Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 03-04-20 06:47 PM

Hi,

I saw Jessica's post about the Spring Ahead challenge and now that is looking good to me, LOL! I'm always changing my mind. But, I really do want to challenge myself more.

DD and I went for a walk after her eye appointment today.

Pgun - Pyramid Power Walk???

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Donna

pgun3 03-04-20 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamp (Post 2862310)
Hi,

I saw Jessica's post about the Spring Ahead challenge and now that is looking good to me, LOL! I'm always changing my mind. But, I really do want to challenge myself more.

DD and I went for a walk after her eye appointment today.

Pgun - Pyramid Power Walk???

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Donna

yes! Donna that is it. I also saw her spring challenge and now in my amazon shopping cart are $245 worth of her workouts that I don't already have LOL. I sent her an email in hopes of a discount code, you won't get it if you don't ask.... right?

donnamp 03-05-20 08:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was a lazy day so far - I did:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Fix - 20 min practice.

Pgun - I was thinking about doing mainly the You Tube workouts in the challenge.

I may start it on Saturday....but we shall see! LOL!

I do feel I need some structure, as I tend to waste too much time figuring out what to do!!

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna

pgun3 03-05-20 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamp (Post 2862372)
Hi Everyone,

I do feel I need some structure, as I tend to waste too much time figuring out what to do!!

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna

Today I did JS Dance Walk

Donna back in the day I used to go to my basement look at the dvds and pick one, if I wasn't feeling it I'd pick another, and if I wasn't feeling that one either I would grab another and sometimes that hit the spot and I would do that workout LOL Anything so I wouldn't give up and just go back upstairs

Leonana 03-05-20 09:35 PM

Today was my rest day, since I do Tai Chi on Wednesdays. I'm pretty tired the next day, Tai Chi is a sneaky workout. Since I did extra workouts before the class, I was really tired today. I also did my volunteer filing for the hospice today. I get a little bit of a workout doing that, with extra steps going back and forth to the file cabinets, and squats for the lower drawers.

Donna, I haven't checked out the Spring Ahead Challenge yet. I'm only half way through February Fusion, lol. I do like the challenges, I just do them so much slower.

Pgun, Jessica has put out a lot over the years, so it would add up! I was curious to see how many dvd's I have. Including four of her 10 Minute Solution dvd's, and counting the dvd's in the sets separately, I have 41 of her dvd's, and Walk Strong 3 on Purple Player, which I guess would make 47 if I had the dvd's. But I'm sure my collection doesn't compare to yours or Donna's, or most vidiots. I was definitely late to discovering at home workouts. I wish I had started earlier. Better late than never though! I see by your post in GD that you did get a discount. That's great!

wishiwasinhawaii 03-06-20 04:44 PM

Cold, damp and chilly day here. Good day to stay in.

I'm easing back into fitness and did my first workout today--a short beginner weight workout from HASfit. I only used 3 lbs and they felt heavy at times, so that was a bit discouraging. I haven't done anything in about a month though so maybe that's to be expected after being sick. Oh well, baby steps.

I saw Jessica's new spring challenge, but it will have to be a summer challenge for me.

pgun3 03-06-20 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonana (Post 2862501)

Pgun, Jessica has put out a lot over the years, so it would add up! I was curious to see how many dvd's I have. Including four of her 10 Minute Solution dvd's, and counting the dvd's in the sets separately, I have 41 of her dvd's, and Walk Strong 3 on Purple Player, which I guess would make 47 if I had the dvd's. But I'm sure my collection doesn't compare to yours or Donna's, or most vidiots. I was definitely late to discovering at home workouts. I wish I had started earlier. Better late than never though! I see by your post in GD that you did get a discount. That's great!

I would have to go down and count my JS workouts. I bought 3 yesterday. And maybe I had 12 downstairs. So you have me beat LOL

I guess today was my rest day since I couldn't seem to get myself out of bed this morning. I should have because my hormones took over today LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii (Post 2862603)
Cold, damp and chilly day here. Good day to stay in.

I'm easing back into fitness and did my first workout today--a short beginner weight workout from HASfit. I only used 3 lbs and they felt heavy at times, so that was a bit discouraging. I haven't done anything in about a month though so maybe that's to be expected after being sick. Oh well, baby steps.

I saw Jessica's new spring challenge, but it will have to be a summer challenge for me.

I have just got myself back into working out again also...I just started back up last week. I have worked out 4 days this week so far. For me that is a LOT. Jessica makes it easy, no dread factor.

donnamp 03-07-20 08:16 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a busy day so I didn't get a chance to check in:

Friday:

Leslie Heart Healthy 1 Mile walk (You Tube) - it looks like this one is pretty new - released this February.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Legs

Saturday:

Jessica Smith - Stride & Step (You Tube)
Jessica Valent - Renew & Restore

I was thinking about doing Jessica Smith's spring challenge, but i think I will stick w/ my Jessica Valent plan - I paid for her subscription through mid-April, so I would feel bad not using it. Maybe I'll do Spring Ahead when my subscription runs out!

Hope everyone has a good Saturday - sorry to be so rushed!!

Donna

Leonana 03-07-20 01:10 PM

Yesterday was Upper Body Barre (skipping the floor work). Added in 1 Mile Express Abs Walk for ab work. I guess I've moved into Week 4 of February Fusion, skipping some of the Week 3 workouts. I guess I will do some of the Week 4 workouts, then check out the Spring Challenge. I'm working on my kitchen cabinets today, cleaning, sanding and stain touch up. My kitchen is really bad and needs help. I guess I somehow got some home improvement motivation lately, lol. I will probably do a stretch tonight.

Pgun, I do have a lot of Jessica's workouts! I was guessing that most people at VF have more dvd's overall than me, including all instructors. I have about three or four non-Jessica dvd's.

Donna, it makes sense to do your subscription. I need to look at the Spring Challenge, and see if it will work for me.

donnamp 03-08-20 09:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Ellen's Total Body Tune Up - a winner!

Whenever I do Ellen's workouts I think that is all I want to do plus maybe a little cardio...some Pilates or Yoga.

Ellen's new workout for the month is up - Dynamic Cardio - I may try to do it tomorrow morning if I can get up early enough for a 45 min workout - not sure w/ daylight savings time.

Good job, Sherry on the February Fusion rotation - I think it is good to make it work for you - there is no "rule" that says you have to finish it in a certain amount of time or do every workout! I may do the Spring rotation when my Jessica Valent subscription runs out.

Next year, I'm really thinking about a no subscription year (except for Ellen - but her's is really cheap~) so I can focus more on my DVDs and things I already own.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!!!

Donna