Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Body = Studio Mixx??? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=192587)

lorajc 07-15-13 09:54 PM

So.?Ôlala..did you like the workout? Was it fun and would you recommend we purchase if we like Dreambody and fusion workouts?

mmss0607 07-29-13 10:19 AM

This is some new information Shandi sent me about the new Studiomixx DVDs (yes, DVDs!). I was impressed she answered very fast.

"our new DVDs will include ballet box, tabata sculpt(our old mixx 20/10 just renamed), and a new mixx with more cardio intervals than the first mixx we made.
I sent the DVDs out for duplication on Friday so should be 7-10 days.
Hope this helps!!"

I also asked about the difference of her workouts and Dream Body's. What I understood is that Deambody is faster with multiple movements happening at once. Her technique (Studiomixx) follows an specific format to sculpt and lengthen your muscles, isolating specific muscle groups to avoid losing form. She call it a "smart" workout!!

Hope this helps!

LeanneM 07-29-13 10:38 AM

Thanks for sharing the info, mmss0607!

These sound great -- and I'm definitely thinking about getting them, depending on the cost!:)

edensmom 07-29-13 12:08 PM

These sound really good.

There are so many workouts coming out right now or soon that I want!

azuniga 07-29-13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmss0607 (Post 2265780)
This is some new information Shandi sent me about the new Studiomixx DVDs (yes, DVDs!). I was impressed she answered very fast.

"our new DVDs will include ballet box, tabata sculpt(our old mixx 20/10 just renamed), and a new mixx with more cardio intervals than the first mixx we made.
Hope this helps!!"

I also asked about the difference of her workouts and Dream Body's. What I understood is that Deambody is faster with multiple movements happening at once. Her technique (Studiomixx) follows an specific format to sculpt and lengthen your muscles, isolating specific muscle groups to avoid losing form. She call it a "smart" workout!!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!!! I'm excited about these workouts!

afirmrose 07-29-13 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmss0607 (Post 2265780)

Hope this helps!!"

Hope this helps!

So will the current download they have be one of the DVD?

violingal3 07-30-13 05:46 AM

Thanks for the update, will definitely be interested if this is a more controlled version of DB. The instructor and other ladies in her posts have very inspiring physiques!

flamingoo 08-03-13 02:19 PM

According to Facebook, preorder is in 10 days. There is a very small clip, but it is very short and didn't show much. I couldn't find much info on their website either. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

LeanneM 08-03-13 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingoo (Post 2268862)
According to Facebook, preorder is in 10 days. There is a very small clip, but it is very short and didn't show much. I couldn't find much info on their website either. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Thanks for the info! Depending on the price, I might pre-order. :)

deineira 08-07-13 09:44 PM

I just wanted to post that I bought this download and although I've only done it once, I liked it ok. I have been mulling over the new DB series (even though I returned the old one!), so this might be a better match for me. Some of the moves were somewhat familiar, but she definitely has her own style. It was a good lower body workout, and I definitely was burning during several of the moves. I will try to add this into my rotation weekly and will check back in a week or two to see if her pre-order has started.

LeanneM 08-09-13 03:38 PM

They just posted details about the new workouts:

Mixxtreme Fitness by StudioMixx DVD Collection

Disc 1
Ballet Box
Plie squat and punch your way through this power hour interval training class that will ramp up your heart rate with boxing drills to torch calories while sculpting lean beautiful muscles using the ballet barre technique. Detail your midsection with specific core training exercises that guarantee a flat sexy stomach.

Disc 2
Tabata Sculpt
A courageous, daring, and dynamic conditioning experience inspired by the "Tabata" method of 20 seconds of high intensity training, followed by a 10 second recovery. This 45 minute class will transition through intervals of Tabata method exercises followed by intense sculpting and elongating movements to give you a lean and sexy physique

Disc 3
Mixx
A vigorous sequence of exercises that mix the concepts of pilates, yoga, plyometrics, ballet barre exercises, and cardio intervals to tone and lengthen your muscles while burning fat. Your own body weight along with light weights and fitness balls will be used to target every angle of every muscle in your entire body. You will see a lifted back side, sexy legs, shapely arms, and a killer mid- section.

The price is $45 + shipping, and is supposedly at a 10% discount.

I still don't see any clips for them on their Facebook page . . . .

bee 08-09-13 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanneM (Post 2271892)

And some people thought "MILF" was a bad name! :) Thanks for the details!!

Nuggie's Auntie 08-09-13 04:16 PM

Oooh, that sounds good! And $45 is pretty reasonable for 3 DVDs.

kariev34 08-09-13 05:37 PM

i preordered:D

afirmrose 08-09-13 05:44 PM

Are they new workouts or is the download already available part of the DVD set?

kariev34 08-09-13 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afirmrose (Post 2271944)
Are they new workouts or is the download already available part of the DVD set?

They are new workouts.

afirmrose 08-09-13 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kariev34 (Post 2271952)
They are new workouts.

Thanks! Just ordered.

deineira 08-09-13 06:31 PM

Thanks for the update. I did their download today, and I liked it better than my first time through.

Usia 08-09-13 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afirmrose (Post 2271957)
Thanks! Just ordered.

Where do you order these? I don't see anything on their website other than the download.

kariev34 08-09-13 07:34 PM

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=J3J2UQUDEAT6N

bee 08-09-13 07:44 PM

So..... for people who have done their workouts.... do you really think they are at a noticeably slower pace than Dream Body? I'm hesitant to order without seeing an actual clip. Have we heard if Mary will carry these?

kariev34 08-09-13 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2272015)
So..... for people who have done their workouts.... do you really think they are at a noticeably slower pace than Dream Body? I'm hesitant to order without seeing an actual clip. Have we heard if Mary will carry these?

YES!!!!! The download is at a much slower and more controlled pace compared to DB.

mmss0607 08-09-13 08:02 PM

Quote:

It was mentioned in her last newsletter. I sent her an email and she replied that she hasn't heard back from Shandi, but she will drop her another email.

Debbie S. 08-09-13 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanneM (Post 2271892)

Disc 1
Ballet Box
Plie squat and punch your way through this power hour interval training class that will ramp up your heart rate with boxing drills to torch calories while sculpting lean beautiful muscles using the ballet barre technique. Detail your midsection with specific core training exercises that guarantee a flat sexy stomach.

Disc 2
Tabata Sculpt
A courageous, daring, and dynamic conditioning experience inspired by the "Tabata" method of 20 seconds of high intensity training, followed by a 10 second recovery. This 45 minute class will transition through intervals of Tabata method exercises followed by intense sculpting and elongating movements to give you a lean and sexy physique

Disc 3
Mixx
A vigorous sequence of exercises that mix the concepts of pilates, yoga, plyometrics, ballet barre exercises, and cardio intervals to tone and lengthen your muscles while burning fat. Your own body weight along with light weights and fitness balls will be used to target every angle of every muscle in your entire body. You will see a lifted back side, sexy legs, shapely arms, and a killer mid- section.

The price is $45 + shipping, and is supposedly at a 10% discount.

I still don't see any clips for them on their Facebook page . . . .

I received the email, and these do sound good, especially the first one. I bought her download awhile ago, but haven't even done it yet. Hmm!

mizach 08-09-13 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbie s. (Post 2272035)
i received the email, and these do sound good, especially the first one. I bought her download awhile ago, but haven't even done it yet. Hmm!

:d

twinkletoes 08-09-13 09:26 PM

So did anyone buy the DVDs (besides me?) :p

Nuggie's Auntie 08-10-13 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkletoes (Post 2272070)
So did anyone buy the DVDs (besides me?) :p

I'd consider it, but I need to see clips.

twinkletoes 08-10-13 06:28 AM

I'm hoping the DVDs are like the clips on her website. {fingers crossed}

kathym 08-10-13 07:54 AM

Could someone post the link for the pre-order. Thanks bunches.

momofcha 08-10-13 08:28 AM

Quote:

Definitely. One thing about the download is between changing moves she'll tell you what's coming up. Then when you get ready to start the move she repeats herself. I can't remember if it's a VoiceOver or not. I've only done the download once. I prefer dream body. It was a hard workout though.

Nuggie's Auntie 08-10-13 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 2272174)
I prefer dream body. It was a hard workout though.

Sue, why do you prefer DB? Just curious...

LeanneM 08-10-13 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie (Post 2272187)
Sue, why do you prefer DB? Just curious...

I'd love to know this, too!

I ended up pre-ordering since I love the results I've been getting from DB and think that these will be good to add into the mix. Between these and the new Tonique workout that should be out soon, I'll be a happy girl for awhile! :D

bee 08-10-13 09:41 AM

I'm guessing Sue doesn't like the downtime and repeated instructions, but I'm sure she'll chime in!

I think I'm going to wait for Mary to get these so I can see extended clips. The new Toniques I may be willing to order without any clips -- I love BTM and Energy Mat, and have found love for Cardio Mat. Definitely going through a Tonique love-fest lately. Can't wait for the new ones!!

azuniga 08-10-13 10:25 AM

I'm excited that Mary will get these workouts! I really liked the first workout. I must be in the minority because when Shandi would explain the move, I really liked it because it gave me time to breath! It is tough!

momofcha 08-10-13 11:06 AM

Yes, bee that's mostly it. I like the pace of DB - even though I do slow it down a bit & do my own reps. - it's easier to go at my own pace slower than it is to speed Studio Mixx up. Does that make sense?

I'm not a fan of "slow, controlled pulses" - that's not my nature. It's not for everyone - but give me P57 over bar method for example.

I hate cardio with a passion - yet I enjoy these immensely. They are my cardio & get my heart rate up. It works for me.

It doesn't mean either is better or easier than the other. The one time I did studio mixx it was hard, I took breaks, I liked it... But I love dream body.

Nuggie's Auntie 08-10-13 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 2272270)
I'm not a fan of "slow, controlled pulses" - that's not my nature. It's not for everyone - but give me P57 over bar method for example.

I feel the same way... but when I watch clips of DB the pace seems almost frantic. Is there anything in the middle?!

twinkletoes 08-10-13 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathym (Post 2272164)
Could someone post the link for the pre-order. Thanks bunches.

I ordered it from this link (click on "see more" of their latest status). I don't think you need to log in to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Studi...41342962574464

PhyllisG 08-10-13 12:19 PM

Do we know if Mary is getting these? I am interested but want to see clips and read some comments.
I haven't liked or kept too many barre workouts except for P57 which I love. I also have Pop Physique and V Vusion--both of which I like.
DB was too frantic for me so I am hoping these are more appealing tho I just bought TA's new releases. So I actually need nothing more but why let that stop me!

momofcha 08-10-13 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhyllisG (Post 2272313)
Do we know if Mary is getting these? I am interested but want to see clips and read some comments.
I haven't liked or kept too many barre workouts except for P57 which I love. I also have Pop Physique and V Vusion--both of which I like.
DB was too frantic for me so I am hoping these are more appealing tho I just bought TA's new releases. So I actually need nothing more but why let that stop me!

I think someone said a few pages back that Mary should be carrying these.

momofcha 08-10-13 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmss0607 (Post 2272030)
It was mentioned in her last newsletter. I sent her an email and she replied that she hasn't heard back from Shandi, but she will drop her another email.

Here you go Phyllis