Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rave Ballerobica (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=143738)

sbh 01-20-10 01:15 PM

Ballerobica

I just received this workout and I have to say, I really like it. All traditional ballet, no fusion or barre equipment. The scenery is outdoors at the edge of the ocean surf. The music is very bland, but I only noticed it at the very beginning of the workout. I forgot all about it as the workout progressed. It also is chaptered and you can add or omit the tutorials before it section. It is also dvd-r, but that doesn't bother me. The instructor's name is Lisa Juliet. I've been searching for an all ballet workout and this fits the bill. :music:

www.ballerobica.com

Lucky Star 01-20-10 01:48 PM

Sherri, this looks really good! Thanks for sharing your info with us. :)

DejaDeb 01-20-10 02:05 PM

It does look good - it would be nice if you could order the DVD without the download :(

sherry7899 01-20-10 02:07 PM

Deb, do you have to get the download? I can't tell.....and I shouldn't be looking, either :D

I think Surfergirl had posted about these workouts a few months ago.

Sherry

DejaDeb 01-20-10 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 1485714)
Deb, do you have to get the download? I can't tell.....and I shouldn't be looking, either :D

I think Surfergirl had posted about these workouts a few months ago.

Sherry

I'll look again (although I shouldn't be looking, either! ;)) but I initially saw just two purchase options: (1) the download, or (2) the DVD + download. :(

I searched and found SurferGirl's thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=140056

sbh 01-20-10 02:31 PM

I tried searching VF for Ballerobica and came back with zero results. :confused: I see sufergirls thread had the whole web address and that's probably why I didn't get any search results. I really wanted to know what VF'ers were saying about the workout before I bought it.

I purchased my set off of Yaya's, so I can't give any insight to ordering from their website. I have the Ballerobica Main DVD and Ballerobica Express Workout & Target Zones.

daisysunshine 01-20-10 02:53 PM

You know what i never get - lol all these people now putting things for ipod and stuff. i am always thinking where am I going to go, where I would need this for ipod! LOL
[then i'm like yes - people travel. DUH]

DejaDeb 01-21-10 03:11 PM

Okay - I caved! :-)

I contacted the Ballerobica website and received a very nice e-mail from Lisa Juliet. I didn't have to order the downloads after all ... but I went ahead and ordered the diamond package (3 DVD's) with a discount coupon that Lisa provided me with. Lisa was also very helpful in describing the differences between the workouts and how they fit with my own personal workout goals (I'm supposed to have goals? :p)

I can't wait to get these workouts! :love:

3aday 01-21-10 04:52 PM

I have the Ballerobica DVD.
I love it! No dread factor and by the time she gets to low impact cardio... I am ready to go and really get into it!
I also have her ballet barre workout because my mom has Parkinson's and I make her do it for balance training.

cfgcanada 01-22-10 12:56 AM

Her customer service is excellent! I had ordered this a while back and when I didn't hear anything after several weeks, I wrote to ask when it had been mailed. Since there had been some glitch with my order, Lisa sent me a personal 50% off coupon to reorder. I thought that was very nice, and certainly encouraged me to reorder.

It's a good, very serious, full body workout. The scenery is nice. It's done voiceover for people who are bothered by that, also, as mentioned it is on DVD-r. The options on the menu are to do it with the tutorials that precede each section (making the total length 72 minutes), or to do the workout with either just music, or instruction and music (about 54 minutes). It is also chaptered by section (I think there's 7 or 8 sections and a stretch).