cake today to take for my mom’s birthday tomorrow. I just made one for Darrell on his birthday a couple days ago. ;) Also planning to go visit my MIL later today.

JBliff 08-28-21 09:30 AM

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + Stretch Max w/resistance band.

Cher
- Having lunch on a covered patio on the water sounds lovely. Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Karjoy - I can imagine you are sick of dealing with COVID cases by now. I can't believe we've almost quadrupled the number of deaths from COVID in the last month. Add that to the fact people are taking horse dewormers instead of the vaccine because they don't want to be told what to do. You have to just shake your head.

Waves to everyone. Have a good weekend.