Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross-Trainers DECEMBER 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229933)

Usia 12-02-20 09:22 AM

Pilates Cross-Trainers DECEMBER 2020

Good morning!

Ellen's Burn & Firm Pilates - 45min.
JS 10 Minute Power Walk off her Quick 10 Min Walks DVD.

I really wanted to do one of Fabulous 50s youtube workouts but I just wasn't in a mood for an ad popping in in the middle of the workout. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't but I didn't feel like an interruption in the middle of the workout.

Donna, don't know the nature of your negotiations regarding a purchase of the horse for your daughter, but go with your gut feeling. You'll be better off in the long run.

Gotta run to the office this morning. Wishing everyone a good day!

fanofladyvols 12-02-20 11:25 AM

Dana thanks for starting us off. I'm eyeing an Ellen myself instead of my proposed workout. I remember enjoying that Crunch workout....nice choice!

Carol your post in JTW made me laugh. I had to force myself to do something formal. I'm tired or something. So I totally understand. Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!!

Donna I really feel you and your daughter should pray about this purchase together. That's a big responsibility and commitment and you need to feel totally at peace with such a huge decision. I hope you get that peace...one way or the other.

Waves to Brenda, Cheri, and Christine!

Usia 12-02-20 06:10 PM

Why am I looking at subscription to Barre3? I subscribed few years ago and while I liked it OK, I didn't renew for some reason. I know I can't do any moves standing on my toes (Morton's Neuroma in right foot) but I wonder if I can still benefit if I do all the same moves with both feet flat on the floor? I'm currently down to only 1 paid subscription (DoYouYoga) and I'm thinking of trying Jessica Valant Pilates for a few months next year.

I like the large range of motion moves that Barre3 uses. What to do......any advice?

txhsmom 12-02-20 09:27 PM

Back on track. Today's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Upper Body & Core Circuit - 31 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Empower & Thrive - 12 minutes

I've done Suzanne's workout before - in fact, it was structured very similarly to a lower body workout I did last week. This upper body one was a little more challenging for me today than last week's workout was. I can tell it's been a long time since I have pushed myself with Suzanne's workouts. And back to Pilates Nest - it's a good fit for me, not too hard or boring, with a monthly calendar of short workouts.

Dana - I would say Barre3 is more athletic and less barre than most other barre workouts. That could translate into less time on the toes. And they do encourage modifications - that's a real positive thing about Barre3. The last time I did their streaming it seemed like they had moved away from their earlier workouts - ones like the DVDs - and had moved to more cardio like barre, at least that's how the 30 minute workouts were. Some people welcomed that change, but I didn't like it as much as their earlier stuff. Lots of sumo squats in the new stuff.

Linda - I like all of Ellen's Crunch workouts. Thanks for the Congrats - for what's it worth, my scale says my body fat % has dropped like 7 or 8 percent, so I'm definitely less fluffy than I used to be. Not sure if the scale measurement is right, but I'll take it.

I'm really tired too. Our teachers are tired - we've got staff out with CoVid and are having a hard time finding subs - it's the pits. Then we have folks making stupid Thanksgiving choices and finding themselves quarantined - and we have to find subs for them - irritating. We've just got to hang on a few more months people!

Donna - Sorry the horse negotiations are not going well! I know you will hate for your daughter to be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

Well, the dryer repair guy is coming in the morning for the third time. I think he's going to tell me that the dryer really isn't fixable. Sigh.

Carol

Usia 12-02-20 09:48 PM

Carol, thank you about info on recent Barre3 workouts. Athletic works for me! I can feel myself caving. I want something different. Didn't you have some other issues with your dryer recently? Ugh, I hate when repairs are looming and to call someone is always so expensive. Good luck with it!

Donna, I hope things work out for you with horse negotiations.

Hi Linda!

Cheers to all!

txhsmom 12-03-20 06:35 AM

This appears to be the third time we've had the same problem with the dryer, all in about a 6 week time frame. We attributed it to a burned out fuse, and then to a clogged up vent causing the fuse to burn out, but this time I think it's really a deeper issue. The fuse has been replaced twice; the chimney sweeps cleaned the vent. It's probably been that underlying issue all along. We'll see.

Carol

donnamp 12-03-20 10:35 AM

Hi Everyone,

I got off to a late start today and then had to jump into a meeting for work. Ugh.

Yesterday I went out for a short walk and it definitely helped to get some perspective and sunshine. I even solved a work problem while walking! I plan to get out again today - even if it is chilly it is good to see some sunshine particularly with working from home and not getting out much at all.

On the horse front - well, it is what it is. What makes it difficult is my daughter is very attached to him, having been leasing him for 4 years. It would be a lot easier to walk away if he wasn't such an important part of her life. If we can't come to an agreement, she can continue to lease him the question is, if she goes away to college, she would not be able to do that since she wouldn't be around to ride him. He really is an emotional support animal for her as she has had a miserable time in H.S. and during the pandemic - but as I tell myself and tell her - we will all survive no matter what happens. But, I think for teens/young adults, they don't have that perspective that only comes with age.

Anyway....my workouts....

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 3 - 10 min Cardio workout and I added on a 10 min HIIT. Her stuff reminds me of Pahla B's to an extent - she moves a little more quickly and doesn't chat as much but there are some similarities in terms of the types of exercises she does.

Blessful Body - Hip Balancing Relief - this was a nice routine for strengthening and stretching the hips.

Thank you all for the horse thoughts, LOL!

Carol - darn, you have tempted me w/ B3....ugh. I hate to spend the $100+ if I'm not going to use it though.....I also enjoyed my Pilates Nest mini-challenge. That is a tough situation at school for sure. Our district is still talking about hybrid learning for the second semester, but cases keep rising here and I don't think that is going to improve, particularly after the holidays. I think we will have an option to keep our kids home if we want - and since my daughter has hated every minute of high school that is probably what she is going to want to do.

Dana - I always love an Ellen day.

Linda - hope you are feeling a bit perkier today.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna

Brenda in WA 12-03-20 02:24 PM

Still doing lots of step! :)

Donna, that sounds like a big decision!

fanofladyvols 12-03-20 07:53 PM

Hi Dana! Did you give in to the B3 bargain?
I'm thinking to replicate the variety I have in my DVDs/VHS collection, I'd have to have upwards of 4-5 subscriptions.

Brenda, you step queen! Good to hear from you.

Carol and Donna I think I was just feeling weary. I do feel better today though.

Today was an elliptical interval run, FPR Knee program phase 1 and Jill Miller Yoga link Shoulder extras.

Friday is TOMORROW folks!! :music:

txhsmom 12-03-20 09:00 PM

Thursday's workouts were:

Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Standing & Mat Lower Body - 24 minutes & Christmas Thigh & Seat Target - 7 minutes

Another couple of workouts that were new to me. Very Suzanne like though. Looking forward to opening my Door Barre Christmas present and using it!

I paid to have the dryer fixed. The heating element had failed - which is a logical issue given the clogged up vent and fuses burning out. It's a crap shoot either way. The dryer is getting up there in age, but I don't really want to spend the $$ for a new one right now. Hopefully I made the right decision.

Donna - Sorry! I wasn't meaning to tempt you. I find the Barre3 cardio segments really boring and keep wondering if they will ever end. I loved their stuff before they went more cardio on me. Now I find it pretty blah. I think the research is pretty clear that in person school, at least for younger students - I'd say up to middle school - is actually pretty safe. High school seems to be a little more risky. Sorry your daughter is having a miserable experience. I will keep y'all in my prayers.

Linda - Glad you are perkier today.

Waves to the step queen Brenda and Dana.

Carol

donnamp 12-04-20 09:16 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far has been:

Pahla B - 20 Min Weight Loss Low Impact Cardio - this was probably filmed just as Pahla was turning the corner and focusing more on moderate workouts. Just guessing by the date of the video and her chat throughout. it is funny how I miss seeing her after a few days! Lucy's workouts are somewhat similar, but her chattiness during the video is not as personal - if that makes sense. Both instructors can definitely be muted and you could add your own music or something else to listen to since they are pretty easy to follow.

Blessful Body - Pilates for Hard Days this was a restorative practice - a little Pilates, a little yoga....

Glad it is Friday!

Thanks, Carol! If it wasn't her senior year, I'd be more interested in her going to school in person - but it is her last year and she has done half of it so far, virtually. I suspect that our schools will not be going to the hybrid model anyway, given the rising case counts. It may be possible for them to go in the spring. But at that point, it will be almost over for my DD. The things she has missed out on are science labs and being part of theater. If they could go in for science labs, I'd be good with that, and I think she would, too.

Linda - glad you are feeling better!!

Brenda - yes, a big decision - I just figure that a horse habit is better than some other habits college kids can get into!

Dana - fighting the B3 temptation, here...I told myself I wanted to focus more on You Tube and DVDs in 2021....we shall see though. Does the sale end today?

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!!

Donna

Usia 12-04-20 09:25 AM

Good morning!

No workout for me yet and I have to run to the office this morning. Maybe later.

Donna and Linda, I've decided against subscribing to Barre3. They have quite a few free workouts on youtube (with annoying ads :() and there is some sameness to them all. The sale ends on 12/7 but I'm safe from buying membership. Carol, you are right. There are a lot of squats and even though my knees are fine, I want to keep them that way. No need to tempt the fate. I'm hoping Jessica Valant offers some kind of discount on her membership for New Year. I'll jump on that.

Hi to Cheri, Brenda and Christine!

donnamp 12-05-20 08:12 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was Grace & Gusto - I was missing my Ellen workouts...

Dana - i think I'm going to pass as well, I enjoy variety too much to stick to just one format and I feel guilty if I pay for it and don't use it.

All that said, I think I may sub for a month to Walking Online Workouts- as I recall she has some nice ones w/ Holiday music and this year we need all the holiday cheer we can get...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

txhsmom 12-05-20 09:30 AM

Good morning ladies! No workout for me yesterday - when I got home from a long (but productive) day at work, my son had brought in all the Christmas boxes and the tree, and had started some of the Christmas decorating. A total surprise, but a welcome one! I hadn't planned on Christmas decorating last night, but figured I might as well go with the flow instead of exercising. I'll get back on track today. We still have some outside stuff to get done, but should be able to finish it up this weekend (as well as finish decorating the big tree).

Donna - Nice job! I remember you mentioning the Christmas-y walking workouts last year or maybe the year before. A lot of the SBF workouts on the Countdown to Christmas rotation that I am doing have Christmas music in them, which is nice.

Dana - You are right, there is a sameness to their workouts these days, at least that's how it seems to me. (And I don't like them as much as I used to, so that makes them boring to me.) I used to LOVE Barre3, but their workouts have changed.

They put up an outdoor tent for treating CoVid patients at the hospital yesterday. I understand that it is just for short term treatment (at this point), but still. In addition to our morgue trucks. Sigh...

Carol

Brenda in WA 12-05-20 09:55 PM

Jessica Smith's Core Control; 15 min. treadmill walking/reading

I actually did a DVD workout! Go me! LOL It felt really good.

txhsmom 12-06-20 08:46 AM

Yesterday's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Barre Hiit Circuit - 39 minutes & Children's Christmas Stretch - 9 minutes

The Barre Hiit Circuit was one of Suzanne's "green pants" workouts. Suzanne has this pair of neon green pants that she wears for tough workouts and she had them on for this workout, but it wasn't as bad as I feared. She does give lower intensity and lower impact modifications throughout her workouts, so there's always an easier option (or two) available - I took all of the lower impact/lower intensity modifications, except I did real mountain climbers, just slower. This workout was structured similarly to the other circuit type workouts on this rotation - strength moves, then cardio moves, then back to strength, etc. 60 seconds of each move all the way through the moves, and then back through with only 30 seconds of each. Another workout that was new to me.

The Children's Christmas Stretch was a short basic stretch with her daughter set to relaxing Christmas music.

I spent the rest of the day doing other stuff around the house - finishing indoor decorating, getting a tire fixed on my car - good thing I took it in, they had to replace it - watching my beloved OU Sooners play football, etc. We'll finish up our outdoor decorating today.

Yay Brenda! I'm eagerly awaiting whatever new DVDs Jessica releases, supposedly soon.

Waves to Donna, Dana, Linda and Cheri!

Carol

Usia 12-06-20 09:46 AM

Good morning!

Just finished HDM Cardio Series 2018 CT2a - 50min. This is a low impact, steady-state cardio and he uses light weights throughout. Music was good as it usually is in HDM's workouts. I couldn't decide what to do this morning and this fit the bill. I burned 340 cals. :D

I don't have any plans for today, so I'll just enjoy watching football and just relax.

Hi to Carol, Donna, Linda, Brenda, Cheri and Christine!

fanofladyvols 12-06-20 11:57 AM

Dana Good morning! I thought of you as I looked out at the cold, gray morning! I noticed your pic of Basil is missing in your avatar. I didn't recognize you without him :)

Carol that tent seems quite sobering! Sorry :(

Brenda lol at your actual dvd workout. I'm always impressed with people who can do paper workouts or workouts on their own. My pilates evening workouts that I do is about all I can manage on my own.

Donna good for you choosing the subscription that will uplift you and not make you feel forced to use.

I'm terribly busy getting things ready for Christmas and had a rest day unplanned and then only did Focus T25 Beta Core Cardio.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone :heart:

donnamp 12-06-20 04:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

Today's video workout was Ellen's Fusion Flow and then I did a long outdoor walk w/ my DD.

I may do some yoga later or something relaxing.....

I have fallen behind on LWR's Advent workouts, but may pick up some this week.

Faithful Workouts is also doing a free 12 days of Christmas w/ workouts (looks like her 10 min workouts), songs and prayers...so that may be a nice thing to look into, too.

Linda - good luck w/ Christmas preparations!!

Dana - I hope you had a nice and relaxing Sunday.

Carol - is the dryer fixed as well as the tire?? I hate when those unexpected things occur....good job on the decorations...

Brenda - nice workouts!! :)

I should try to read on my TM - I can read on my bike....

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Donna

txhsmom 12-07-20 07:20 AM

Good morning everyone! No formal exercise yesterday for me. It was a "30 minute walk" day on the SBF Countdown to Christmas rotation calendar, so I'm counting my outside Christmas decorating, flowerbed cleanout and leaf raking as my walk. I worked solid from about 1 to 5:30. I was so tired last night I could barely move. I think this is the earliest in years that we've had all our Christmas decorating done.

Donna - nice job! Yes, the guy came Thursday and fixed the dryer. The heating element had burned out. It was a gamble to fix it, because it was pretty pricey to fix. I'm hoping that I can get a few more years of use out of the dryer. If it breaks again soon, I may lose it. I saw Michelle's 12 Days of Christmas post. Wonder if you have to sign up for that to get the links to the workouts or you get them automatically if you are a streaming member.

Linda - the idea of a tent to treat people in is sobering, but this is such a town of anti-maskers! I guess they think they won't get it because they are young and (they think) healthy. We now have the highest hospitalization rate in the state - worse than El Paso, which has been getting all the news. Your comment about paper workouts was interesting - pilates is the absolute last thing I could possibly do on my own without a video to follow. My mind would not be engaged.

Dana - Nice job with HDM!

Carol

donnamp 12-07-20 08:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workout was:

Pahla B- Low Impact Power Walk Workout to Ease Menopause Moodiness - I wasn't feeling particularly moody today - other than it is Monday and I don't want to work, LOL! But, this was a nice routine, typical of Pahla's power walks....

Blessful Body - Energy Boosting Pilates

I am gong to squeeze in Lucy's Advent workout today....it is one of her 7 minute workouts - 7 moves in 7 minutes and I will work on catching up on the ones I missed over the past few days...

Carol - good job getting your decorations up! Being out and about in the chilly air made for a good sleep last night for me.

I hope everyone has a good day - Happy Monday.

Donna

Brenda in WA 12-08-20 02:30 AM

Yesterday (Sunday) I moved a bunch. I stepped while we watching the Seahawks and a movie, though that was VERY intermittent stepping. But I was standing up and moving for most of it.

I didn't do much today (Monday) other than get groceries and attempt to function on less than adequate sleep.

I saw the thread about Jessica Smith's new DVDs. I'm thinking I'll get the pilates one but not the stretching. I don't use the stretching DVDs I already own. And I'm hoping there is a walking workout as well though I'm not holding my breath. After a year like this and her being a relatively new mom, she's doing well with putting much out there on the market. Are any of you getting her new stuff?

txhsmom 12-08-20 06:35 AM

Monday's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong: Total Body Training - 30 minutes

This was a good way to start the week, short and sweet.

Brenda - I will definitely get whatever she puts out. Unless it's a puke 'til you drop workout, which I will pass. Like you, I'm hoping for something besides what we are seeing so far, but you're right, we will be lucky to get anything new this year. I was amazed that Cathe managed to get her Perfect 30 set filmed and released.

Donna nice work with Pahla. That's one I haven't done. I was never moody with menopause - lucky me!

Waves ~

Carol

donnamp 12-08-20 08:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I squeezed in Lucy's Advent workouts - Day 7 - a leg toning workout and Day 6- a 7 min walk and 4 min arm toner. Her stuff is nice to fit in during the day - I did the Day 7 workout at lunch and the Day 6 workout after work. It was a bit chilly yesterday, so I wasn't motivated to go out for a walk.

Today, so far has been:

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 8 - which was a cardio circuit

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 5 - Standing Abs

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge w/ Weights - this is new on her membership site and I enjoyed it - upped the intensity of some traditional Pilates exercises by using light weights. I think Jessica V. is my sweet spot for Pilates.

Brenda - nice job w/ moving around while watching TV - I tend to just sink into the couch whenever I read or watch TV.

Carol - Nice workout - Jessica is always a good choice.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Donna

fanofladyvols 12-08-20 10:06 AM

Donna that's great that you found Jessica V. Is your sweet spot for pilates. Maybe this year is taking its toll on me but I keep thinking I may only do short workouts or low intensity the rest of the year and scrap my intended rotation.

Carol wonder how hard it will be for Cathe to come out with another dvd series in 2021? She may be so stressed from this one that she won't be interested in doing one next year! I am also not needing any more intense.

Brenda yes, I'm intrigued by JS "easter egg " DVDs. I call them that because sillygirl hunted for them in JS amazon listings. The funny thing is there are JS releases I have on my Amazon wishlist that I could pick up if I wanted. Plus I have a couple of JS untried in my collection. Yet I keep reading about a possible new JS release..lol!! And I really really like stretchy DVDs.

Dana another gray day here...hope you're having one where you are!

Yesterday was Jill Miller Yogalink shoulder shape up. This is a dvd that is amazing but NOT for someone with little awareness of their body. This DVD is much more challenging than her Quickfix series. You could hurt yourself if you weren't constantly assessing how your body is responding to the movements and progressions. Not a beginner video for sure. She gives the pointers but you need to listen well. I will probably do it again today because I want to learn some of these moves and make them part of my upper body strength warmup.

Tuesday hugs to all!!

Brenda in WA 12-08-20 04:37 PM

The Firm Body Sculpt Blaster with Nancy Tucker

That Firm was a blast from the past (2002!) but I think it's the first time I've done it. I did the beginning of a couple of other untried Firm workouts before settling on that one. The first two I put in Goodwill while the Nancy Tucker one I think I'll keep. I also added several other Firm workouts to my Goodwill cabinet that I've never done before and which use gadgets I don't have or focus on cardio, which I've never loved from The Firm.

Linda, I have untried workouts from JS as well! But I'm always up for more. :confused: :D Easter Egg, indeed! She searched longer than I would have.

Usia 12-08-20 05:01 PM

Just stopped by to say hi! I've been very busy the past 2 days - with work and at home. Didn't do any formal workouts. All of a sudden I'm swamped at work and everything of course is needed immediately if not yesterday. The owner of the company (my buddy) must think I have more than 2 hands or that I have a clone. I'm not complaining because his business is doing very well and I'm happy to help him succeed. He's a good guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2901648)

Dana
another gray day here...hope you're having one where you are!

Linda, it's been overcast and cold here the past 3 days and I'm happy as can be! My kind of weather! :D

I will not be purchasing Jessica's new DVDs if she only releases yoga and stretch. I'm really hoping for some new workouts but if that's all there is, I have plenty of her other DVDs to keep me busy.

Who's ready for this year to be over? I am so done with 2020 that even though there is no guarantee that 2021 will be much better I am optimistic that it will be.

Waves to all!

Brenda in WA 12-08-20 05:09 PM

Dana, overcast and gloomy here as well, along with wet. I don't mind it at all. It's actually kinda cozy. And I hear you about Jessica's new stuff. I said I'll get her yoga/pilates workout but I'm undecided. I want to support her and this is how to best do that since she doesn't do a streaming service. But I do have plenty.

I just went through a bunch of old rotations of Jessica's and printed several off. Maybe that will inspire me to work on them. :cool: I definitely stay stronger when I'm following them. And doing some Firm stuff this morning makes me want to do Jessica S even more. I still like the Firm but doing JS workouts feels more like working out with friends rather than watching a formal production.

txhsmom 12-09-20 07:10 AM

Tuesday's exercise was just a

Walk - 30 minutes.

When I got home from getting my hair cut I was so angry my son decided we needed to get out and walk to blow off stream. Why was I angry? In the hair salon that I stupidly sat in for 45 minutes, not a single person (except me) was wearing a mask. I saw at least 6 employees in the front waiting area adjacent to where I was not wearing masks, and of course my hairdresser didn't wear one "because he can't get it". What???? Do they not know or care what is going on in our hospitals?

If I get sick, I will turn them in to the health department so fast it will make their heads spin. And I will NEVER go back regardless. I'm mad at myself for being so stupid as to stay in there and I'm angry at them for being so irresponsible. Maybe they think they are invincible, but I know I am not. What was I thinking to wait in there for so long???? Of course I know my hairdresser from church, he's cut my hair for years, and I didn't want to make a stink, but I AM DONE. Ugh, I'm angry all over again.

Brenda - I love Jessica's Calm and Strong rotation. I did it last spring and it hit the spot. I was never a big cardio fan and cardio from the Firm was only enjoyable for me if it was a small part of the workout.

Dana - I'm so done with 2020; I do think 2021 will be better.

Linda - I don't know about Cathe. I do wonder what she will do next. I'm sure she is planning something - it may or may not be suitable for me. Probably not.

Donna - Nice job Donna! At first I thought Jessica V's new workout on her site might be a longer version of her new YouTube video, 15 Minute Strength for Women Over 50, but I don't think it is. The YouTube video uses heavier weights.

Y'all keep your fingers crossed that I don't get sick...

Carol

Usia 12-09-20 09:30 AM

Wow, Carol! I would be furious too! That's inexcusable and irresponsible of your hairdresser and staff not to wear a mask to protect their clients. I hope you'll stay healthy.

I have to say that in Illinois and in my area, we take wearing masks seriously. I don't ever see anyone in the grocery stores I go to without a mask and most people observe social distancing. I've seen my hairdresser twice during this pandemic and he and everyone else (staff and clients) wear masks and they constantly sanitize the salon. Take care of yourself and I hope you're fine.

Hi to everyone! I hope to check in later.

donnamp 12-09-20 09:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance for the quick post - I'm running late as usual as I had to deal w/ a work emergency first thing...ugh.

So, today was:

Pahla B - 25 Min Total Body Workout -
Yoga w/ Adriene - Lower Back Love

I'm toying w/ a Pahla B/Yoga w/ Adriene rotation for January -doing both of their new January programs - Pahla is doing another weight loss series in January and Adriene is doing her traditional 30 days of yoga....I did like today's combo..so we shall see how it plays out in January!!

Carol - ugh, I don't blame you at all for being mad. As women we are repeatedly told not to make a scene, even if we are uncomfortable, plus, adding to the fact that you have a personal connection w/ the hairdresser just makes it more awkward. Sending prayers that you do not get sick - hopefully all will be well.

Brenda - those FIRMs are among my favorites of the "new" releases that came out after Anna and Cynthia Benson were less involved -

Dana - agreed, psychologically, switching over to 2021 will be an improvement. Fingers crossed 2021 is a better year for the world...

Linda - If you are feeling like you need to, certainly take it down a notch and do shorter workouts or less intense workouts, whatever works!

Oh well, mus run...

Donna

Brenda in WA 12-09-20 07:47 PM

Jessica Smith's 4 Mega Miles

I'm working on finishing up the February Fusion rotation.

Good workouts, ladies! :music:

txhsmom 12-10-20 07:01 AM

Wednesday's workouts were

Jessica Smith - 21 Day Walk On: Hiit Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Full Body Stretch

Hmmm. I found Jessica's Hiit Walk somewhat challenging and normally I don't find it very challenging. Obviously I'm not doing enough cardio. While adding on Jessica's stretch I realized I was sore, I guess from Monday's weight work.

I broke up with my hairdresser. He was either totally oblivious or just acted that way. "I never realized..." Duh, it's the law, wear your mask. How about noticing that your customer has a mask on? That might be your first clue. "Who else didn't have their mask on?" Uh, everyone in there. Etc., etc., etc. I'm still DONE. At least I didn't break up with him on twitter or via Facebook.

Dana - In the western part of Texas, I would say that mask wearing is not taken seriously by most. I started wearing a mask fairly early on, and I was often the only person who had one on (except for the Asian folks I might encounter at the store or store employees, sometimes). I've been blessed to work where we required them early on, and we enforced that, much to many people's irritation. I'm thankful our Governor, although he hasn't done much after the initial round of shutdowns, at least issued a mask mandate in early July. A toothless, unenforceable one, but at least there is one.

Folks out here think they won't get it, or if they do get it, they think it will be just another virus. Much like folks thought about smoking and lung cancer, mandating seat belt usage, or even worse, drinking and driving. For the longest time, I hate to say, Texans (especially males) felt like it was their right to drink beer and drive their cars - "they weren't hurting anyone". When the State lowered the legal limit blood alcohol levels to .08 from whatever it was, folks were annoyed. The bottom line out here - folks don't want the Government (or anyone else) telling them what to do. Independence is good, but we have independence on steroids.

Donna - Nice job with your workouts - that sounds like a good combo for 2021. I think I'll do Pahla's new WLC for sure. I had some time last night while making a birthday cake for DS and listened to Pahla's Wednesday Q & A to get my Pahla fix. Thinking of cancelling SBF and Pilates Nest for now. I need to save some $$.

Brenda - I liked Jessica's February Fusion rotation. I loved her Strong & Calm rotation.

Waves to all ~

Carol

Usia 12-10-20 08:37 AM

Good morning!

JS 6 Mile Mix Up - 50min. I did WU, Steady Burn, UB Sculpt and Interval Cardio Abs and CD.

I'm struggling nowadays with my workouts. I'm not very motivated and probably because of it, I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do each day. Lately, the result has been that I end up doing nothing. I'm just feeling tired.

Carol, I hear you that most people don't want to be told what to do (myself included) but sometimes it's not all about me, me, me. We have to look at the big picture. If we all made some sacrifices, maybe this pandemic would have been over long ago. I guess this is why I'm feeling tired and discouraged. This endless doom and gloom is dragging me down and it's making me feel pessimistic.

I have to run to the office today. I'll check back later.

Waves to all!

txhsmom 12-10-20 08:45 AM

Dana, I agree. By nature we humans are not self-sacrificing and I agree that's gotten worse in the last 50 years or so. But there is hope - it's not going to be this way forever. I think things will be much better by the summer.

Carol

Brenda in WA 12-10-20 08:04 PM

Most of Jessica Smith's Barre Sculpt; stepping

Carol, thanks for the reminder about the Calm & Strong rotation. I printed that one out to do next. It'll be good to have that going as I go into January, which might be the busiest one of my life. Getting homeschooling going again for 2 boys including attending weekly co-op 75 min. away; church bookkeeping's busiest month (donation reports, anyone?); 10 college credits starting; and taking on a 4 hour a month job doing bank reconciliations for a company. And Covid weirdness still happening. It should be fine but.... breathe... just breathe...

txhsmom 12-11-20 06:55 AM

Thursday's workout was

Pahla B - Age Defying Workout (Walking with dumbbells) - 27 minutes

This is Pahla's "birthday" workout - using her favorite workout format, 30 seconds of walking and 30 seconds of cardio moves with dumbbells. It wasn't too strenuous - Pahla talked about aging and a positive way to approach aging. Good workout. She is 51.

Brenda - Oh my, you are going to be one busy lady! Those are all things I enjoy doing though - well, all but the CoVid craziness part. I loved homeschooling back when we did it, but we didn't have to drive far for our co-op - we only did a biology co-op using the local junior college's lab and lab assistant that we paid. Back when I homeschooled, co-ops weren't common - heck, homeschooling was just barely legal in Texas. Actually that's an exaggeration - homeschooling became legal in Texas in 1994, after a Texas Supreme Court decision. We started in roughly 1999.

Waves to Donna and Dana.

Carol

donnamp 12-11-20 08:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday, so I will catch up:

Thursday:

Pahla B - 25 Min Walk & Tone
Yoga w/ Adriene - Upper Body Love
LWR - Advent Challenge Day 10 which was a 7 min "HIIT"

Friday, so far:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio & Strength for Women over 50
Jessica Smith - Fusion Fix - 15 min workout

I am going to attempt to squeeze LWR's workout in today, as well. I'm planning to leave work early but we shall see how that goes. I may also go w/ my DD to the barn....

I have done mostly Pahla workouts this week and interestingly I do feel some soreness - it is interesting b/c each individual workout does not seem like it is doing anything, but taken cumulatively, I definitely feel a difference.

Brenda - that sounds like a very busy time for you - but it all sounds like good things.

Dana - I agree about this whole situation - and people needing to see the bigger picture of how their individual actions affect the whole. It is sad to see how selfish people can be, honestly. At least, around here, people are pretty compliant - even if they don't agree - they still follow the rules.

Carol - I'm glad your broke up w/ your hairdresser. I have been listening to Pahla's chat this week in bits and pieces.

I'm thinking about doing some sort of Jessica Smith rotation through the end of the year. Excited about her new DVDs and hopeful for more to come! I also don't want to burn out on YwA or Pahla b/c I think my January rotation will be following their workouts for the month. I looked at Jessica's pre-planned rotations, but I'm thinking I may just do my own thing w/ her DVDs - particularly the ones w/ outdoor scenery. I'm sort of thinking of starting w/ some of her older ones - and working forward....or maybe not even getting that restrictive - maybe just following a template of cardio - strength - fusion - yoga.....or something of that nature.

decisions, decisions...

Happy Friday -

Donna

txhsmom 12-11-20 09:05 PM

Hi ladies ~

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - Total Body Strength Training for Beginners and Beyond - 24 minutes & Standing Cool Down - 5 minutes

This was an older workout from Pahla - she actually counted reps, no gym boss timer at all. I used 5 lb dumbbells - for the most part - and found this one tough at times.

Donna - Nice job! Pahla definitely talks about the cumulative effect of her workouts. Yes, goodbye hairdresser!

Waves ~

Carol

donnamp 12-12-20 09:17 AM

Hi!

Yesterday I did add on Lucy's Day 11 workout which was supposed to be 20 min cardio (walking/jogging)/Tone but ended up being a bit longer. It was a good one though - one min of walking or jogging followed by one minute of a body weight toning exercise.

Today, so far, has been Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - 30 min program.

I am supposed to walk later w/ my DD... so that will be my cardio for today.

So...I think my rotation for the rest of the month will be a Jessica Smith/Jessica Valent rotation.

JV has a template she follows every week:

Sunday - Rest/Active Rest
Monday - Steady State Cardio
Tuesday - Upper Body & More
Wed - HIIT
Thurs - Active Rest
Friday - Legs & More
Saturday - Steady State Cardio

I think I will use this template and fill in w/ Jessica S's workouts and Jessica V's workouts....and then for the new year I'll probably do Pahla's Weigh Loss challenge as well as 30 days of Yoga w/ Adriene.

Carol - i watched a little bit of Pahla's strength workout and I may squeeze it in later or tomorrow or sometime. I'd like to workout w/ Pahla before I "met" her, LOL!

I did pre-order Jessica's newest.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna