Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 05-01-20 08:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we had rain all day - so no walk outside. After work I did do Jenny Ford - March Across America Wyoming - which was only 20 minutes but all I had energy for after a long day!

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent -Stronger Ankle, Knee and Hip Workout
Blessful Body - Booty Blast Barre Fusion

It looks like it is clearing up - so, hopefully a chance to walk outside later!

Oh - I did get offered the job I interviewed for! I had a bout of self doubt about it - but I think I talked myself down and I think I'm going to accept. It is a lateral transfer - no extra $ - but a chance to learn some new things and, as I said, it is not where I am! I spent a bit of time in self-doubt land b/c some of the job includes things I have not done before - but I was honest about that in the interview and I just spoke to someone who is in that role now and he said essentially on-the job training will take care of any deficits.

Here is the funny part - I was telling my husband that it was my 2 year anniversary in this job and that I wasn't sure I could take it another year - when my phone rings and it is HR offering me the position. Talk about timing.

so...I think I'm going to accept.

wishiwasinhawaii - opening up parks seems to make more sense than hair salons - at least it is outdoors - and from what I understand the virus doesn't do great in sunlight. The close contact stuff should be delayed.

Sherry -good work! I'm not sure I would make my "breaking the rules" so public!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-01-20 10:18 AM

It's cloudy here today and we're supposed to get thunderstorms in a bit, so I'm staying in. I will be doing yard work all weekend, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of outdoor time then to make up for all the time I've been spending indoors!

Today is a stretch exercise on the Calm & Strong rotation, which I will do later today. I might also do a HASfit kickboxing workout if I'm feeling energetic.

Donna, Congrats on the job! Will you be able to start while you're working from home? I think it's great that you are able to move around within your organization so well. I wouldn't worry about the new things you've never done before. Just like most things in life, once you do it a few times, it'll be second nature.

Sherry, I hope you're less sore today!

donnamp 05-01-20 10:22 AM

Thanks, wishiwasinhawaii! I have to discuss the start time - transition and all that stuff - I'm going to call later and accept the position. It will be interesting to start remotely w/out having everything I need in front of me. But I guess we shall see what happens. I also would feel bad leaving a pile of unfinished work where I am - so I'd honestly be willing to wait until July 1st to start - but i"m not sure if the new boss would want that to happen. Maybe half time at each place?

Donna

Leonana 05-01-20 11:43 AM

I'm planning on cardio today, after some house cleaning. My right hand is still achey and a bit sore, but getting better. I use it too much for my phone and computer, so I'm trying to use my left hand more often.

I just read on FB that a church I used to attend will be meeting this Sunday. They are very small, less than a 100 people, but I was surprised to read it. I thought it wasn't allowed until after May 15. My current church is not meeting right now.

wishiwasinhawaii, my hand is feeling better, thanks! Golf courses were never closed in our state. Social distancing was supposed to be enforced, but I don't think it was very much. We have friends who went golfing together in a group of four, two couples.

Donna, congratulations on the job! I'm sure you will do great. I just found out that Dr. Dray's mother had endometrial cancer, and is on chemo right now. I feel bad for her and her mom right now. She and her mom had a wonderful, positive attitude about it. She also had a good video on crepey skin that I found helpful.

donnamp 05-02-20 07:40 AM

Hi Everyone

Today was:

Jenny Ford- Step Across America - Florida
Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Transitions

I haven't done yoga in a long time - it was nice to re-visit Adriene and her dog, Benji. Jenny's step was nice - nothing super unique about it other than the setting, but I like my step to be more basic these days.

Nice weather today so we will walk the dogs - also hope to sit outside a bit!

I do have to do some work for my job today and possibly tomorrow. Although I'm leaving, I don't want to leave a mess behind....

Sherry - I hadn't heard about Dr. Dray's mother - I hope she is ok. I don't watch many of Dr. Dray's videos any more - I may watch the crepey skin one, though. I can use some tips on that!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 05-02-20 11:10 PM

Yesterday was housework in the morning, then Jessica's 8 Minute LI Cardio and 8 Minute Stretch. Today was You Tube Stepping Strength. I did only one of the Calm and Strong workouts this week, Single Sided Strength. But I just couldn't talk myself into a Metabolic workout that was on the schedule. Although, the WS3 might have been okay following Debbie. But Stepping Strength was a good choice. My right hand is feeling better. I think my biggest problem is using my phone too much! I've been practicing using my left hand on my iphone.

Weather cooled off a little, only 97 today. I am not ready for an early summer. You'd think we have had enough to get through this year!

I've been really restless about the lockdown, wanting it over. I've heard it's called "quarantine fatigue." It made me feel better to know my feelings are normal!

donnamp 05-03-20 07:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Chris Freytag - Fat Burning Cardio Walk (20 min). I forgot that I had signed up for a 2 week body weight challenge from Chris' Get Healthy U TV site - each day they e-mail you a link to the workout. This was Day 3. Day 1 was a "coming down the ladder" workout that looked scary and Day 2 was kickboxing. I don't know how long the links will last - but I may do a few of the workouts here and there (not up for a formal rotation these days!). This was an enjoyable indoor walking workout - good energy!

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Risk Takers - I decided to look at Adriene's play list for this month and do some of the practices. Her theme for May is meditation and she has a short meditation as well as a physical practice scheduled each day. I honestly am not good at meditation - I can't sit still that long. But, I may try some of her meditation practices here and there this month. Yoga for Risk Takers was enjoyable unitl we got to Crow which I presently can't do - I just did my own thing for a bit.

Will hopefully get out to walk today --- it looks like it might rain.

I feel like doing NOTHING today but I do need to force myself to get some things done..

Sherry - I wonder if Quarantine Fatigue explains my lack of energy? Although I have decided I'm the weirdest person b/c I am not particularly bothered by not going anywhere. Both DH and DD think I'm out of my mind.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-03-20 10:18 AM

The weather was beautiful here yesterday so I went out for a walk in the morning and then did yard work the rest of the day, so I did not do a formal workout. Today is a cardio core workout on the Calm & Strong schedule, but I'll do that later today. It's supposed to be in the low 80s today, but I think I might stay in because allergies are acting up.

Sherry, I don't blame you for not wanting to do Metabolic Conditioning. I did that one the other day and barely got through it! I'm sure Quarantine Fatigue is real, but I don't think it's going to end for a long time--at least not where I live.

Donna, I don't care about going anywhere either, but I do wish we could go to the stores like we used to. I hate the worry involved. So stressful.

Have a good day!

donnamp 05-04-20 07:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Natalie Spadaccino - Powerful Presence - Natalie is a guest instructor on Ellen's site this month. I enjoyed this one - it was tough - a lot of balance work!

Blessful Body - Zesty Flow

Back to it today.....will walk tonight!

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, I could do without the worry - and it would be nice to run out to pick up a container of milk w/out worry! We have still been doing grocery delivery through instacart or curbside pick up - which requires more planning and less "running out to get something". I also know that once restrictions are relaxed there is a good chance I, or someone in my family, will get this virus.... Hopefully work will operate on a staggered schedule where there is not a full staff present in the office for a long time. I'm still waiting on my official offer from HR...but I verbally accepted on Friday. it will be interesting starting remotely. I am willing to stay where I am until the end of the fiscal year to wrap things up and maybe by then we will start having some staggered staffing in the office.

Waves, Sherry!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-04-20 07:48 PM

Today was the Have a Ball workout which I hadn't done in years. I like this rotation because I've been rediscovering some workouts I had forgotten about. I tried to go for a walk but it was so windy that I didn't stay out long.

Donna, I did a large Instacart order last week so I should be set for at least a couple of weeks, but I'm thinking of doing my own shopping next time. Both my nephews are now working for Instacart, which I'm not happy about, but there are no jobs anywhere, so this is what they have to do. My SIL's brother's wife had COVID and has now recovered and went back to work, so at least that's some good news.

I don't think I'll be going back to work at all this year, unless there is a miracle cure. The CEO sent us a video saying whenever the office reopens, we'll do it in stages and most people will continue to work from home for "many months." I haven't been living like a hermit all this time only to be exposed to people in a stuffy office, so I'm staying home as long as I can.

Have you heard from HR?

Waves, Sherry!