Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How would you rank Lauren Brooks' DVDs from easiest to hardest? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226041)

Judith L 06-10-19 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytbody (Post 2825672)
Today i busted out my baby bell 4 pounder. it still comes in handy. Love her. I should give her a name.
:D

Nice. :)

Remember, all these dvds and the exercises are tools for us to make use of, and we should feel free to modify as we need or want. Mountain climbers can be done with your hands on the floor or on chair or even on a countertop and done as fast or as slow (getting a good stretch) as you want. Be creative!

bubbles76 06-10-19 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judith L (Post 2825673)
How important is the setting and scenery to you? I don't have these but viewing the excerpts it seemed to me, IIRC, that the settings of these two weren't as attractive as most of the others. When viewing the excerpts I like to enlarge the video and try to immerse myself in it to get a feeling for it.

I really do love the outdoors settings, but it's not a deal breaker if the workouts are good.

Taiga 06-10-19 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lannette (Post 2825557)
I’ve no interest in the playground because of the way it was rolled out. Discount it, then raise the price, then close access. That’s a fairly transparent membership grab others have used in the past. For me it’s a huge turn off......

Her shipping, which will soon be a moot point, is high but she ships lightening fast! I couldn’t believe how fast I got my order.

Ditto on the marketing for her playground. My guess is that it won't be closed long......not fond of games so gave it zero consideration :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2825585)
...Her shipping IS high. And the dvds took a week to arrive for me, so not quick. I also noticed she shipped media mail. She must handle the shipping in house, as shipping for my dvds was a little over $11 and what was actually posted on the envelope for media mail was $2.75.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan H (Post 2825587)
I've been playing with the shipping and it can be cheaper if you're wanting to order several to divide the order into two separate orders.

Bubbles: The choice of shipping speed is printed right next to the price during checkout . The eleven dollars you paid was either a 1st class or priority option so they did not honor their agreement with you. I chose priority mail and I still haven't received my second order so likely sent media mail as well (12 days and counting :() If it does show up media mail, I'll be asking for a partial refund of shipping fees. Her prices are exorbitant for even 1st class or priority and no way I'm paying that much for media mail. And dividing orders does not work unless they are days apart because they just combine them all in a media mail box.

I like Lauren's instruction well enough but have limited my past purchases in part because some of her actions have been off-putting/somewhat sketch. I feel more comfortable with instructors who are upfront/honest. I try to factor in that dealing with the public can change you but no excuse for not providing a paid service. As far as I am concerned, gouging on shipping then sending lower class violates the mini contract we make on the check out page. Lauren could use a few lessons from Amy Bento, Cathe etc. A little class goes a long way and being underhanded to save an extra buck can come back to haunt you. That's not the kind of person I want on the playground with me.....

PS--I have actually enjoyed SUAT for add-ons. Simple enough to really heavy up and just the right length. I like her better in the newer stuff than I did in her 1st 3 volumes. If only I don't feel too soured by the shipping games. Argh.

bubbles76 06-11-19 05:21 AM

Taiga let me know if you are successful with asking for a partial refund. Do you have her Luscious and Lean and Sexy Strength? Are they all that different from SUAT, Kettlebell Body, or Revelation?

Lannette 06-11-19 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiga (Post 2825729)
Ditto on the marketing for her playground. My guess is that it won't be closed long......not fond of games so gave it zero consideration :cool:l

Bubbles: The choice of shipping speed is printed right next to the price during checkout . The eleven dollars you paid was either a 1st class or priority option so they did not honor their agreement with you. I chose priority mail and I still haven't received my second order so likely sent media mail as well (12 days and counting :() If it does show up media mail, I'll be asking for a partial refund of shipping fees. Her prices are exorbitant for even 1st class or priority and no way I'm paying that much for media mail. And dividing orders does not work unless they are days apart because they just combine them all in a media mail box.

I like Lauren's instruction well enough but have limited my past purchases in part because some of her actions have been off-putting/somewhat sketch. I feel more comfortable with instructors who are upfront/honest. I try to factor in that dealing with the public can change you but no excuse for not providing a paid service. As far as I am concerned, gouging on shipping then sending lower class violates the mini contract we make on the check out page. Lauren could use a few lessons from Amy Bento, Cathe etc. A little class goes a long way and being underhanded to save an extra buck can come back to haunt you. That's not the kind of person I want on the playground with me.....

PS--I have actually enjoyed SUAT for add-ons. Simple enough to really heavy up and just the right length. I like her better in the newer stuff than I did in her 1st 3 volumes. If only I don't feel too soured by the shipping games. Argh.

Taiga,

The sentence I highlighted gave me a good laugh. :sun:

I’m sorry that your shipping was slow. I think mine was shipped first class or standard but it came as if it were shipped priority. That could have been the USPS moving it faster than it deserved to move but it was definitely posted and taken to the post office quickly. I hope you can get a postage refund. You too Bubbles.

I didn’t know much about Lauren before this sale, though a close friend had gifted me her first DVD. I rediscovered it when I thought I recognized her name. Game playing drives me crazy too. Knowing there have been other issues in the past makes me glad I got my DVDs without any ensuing drama.

tytbody, KK Body is the DVD I’ve used. I can see how it would be demanding if done with really heavy KBs but I’m looking to understand and deepen form to strengthen my back line without pulling my new found balance off. This DVD feels perfect for this and for that reason feels like a great DVD to learn from and grow with. I bet you’ll like it.

Taiga 06-11-19 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2825737)
....... Do you have her Luscious and Lean and Sexy Strength? Are they all that different from SUAT, Kettlebell Body, or Revelation?

L&L/SS (my 1st order) came within a week of ordering and on previewing I am happy to have them. However, I wouldn't have felt that way if I had paid full price. I like the pace and the fact that I can heavy up with these. I also appreciate the mobility exercises woven in between sections. But they do seem a touch repetitive and claustrophobic in comparison to the open set on SUAT. Like you, a boring background is not a deal breaker for me if a workout is solid and I will use them. There are 3 sections in each (aside from w/u and cool down) and they run from about 10-20 min each, with a total workout time of about 50min. I think 3-4 rounds per section and I will likely skip final rounds in each section to keep it less repetitive. I typically use heavier bells (35-44lbs) in these type of workouts so I can get a good workout in 2-3 rounds. I'll let you know about the other workouts/shipping if and when they arrive.

I think Lauren's instruction/focus has definitely improved since her intro work. I'm glad to have more variety in my KB workouts. I'm guessing Revelation will be a favorite as clips/reviews show a nice mix of my favorite moves and the set is open. I really don't want to let the shipping stuff be a negative cloud. Honestly, I'm in another rotation and don't mind the waiting time at all. I just feel irritated that they charge such high shipping rates and then still feel the need to gouge again by sending them at a lower class than stated at checkout.

tytbody 06-11-19 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judith L (Post 2825674)
Nice. :)

Remember, all these dvds and the exercises are tools for us to make use of, and we should feel free to modify as we need or want. Mountain climbers can be done with your hands on the floor or on chair or even on a countertop and done as fast or as slow (getting a good stretch) as you want. Be creative!

thank you for the info on how to modify that. I don't expect to ever get to that level of fitness, nor for doing Pushups on 2 kettlebells.

Being able to do that has to be gene related.

tytbody 06-11-19 08:46 AM

Lannette

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lannette (Post 2825745)
Taiga,

tytbody, KK Body is the DVD I’ve used. I can see how it would be demanding if done with really heavy KBs but I’m looking to understand and deepen form to strengthen my back line without pulling my new found balance off. This DVD feels perfect for this and for that reason feels like a great DVD to learn from and grow with. I bet you’ll like it.

does she make you stand there holding the bell while giving instructions or give instructions while doing the exercise?

Susan H 06-12-19 06:59 AM

Cheryl, if you are asking about The Kettlebell Body, she does not have you stand holding the bell while she gives instructions. During the demonstration section, she has the kettlebell on the floor and tells you where to place it for each exercise and talks you through as she does them. The demonstration section is very helpful.

tytbody 06-12-19 07:26 AM

Great, that’s exactly what I was asking. Thank you