Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Charlene Prickett video's?? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=2369)

judym64 01-08-02 04:15 PM

Charlene Prickett video's??

I am new to this forum (its great!) but not new to video workouts. I am a HUGE Cathe fan and have all her tapes. Recently, Ive remember how much I used to like Charlene Prickett MANY years ago. I am thinking of ordering some of her tapes and would appreciate anybody's input. I like athletic choreography as oppossed to dancy, hi- intensity but lower impact, hi-lo floor rather than step and about hour long workouts. I am thinking of "low impact/High Intensity", "Start your Engines" "Rev up-the Sequel" , I read some reviews here on this forum but they are older reviews so I thought maybe other vf's could help me out?? Thanks so much! Judy

juliel 01-08-02 04:38 PM

high intensity, low impact

this one's a keeper on my list. i like the setting--filmed outdoors...
the workout is an athletic type routine--no fancy dancy steps. the length is good too..i think it's about 45 minutes or so.

Loretta S. 01-08-02 05:51 PM

You might also like Cruising Altitude. It's one of her new ones from last year.

judym64 01-08-02 06:21 PM

Loretta and Julie, Thanks ladies for the help, I appreciate it. I will order those two and if anyone else has any suggestions, fire away! Judy:)

Anne V 01-08-02 07:55 PM

I've got two of her tapes

Low Impact High Intensity and Start Your Engines. LIHI is much better in my opinion.

She gets some good intensity for high impact. If you really do her "great big knees" you can end up with your glutes talking to you the next day too. But I find that with her tapes I watch the clock. The choreo is so basic that my mind wanders...good thing she's chatty. But because she's chatty I can't do them very often because I don't want to memorize that stuff. They don't meet my workout moods very often but when I want something that requires no EMCF (early morning coordination factor) I sometimes reach for these tapes.

Kimberly33 01-09-02 11:21 AM

It Figures

Hi,

I have her It Figures shows, v.17 & v.18 (bought off of ebay), and I really like them--although I haven't done all of them yet, only the first tape (4 episodes) of v. 17, and one workout from v. 18. I think they're expensive to buy from Charlene, but I LOVE having a ton of 1/2 hour workouts at my disposal. And most of them really get my heart-rate up, too! (Especially doing the big knees).

I hope you enjoy your tapes!

tiffanywu 01-09-02 12:30 PM

I second the thumbs up for Low Impact, High Intensity. Great scenery, simple choreography, 45 minutes of actual aerobics plus warm-up and cool-down stretch (comes up to 55 minutes or so). My mind doesn't function too well in the morning if my heart is beating so fast so I'm all for simple moves!

Lynne11 01-09-02 01:22 PM

Re: I've got two of her tapes

Quote:

Originally posted by Anne V
Low Impact High Intensity and Start Your Engines. LIHI is much better in my opinion.

She gets some good intensity for high impact. If you really do her "great big knees" you can end up with your glutes talking to you the next day too. But I find that with her tapes I watch the clock. The choreo is so basic that my mind wanders...good thing she's chatty. But because she's chatty I can't do them very often because I don't want to memorize that stuff. They don't meet my workout moods very often but when I want something that requires no EMCF (early morning coordination factor) I sometimes reach for these tapes.

I agree with Anne. Of the two, I prefer LI/HI over Start Your Engines mostly because of the outdoor setting and the fact that it's not as repetitious as Start Your Engines. The intensity comes from those "great big knees." In addition to feeling it in the glutes the next day, I also feel it at the very top of my legs if I don't do a really good groin stretch right after the workout. Like Anne said, I tend to watch the clock. She holds the sequences too long, IMO, especially on Start Your Engines (which also has unattractive outfits and very small set, if that matters to you). I haven't done that one in a long time. On both videos, one of my favorite moves is the "speed skating." That's fun and high-intensity.

DonnaDiana 01-09-02 06:59 PM

I just received "STep Right UP" today in the mail, and was really charmed by Charlene. I've never done a Charlene video before and am now thinking of getting others!! I think that her chattiness is pleasant and keeps the mind somewhat entertained and off any misery you might be sufferring.

I found "Step Right up" to be low in complexity, but VERY high in intensity, if that's what you want. Not any impact that I remember.

old tape--but a good one for new to step, but advanced exercisers. Not dancy, I don't think.

Dawna

RovinUSA 01-10-02 08:27 PM

Had to comment here, as Charlene is my favorite cardio instructor. I also like Low Impact High Intensity the best, but Start Your Engines is really good too, and a bit more challenging. If you are interested in a shorter but challenging cardio tape with more gorgeous scenery, I highly recommend More Muscle, Less Fat. The weights part isn't my favorite, but the cardio makes up for it. I use that part a lot as an add-on. I also have her TV series #17 and love that too (more gorgeous scenery, lots of variety with 13 different half hour workouts). They are a little easier I think.

I have not tried Rev Up or any of her step tapes.

Shelley