Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Skogg lovers-tell me about your weights used (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=192830)

baba 05-16-13 10:55 AM

Skogg lovers-tell me about your weights used

I am on week three of my first-ever Skogg rotation. I'm also fairly new to Kettlebells. I've had a few personal training sessions with an RKC trainer to work on my form. So far I've been using 8 kg for all the Skogg workouts. I wanted to hear the weights others have used and when you have moved up in weights. And what weights have you topped out at. Thank you!

MamaBecca 05-16-13 11:10 AM

I started with 8 kgs too, which was perfect for a bit. I soon moved up to a 12 kg for most one-handed exercises and 16 kg for swings. My top weight was a 20 kg for swings. For overhead exercises (TGU, snatches) I'll still use an 8 or 12. I would like to eventually work up to a 24 kg for swings, but I don't have one yet.

Julia 05-16-13 11:23 AM

The first time I completed Skoggs I began with a 10 pound kettlebell and moved up to 15 pounds during the initial "test" phase day. I felt comfortable staying at that weight for the remainder of the time I chose to stay on the program.

The second round I completed 6 months later I began at 15 pounds and didnt feel the need to increase weight as the program becomes progressively and incredibly more challenging independant of Kb weight increase. With Skoggs Ive found "more" isnt necessarily better. ;)

Good Luck!

baba 05-16-13 04:37 PM

Thank you! I am enjoying the new skill and challenge.

andtckrtoo 05-17-13 08:08 AM

I start with an 18 pound bell and quickly move up to 22 and 26. I love what the heavier bells do for my waist and bum. :)

Eilene 05-18-13 04:03 PM

Right now I'm using between 22lb-35lb. When I started (1 1/2 yrs ago) I used a 14lb & quickly went up to an 18lb.

sheepla 05-25-13 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia (Post 2230638)
The first time I completed Skoggs I began with a 10 pound kettlebell and moved up to 15 pounds during the initial "test" phase day. I felt comfortable staying at that weight for the remainder of the time I chose to stay on the program.

The second round I completed 6 months later I began at 15 pounds and didnt feel the need to increase weight as the program becomes progressively and incredibly more challenging independant of Kb weight increase. With Skoggs Ive found "more" isnt necessarily better. ;)

Good Luck!

This is very similar to what I did.

KateTT 05-25-13 07:43 AM

I LOVE Skogg!!! Just had to get that out. Lol.

I use 20, 25 and 35 lbs depending on the exercise. 15's for warmups. I am definitely getting stronger. I have a45 just waiting in the wings.

I'm quite convinced that not only will you get in shape from kettle bells, you'll also get stronger if you challenge yourself.

I love Skogg! (Sorry get carried away).

Yoyogirl72 05-25-13 11:04 AM

I started with 10lb and moved to 15lbs within a few weeks and finished level 4 with that weight. I restarted skogg after 6 months using an 8 kg bell currently at level 3.