Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Margaret Richard & Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229364)

summer breeze 10-04-20 08:55 AM

Hi all !!

Just an outdoor walk yesterday but I do want to add some PBL in the mix today in addition to a walk. Chilly but nice weather here lately.

PAT, well done on MR and your other activities. Oh no on DH's fall. I hope he feels better soon. I took that hard fall last month, not fun.

ROSE, sounds like another nice MR workout.
You're right, moving in different ways is good for us. I was thinking in pilates we do muscle work without weights and it can be very effective so now it makes sense to me.
Glad you're enjoying the streaming while you have it and it's making you feel good.
I did a little house walking after dinner last night. How long do you walk in the house?

Hi DONNA!

Have a great day everyone!

Pat58 10-04-20 09:14 AM

Good morning! :sun:

Yesterday we got some walking in. We strolled down a riverside boardwalk then did one mile at the community track. We won't visit the boardwalk again until things are healthier out there because it is a tight fit and we were the only ones wearing masks. After that we went to the gym where I did my back PT, leg presses, lat pulldowns and pec deck/reverse lats machine.

Well I have a ton of housework to catch up on now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :heart:

donnamp 10-04-20 02:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1302 (just the standing portion)
Trifecta Pilates - Yoga Pilates Fusion

I will take a walk or something later today, it s just too nice out not to!

There are things I should be doing around the house, but don't want to! LOL!

Pat- I hope your DH is feeling better.

Summer Breeze - we mus take advantage of the good weather while we have it.

Waves, Gypsy Rose

I'm not sure what I'm doing this week or tomorrow, LOL! I think just bouncing around seems inevitable to me. I am a bit inspired to do some of Pahla's workouts this week, I watched her live Q&A and she inspired me...but you never know what I will feel like doing tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

GypsyRose 10-04-20 05:49 PM

Hello!
Just a walk today, outside and a short house walk. Maybe some quick Qigong later.

Does anyone else do Qigong? Any recommendations? I mostly do YOQI with Marissa and I was thinking of branching out.

donnamp 10-05-20 07:44 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up adding on Pahla's 20 Min Total Body Toning for Beginners - it was unweighted and good for beginners, I also walked my doggie.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen's Slim Sculpt

I was going to do a Pahla B workout this morning, but I like Ellen's mix of workouts for this week....Slim Sculpt is sneaky, too, lots of reps w/ those light weights.

I may take a walk at lunch today - it is nice out and we have to take advantage of it when we can...I'm dreading the winter months with COVID, at least during the spring/summer we have been able to get outside.

Gypsy Rose - I am going to have to get into house walking, too, once the cold weather comes. YOQI has been where I have gone when dabbling in Qigong, the other instructor I have used is Lee Holden. Gosh, now I want to do some of Marissa's stuff! LOL! Her channel on You Tube has a lot of nice practices.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Waves, everyone,

Donna

Pat58 10-05-20 10:09 AM

Good morning! Well I did no housework at all yesterday. DH said it was too beautiful outside to waste the day so we went for a long nature walk, stopping to look at things and talk. We kept bumping into a lady walking her dog, and she began talking to us about how the dog was just diagnosed with cancer. It seemed like she just needed someone to talk to so we ended up walking and talking for a while, partly about the dog and partly about the situations we're all facing. I think all three of us felt a little unburdened. After that we just sat on a bench watching the ferries go by. LOL the vacuuming is still waiting. :D

Summer, did you get to do some PBL? I bet you got out to walk, too.

I do qigong Rose. Marissa Cranfill, founder of YoQi, has a lot of beautiful practices on her YoQi YouTube channel. I have a large Lee Holden DVD collection, too. I used to do qigong a lot more than I am now, and keep meaning to get back to incorporating it more. Lee Holden was a lifesaver when my RA was very bad, it was a magical elixir and for a time my only workouts were his practices.

Donna - Ellen is so sneaky!! ;)

Happy Moan Day everyone. :sun:

GypsyRose 10-05-20 03:49 PM

Hello!

Beautiful walk outside today. Looks like everyone is walking.
Thanks for the Qigong suggestions! I subscribe to YoQi and I love her work. Most of it is 1/2 hour. It's the same as youtube just more. She has a seasonal practice which I follow. Right now is Late Summer and it's for the spleen.

Okay, this is crazy, but I may have to evacuate again for the storm Delta hitting on Friday! Today I'm bringing my household items to the higher floor in case of flooding. All this work is good for my legs and arms. My family had suggested that I keep things upstairs but I thought we would not get threatened with another storm this year. Ha!

Off to do some more storm prep.

Enjoy!

Rose

donnamp 10-06-20 07:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday DD and I took a walk in the afternoon, so that was my "extra"for yesterday.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Dancing Barefoot - this is one of her "older" streaming workouts, some say it is repetitive, and it is, but that is sort of what I like about it - you get into a zone. It isn't a super challenging workout, but good for some gentle movement.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Hips & Low Back Release - this was "scheduled" today on her October calendar, and I did it not too long ago and enjoyed it, so I put it in for today.

Hope to walk later, too!

Gypsy Rose - Oh no, that is too much evacuation!! I have thought about subscribing to Marissa's site...it looks really nice....and I like the idea of seasonal practices.

Pat - it sounded like your day was way better than if you stayed home and cleaned!

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Hope everyone has a good day,

Donna

summer breeze 10-06-20 08:26 AM

Hi all !!

Walking Sunday and yesterday and some PBL too on Sunday. I'm planning my *yawn* walking and PBL today too :D. I do enjoy it.

ROSE, oh no on another storm!! That's just not right. Stay safe! Glad you got some walking in. I don't do qiqong but it does sound intriguing.

PAT, walking outdoors trumps housework any day and it sounds like you did some nice ones. I did do some more PBL and she sure works me good. Who would think you would have to take rests laying on the floor doing side lying moves...but you do with Lisa!

DONNA, great job with all your various workouts and walks!

Have a great day everyone!

Pat58 10-06-20 08:26 AM

Good morning ladies! :sun:

Last night I attended the first of four Monday evening Zoom yoga classes devoted to the psoas muscle. I learned a lot of good poses to help with it. Before the class I did Jane Fonda's Walkout, workout 1.

Rose, oh my goodness. What a PITA. I hope you are out of harm's way, please stay safe. 2020 just won't stop "giving."

Waves to Summer and Donna. :love: