Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gadget Flashback: Slanted Step Risers (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228284)

deineira 04-05-20 08:11 PM

I definitely have these and I use them, mostly with Cathe upper body workouts, but also with the rare paper workouts I do now and again.

Loriann 04-05-20 10:47 PM

I gave mine to Goodwill a couple years ago along with the DVD during a declutter Phase. I hope someone was happy to find them.

I found that I could do incline moves on my stability ball and I didn’t use the slanted step workout more than a couple times. I don’t miss them.....now my Bosu, that I miss. Stupid decluttering phases.....

Lori

fanofladyvols 04-06-20 09:57 PM

I am glad you posted a pic because I initially thought you were talking about the freestyle risers that they sell to incline the regular step bench using the original risers for additional height. I use mine all the time.

I have never seen these slant risers. Pretty cool though!

Taramisu 04-10-20 05:01 AM

I bought these I think in 2011. I haven't used them much, right now they are in the garage. I bought them mainly for lunge type moves and as a replacement for when I unloaded my Transfirmer when I last moved. I have gone back and forth on just getting rid of them but so far they are still here.

The DVD is long gone though, I think I maybe tried it once.

Evie292 04-10-20 07:15 AM

Yes, I've got them and the dvd. I tried to do the dvd once, unfortunately, it was after doing Cathe vids and didn't care for the style or the 'basicness' of the instructional video. I was already past that point with it. Mostly use it for Cathe upper body now. Cleaned them yesterday . . . :-)

AsSweetAsSugar 04-09-22 11:14 PM

Old Thread Alert!

Do these have been discontinued? I have been trying to find a pair with not luck at all :( I am kicking myself for not buying a pair when I got my step in 2015.

adawn 04-10-22 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar (Post 2961510)
Old Thread Alert!

Do these have been discontinued? I have been trying to find a pair with not luck at all :( I am kicking myself for not buying a pair when I got my step in 2015.

I got a pair on closeout in 2013 from wayfair. I actually don't see how they made much of a profit as they were somewhat bulky to ship and I paid only $23.98 for them including shipping!

If it makes you feel any better, the freestyle risers are perhaps in some ways more versatile? I haven't been using either lately but I have several posts in this thread comparing slanted vs. freestyle risers:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230974

AsSweetAsSugar 04-10-22 12:33 AM

Adawn, I read all your post about comparing the two yesterday! It was so helpful! I like the "fit" of the slanted risers better than the freestyle, I also don't like that with the freestyle the other end of the step goes directly on the floor. That being said, if I can't not find the slanted risers, I might end getting the freestyle, amazon.ca is finally carrying them. But, I am still hoping I will find the slanted risers somewhere!

ETA: You got a sweet deal btw!

Jane P. 04-10-22 10:14 AM

I have a Reebok step that I have been able to set up in a slanted manner. It works pretty well most of the time, and I haven't had to buy anything extra. However if you already have the club step, you probably would prefer to stay with the same company.

mimikz 04-10-22 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar (Post 2961510)
Old Thread Alert!

I bought mine almost exactly a year ago from thestep.com for $25. I just checked and they're $27 for a 2-pack. Not sure about shipping though. It was 'free' when I got them.

Mimi