Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I found my Insanity fix (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=134258)

bearcatfan 06-03-09 09:44 AM

I found my Insanity fix

Today I did a cardio from Barry's 5 Day Academy series - the one led by Barry. Twenty minutes of torture - step jumps, jumping jacks, burpees, football runs - I swore a couple times. Sound familiar? I think I might have found a cheaper version of Insanity. ;)

And, as my VF conscience (Shelley) keeps telling me, I already have Shock Cardio coming and will be happy with that. So for now, I'm off the Insanity train (until I borrow the teaser and then I'm sure I'll be back on).

Debbie S. 06-03-09 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearcatfan (Post 1355567)
Today I did a cardio from Barry's 5 Day Academy series - the one led by Barry. Twenty minutes of torture - step jumps, jumping jacks, burpees, football runs - I swore a couple times. Sound familiar? I think I might have found a cheaper version of Insanity. ;)

And, as my VF conscience (Shelley) keeps telling me, I already have Shock Cardio coming and will be happy with that. So for now, I'm off the Insanity train (until I borrow the teaser and then I'm sure I'll be back on).

Thanks, Rose. I have these, but they are still virgins. LOL! I'll pull it out and give it a whirl. :D

adrien_73 06-03-09 09:55 AM

I have that set as well...still in the shrink wrap!

I am trying to talk myself out of Insanity. Truth be told...I buy all of their systems & I don't use them much. TJ, P90, P90X, P90X+, P90 Masters, Project: You, Sin6, SS, PHH, GBG...I have them all & barely touch them! I still have CLX because I can't seem to sell it, but I want it to go far, far away! So why do I keep buying BB products? Must be the VF hype! ;)

With all of my overuse injuries, I doubt that I can do the Insanity workouts anyway. :(

3ks 06-03-09 10:02 AM

Quote:

So why do I keep buying BB products? Must be the VF hype!
Adrien...carefully step away from the computer...RUN!!!:D

LOL

Kiddy :sun:

adrien_73 06-03-09 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ks (Post 1355582)
Adrien...carefully step away from the computer...RUN!!!:D

LOL

Kiddy :sun:

LOL! I wish I could! I work on a computer ALL DAY so I end up surfing a lot. I think I need to block myself out of VF!:D

ETA: I should ask the IS guys to do it for me!

leslie w 06-03-09 10:10 AM

Those Academy cardio workouts are torture! I've done each one once and now I avoid them like the plague. Now that you mentioned it, between them and Cathe's Shock system (which I preordered), I probably should save my money and not bother w/ Insanity. I'm getting swept up in the hype, but lets be honest, if I avoid the Bootcamp cardio, what makes me think I'll do an Insanity rotation?? Besides, I'm into running right now, so indoor cardio is taking a backseat for the summer.

In the future, if the reviews are great and people aren't killing themselves I may consider ordering it, but since BB never has great deals on new systems, I won't be feeling any pressure to order right away.

bearcatfan 06-03-09 10:13 AM

On another thread, someone mentioned the bootcamp cardio from Cathe's 4DS as another option. I'm hoping to try that later in the week.

Basically, I'm looking at what I have *first*, because if I'm honest with myself this set will have limited staying power for me. :(

Debbie S. 06-03-09 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrien_73 (Post 1355587)
LOL! I wish I could! I work on a computer ALL DAY so I end up surfing a lot. I think I need to block myself out of VF!:D

ETA: I should ask the IS guys to do it for me!

That's not a bad idea. VF really is bad for your pocketbook. ;)

I don't go online when I go on vacations. This trip ended up being 6 weeks long, so absolutely no temptations whatsoever. Surprisingly, I have yet to be really tempted, so now I'm edging towards the 9 week mark. :)

acescholar 06-03-09 10:33 AM

I've thought of BBC 5 Day Academy too as I've been reading about Insanity. I think Barry's is very intense!

I love the cardio that comes with the shoulder workout (Joey's), but I've always done it along with the weight work. I think that putting Barry's and Joey's cardio together would be insanely intense!

Liz K 06-03-09 10:34 AM

Academy Series

What is the Academy series? Is it the same as the regular Barry's Bootcamp? I checked out Collage and saw Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster and Barry's Bootcamp Belly Blaster. Is it either of these?

I'm very interested in Insanity but always open to a cheaper version also.

Thanks.
Liz