Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic VF Roost move? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222689)

sbh 03-20-18 10:55 AM

VF Roost move?

How would all of you members feel about moving The Roost from Facebook to Tapatalk? The yuku board where the Yaya's use to reside was taken over by Tapatalk. I have designed a VF Roost there to see what it would look like. Moving The Roost there would enable non Facebook VF'ers access to The Roost.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/forum-f2/

What do you think?

This is the same forum board that Totalfitnessdvds uses.

I am adding members there now. If we have enough interest at Tapatalk, then I will give my Admin position at FB to someone else for those who want to stay at FB.

yogapam 03-20-18 11:12 AM

Hi Sherri! Looks like we need to sign up for an account to access it?

bubbles76 03-20-18 11:15 AM

How could we keep non-VFers from accessing?

sbh 03-20-18 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2765174)
How could we keep non-VFers from accessing?

They would have to provide their VF name before being added to the forum. I set it up for a manual add of new people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2765172)
Hi Sherri! Looks like we need to sign up for an account to access it?

Yes, you have to sign in just like we do here at VF. It's free.

sbh 03-20-18 11:34 AM

I would also need moderators too. Anyone?

yogapam 03-20-18 11:38 AM

I signed up, says pending admin approval. I could moderate if needed Sherri.

fanofladyvols 03-20-18 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2765178)
I signed up, says pending admin approval. I could moderate if needed Sherri.

I signed up and am pending approval
I would love it as I don't do Facebook.

MomOf2Gremlins 03-20-18 11:57 AM

Already registered; same name as here 'MomOf2Gremlins'! ;)
Thanks! :heart:

toaster 03-20-18 12:01 PM

For me, I would almost never use it if it weren't on FB (not that I'm using a lot now!). But I can understand the desire to open it up to additional people.

superfit41 03-20-18 12:10 PM

I just signed up and am pending approval. It didn't ask for me to change my user name, so I just kept everything the same. I hope I did it correctly :o
Sherry :)

zoegirl 03-20-18 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster (Post 2765184)
For me, I would almost never use it if it weren't on FB (not that I'm using a lot now!). But I can understand the desire to open it up to additional people.

Same for me.

Tiny 03-20-18 12:35 PM

I don't have FB so I was never able to join VF Roost. If you are able to do it this way that would be amazing.

I signed up just in case with my user name plus my initials Tiny-mbp.

sbh 03-20-18 12:38 PM

I have added 16 members o far....woo hoo!

Yogapam - I have added you as a moderator.

bzar 03-20-18 12:39 PM

will it have unwanted ads on it? that was a problem for me under yuku.

sbh 03-20-18 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzar (Post 2765195)
will it have unwanted ads on it? that was a problem for me under yuku.

I have not seen any ads.

monterey vidiot 03-20-18 12:45 PM

The yayas forum always had a virus problem. I guess I'm in the minority on this -- I would prefer to have it remain on Facebook. Why inconvenience the current members?

janice 03-20-18 12:46 PM

Hi Sherri

My VF name is not available so had to use JaeKM.

Thanks!
Janice

Juliepie 03-20-18 12:57 PM

I just signed up...my membership is currently pending. :)

TinaT 03-20-18 01:01 PM

I for one, don't mind it. I'm considering taking a very long break from FB, once my daughter's wedding is done. (this saturday). I don't use it for much of anything other that VF Roost and Cupboard and a few close friends.

So I'm good either way. I was a part of the Yaya groups years ago, so I'm probably a bit nostalgic about reviving a newer version of it.

ETA: Wherever it ends up, I'll be there. So my vote is neutral.

Joni O 03-20-18 01:05 PM

I like seeing VF Roost posts pop up on FB with the rest of my notifications; whereas, I’d need to make an effort to check another location if it’s moved. That said, you’re sure to get much more activity by allowing non-FB VFers access that you’d lose by me not using it. :D

Having someone create a FB account (and using it just for VF Roost) is probably comparable to having we FB people look in a different location for it. I’m not discounting people’s aversion to having a FB account, but creating one, making it totally private and using it just for VF Roost is a really simple thing to do.

And after that long diatribe, I rarely use VF Roost so I probably shouldn’t have even commented.

rhbrand 03-20-18 01:20 PM

UG! Tapatalk is a crappy site. Why did it have to be Tapatalk.

It was a disaster when Tapatalk took over, forced boards to make the move, most without notice. One board lost about 75% of the members and most never came back. That board is basically dead now.

Another, it says you have new posts but you can't see them unless you do a funky thing adding extra work to see the posts. So of course members are leaving that board too.

I might have been happier about this had it been any other site other than Tapatalk. Its not well run, and the help section is full of complaints of how bad the site overall is.

sherry7899 03-20-18 01:48 PM

I am worried about viruses and would prefer it to stay on Facebook.

Patti S. 03-20-18 01:50 PM

Well, I don't have FB so I signed up, lol. Under PattiS because I don't get to use a space!

Thanks Sherri!

Pam61 03-20-18 01:59 PM

I would prefer VF Roost remain at Facebook.

I remember the yaya's site, but there were many problems...ads and viruses to name a few. If tapatalk has these (as well as other issues) I'm not interested in joining.

frogribbit 03-20-18 02:27 PM

I would prefer Facebook too just because I had so much trouble with the YaYa site (Yuku) that I finally just quit trying to access it.

jusca 03-20-18 02:41 PM

I wouldn't use the Tapatalk forum much, if at all. I have.a FB account just to access groups. I don't like FB for personal usage. I only like FB for groups since it centralizes one login to access many groups. I have enough separate websites to check daiily, I won't add another to the list.

I also dislike the Tapatalk app layout & functionality so my opinion of a forum on their platform is already low.

Pratima 03-20-18 03:07 PM

Yeah, I'm with the "I'm already on FB so keep it there" group. I realize not everyone wants to be but you could also have someone from here post on FB for you if you want.

yogapam 03-20-18 03:10 PM

Sounds like the majority want FB, so not worth it?

sbh 03-20-18 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2765228)
Sounds like the majority want FB, so not worth it?

I think for those of us who don't like FB, we can still use Tapatalk VF Roost. I am leaning towards deleting FB from my life. So those who want to go to Tapatalk can and those who want to stay at FB can.

BTW, yogapam, I made you a moderator. I hope you stay.

Jennifer P. 03-20-18 03:36 PM

I don't do facebook, so I like the idea of tapatalk. I have submitted my registration & it's pending approval. Same username as VF. Thanks! The store I work for is going out of business, so I would like to sell some stuff.

katalina 03-20-18 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monterey vidiot (Post 2765198)
The yayas forum always had a virus problem. I guess I'm in the minority on this -- I would prefer to have it remain on Facebook. Why inconvenience the current members?

I, too, would prefer it remain on Facebook. Thankfully, my antivirus caught the issues with YaYas that arose for me - but I stopped visiting YaYas.

IceQueen07 03-20-18 03:56 PM

I registered and then tried to login but it doesn't let me.

pollytc 03-20-18 04:00 PM

I don’t care for tapatalk so would not use it. I’m an avid Facebook user though.

rhbrand 03-20-18 04:03 PM

Had the question actually been asked and then they WAITED for people to answer, I could have given about 3 better board recommendations other than Tapatalk.

Seems like it was a case of "I'm gonna ask but I don't care about your opinion cause I'm gonna do it anyway"

carly 03-20-18 04:37 PM

I would prefer VF Roost remain at Facebook.

Erica H. 03-20-18 04:50 PM

I also prefer FB for a number of reasons.

Erica

amatoo 03-20-18 04:58 PM

Prefer for it to remain on Facebook. Even when yuku went to taptalk I still had so many problems with my computers when trying to access the groups. Then all the ads annoying.. Facebook gets my vote!

kristiep 03-20-18 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh (Post 2765171)
How would all of you members feel about moving The Roost from Facebook to Tapatalk? The yuku board where the Yaya's use to reside was taken over by Tapatalk. I have designed a VF Roost there to see what it would look like. Moving The Roost there would enable non Facebook VF'ers access to The Roost.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/forum-f2/

What do you think?

I'll give it a try. I've registered as kristiep and now waiting to be approved.

sbh 03-20-18 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhbrand (Post 2765242)
Had the question actually been asked and then they WAITED for people to answer, I could have given about 3 better board recommendations other than Tapatalk.

Seems like it was a case of "I'm gonna ask but I don't care about your opinion cause I'm gonna do it anyway"

I asked the question and I set it up on Talkatap just so we could all see how it feels. Nobody has to join. The Facebook Roost will still remain. You could have just given your recommendations without the "Seems like it was a case of "I'm gonna ask but I don't care about your opinion cause I'm gonna do it anyway". That was not my intention and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. There are hundreds of ways of disagreeing that are polite and considerate. That is one of social media's aspects that I don't like. People read their own emotions into someone's statements.

yogapam 03-20-18 05:10 PM

I got an email saying I had a message on tapatalk but I can't login using the name & password I entered when I signed up. :confused: