Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone else making 2013 goals already? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=185951)

SpiritSong 10-24-12 01:50 PM

Anyone else making 2013 goals already?

I am trying to build up my daily workout minutes in these last nine weeks of 2012 so that I can be up to an hour a day (5-6 days per week) in 2013. My goal is to vary the time spent on cardio/toning and spend the rest of the hour doing yoga or a stretch workout.

Then I was trying to think of a way to resolve my virgin problem, and I thought of declaring Saturday my virgin day. That will give me 52 opportunities in 2013 to get through all those workouts I bought and have never done. :o I'm not sure I actually have 52 virgins, but I probably own a bunch of workouts that have been done only once, so I can move on to those if I run out.

LOL. :p Anyone else setting 2013 goals already?

JENILU 10-24-12 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritSong (Post 2121012)

Then I was trying to think of a way to resolve my virgin problem, and I thought of declaring Saturday my virgin day. That will give me 52 opportunities in 2013 to get through all those workouts I bought and have never done. :o I'm not sure I actually have 52 virgins, but I probably own a bunch of workouts that have been done only once, so I can move on to those if I run out.

Just wanted to add that several of those virgins may have multiple workouts on them, so it still may be 52 you haven't done! :D

SpiritSong 10-24-12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENILU (Post 2121017)
Just wanted to add that several of those virgins may have multiple workouts on them, so it still may be 52 you haven't done! :D

As Amy approached the mountain, she looked up and thought, "Hey, I can climb this. One step at a time!" Then Jenilu walked up behind her and pushed her into the valley below the mountain, adding another mile to the journey.

metalbarbie 10-24-12 02:57 PM

Goals for 2013?? Buy new videos, of course! Duh! Informercials we are ready for you!

JENILU 10-24-12 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritSong (Post 2121043)
As Amy approached the mountain, she looked up and thought, "Hey, I can climb this. One step at a time!" Then Jenilu walked up behind her and pushed her into the valley below the mountain, adding another mile to the journey.

:cool: Lol, just helping!! It just means you won't have to add in extra DVDs. You probably have 52 workouts in your virgins. :sun:

txfitmom 10-24-12 06:41 PM

I wish I could make my goal in 2013 to not buy too many fitness videos, but I know I cannot keep that promise!

I have an ever growing virgin workout collection as well. Lately, I have been doing something similar. I allow myself the weekend to pick whatever workout I want that I have not tried yet even if it does not meet my current fitness goals, just something to have fun.

I am kind of loving this approach. During the week, I stick to a more formal rotation and then the weekend is more carefree. It helps me stick to a rotation during the week knowing that the weekend is coming up and I don't feel guilty anymore about my virgin workouts now that I am actually trying them!

rhbrand 10-24-12 07:46 PM

I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

To quit buying everything

To actually USE what I buy.

zraipel 10-24-12 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhbrand (Post 2121169)
I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

Everything she said!! :o

bubbles76 10-24-12 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zraipel (Post 2121173)
everything she said!! :o

+2

Sissy B 10-24-12 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhbrand (Post 2121169)

+3

~Sissy B