Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Every Day in JULY: Half Way - Finish Strong! Newcomers welcome - as always. :D (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231313)

Helen 06-30-21 08:39 PM

Every Day in JULY: Half Way - Finish Strong! Newcomers welcome - as always. :D

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Rcbe3a362c...sl=&pid=ImgRawhttps://th.bing.com/th/id/Rd713ba6e0...sl=&pid=ImgRawhttps://th.bing.com/th?q=Finish+Stro...ate&t=1&mw=247

THEME: We're half-way through - finish STRONG!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

No matter how you've gone for the first half of the year - make yourself proud of how you finish!

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:
EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

Helen 07-01-21 06:03 AM

Thursday, the 1st of July
36min, CIA 9004 - Step 2 + Abs Mix, with Alice :love:
36min, YouTube - Naomi Joy - Low Impact HIIT Rebounder, with buddy
back-to-back

I definitely don't have the technique solid yet for the rebounder. Need to lift knees quickly to be able to switch feet (cross country) in time to the beat. If I wait until I bounce high enough, it's too slow. Need to practice my mogul-knees more. Feel like I'm in beginner-land on it still. And it's HARD WORK!

LiliMagill 07-01-21 10:41 AM

Thank you for another brilliant start to the month, Helen! We are halfway there!

7/1 - Cathe's MIS, the first half. I realized that I don't have to do the whole thing in one day, duh! It is quite repetitious, as Cathe can be, but very straightforward. And since I've been doing my own personal push-up challange, I was able to do the first set of 16 push-ups on my toes! The second set, I only made 4, but I'm definitely proud of that.
Hope to do some cardio later. Will edit if I do.

Helen 07-01-21 07:50 PM

LILI
Pride is DEFINITELY in order!!

It's NOT raining at last. :D DH has taken Alice out for a walk, but I'll take her for a run later. May be making a blouse for Bridget today, start it at least. She was wearing one I made years ago (in the 80s!!) and love it - the fabric, cut, fit... and I knew which pattern it was straight away. She's found some fabric, that I KNEW she'd like, and there's enough of it to do the job.

So my agenda today is:
layout that shirt for Bridget, pin/cut/start making
run with Alice
Cathe Chrono - 61min, Cross Train Express - Power Circuit, matched weight easily but planks were tough
MUST DO YOGA!! Yoga: 25min, Adriene - True - Day 01 Motive
back to pushups - thanks for the nudge Lili ;)
some weeding?
maybe a Jillian Michaels Body Revolution workout - they're short.

yeah - overly optimistic, as always... but if I don't aim high, I stay low.

Helen 07-03-21 07:54 AM

Saturday
Cathe chrono - Rhythmic Step, 6”

LiliMagill 07-03-21 10:24 AM

Helen - As much as I enjoy sewing, the laying out, pinning and cutting are always a chore for me. How nice that you had the fabric and are ready to go!

7/2 - dog walk, we are back to regular dog walks again, Baxter is healing nicely and pretty much back to regular energy level.
You Can Run Week 8, Day 1 - after a long warm-up, we had to run for 20 minutes, no jogging, with a few small inclines thrown in. I managed it all, but I did reduce my speed by .2 in order to do it. I'm fine with that!
10 Minute Post-Run Stretch w/ Selena.

Cleda 07-04-21 06:58 AM

Need my arrow

And so hard to believe it's already July 4th. Good grief!

Lili: I don't know about you, but I am so excited that ONLY ONE more required run and we can go on to some fun stuff. . . I'm tired of this program. (I think I was by week 1 or was it 2?) nods head. Next one is running 30 mins. straight (but the actual workout is 45 mins) and we're done, done, done. I am fine with speed reduction as well. Hey! we're moving. that's the important part.

Helen: Loved the line: ... but if I don't aim high, I stay low. -- so true (for all of us)! I'm not one to sew. Stopped long about 8th grade. And ZERO desire to go back to it.

Waves to all reading!!!

on to my favorite subject - (me, me, me in the event you've never read this check in before!) :D

7/1/2021: Adrian Williams 30 mins. Pride Total body weight training (using cloth bands for some of the leg stuff)

7/2/201: 45 mins. Power Zone Ride, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch both with Matt, 5 mins. Core with Jess Sims

7/3/2021: 30 mins. You can Run Week 8 run 1, with Matt, 90 minutes power zone endurance ride with matt (and challenge teammates), 5mins. Tina turner cool down ride with Ally, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch with matt, 10 mins. All For One (AFO) Arms with Ally (to tina tuurner music), 20 minutes AFO Core with Robin Arzon (Doja Cat?**), 10 minutes Yoga Flow for the hamstrings (yes! for the challenge).

** I know I'm ahem "More mature" when Peloton is having an "All For one" music fest weekend (3 days) and I know MAYBE 3 of the artists and one of them is only from doing Peloton workouts. :: sigh :: oh well, this keeps me in touch with the younger folks. (Much Like Walmart used to.)

So I'm here. Working my way through July. Lots on the docket today (short ones) but I must get a row in here. Along with some rides, strength etc. One more week of my ride challenge and then recess. 70 minutes more (By July 11th) and I earn the gold badge for strength this month. 1 more run and I'm free to do what i want. So recess will truly be recess. I do like the strength though, so may go back to the calendar (Hard Core On The FLoor) and loosely base it on that. Who knows? I can do all sorts of stuff.

I've been doing a lot of the leg exercises with the cloth bands and think I'll be ready when Cathe's arrive. Yippe!

Was at a mall this weekend and looked at both the Mirror and the Tonal. Interesting, but I'd never pay the $$ for one. I have all those videos. This is kinda like videos on steroids and I can see the appeal. Just not for me.

Off for today and tomorrow and I'm happy about that. Any time off is good! ;)

Make it a great day.
Cleda

Helen 07-04-21 08:12 PM

CLEDA
Sorry you've not been content with the running programme, but SUPER IMPRESSED that you've stuck with it for so long! You always DO stick with things though. That's your super-power!! :D
__ Music - I'd be with you on that front, of not knowing the artists. Been introducing Bridget to some favourites from 'my time' - Spotify is a great source - it's our kitchen/cooking thing.

LILI
I'm so chuffed that Baxter is BACK ! especially nice when I saw the news of Peanut only a few minutes ago.
__ RUN (not jogging?!) for 20 minutes? Nope, I don't think I could do it. :o

Ahhh - the sewing still hasn't happened. I've been letting Bridget do HER thing and have only suggested (every day) that we do it that day. She's been clothes shopping for a couple of days as she didn't have anything really suitable to wear to the flatmate's funeral. She's off to Sydney tonight to stay with a friend, the funeral is tomorrow & she'll be home late-ish tomorrow night. So I'm not going to mention it at all, and start AS SOON as she leaves. Should be able to get it made before she gets back home - a nice surprise to arrive to after a sad reason to be gone.

Sunday
Cathe Chrono - Slow & Heavy - Chest, Back, & Planks - Chest Addon
Only did the chest section as was interrupted by DH & Bridget coming home from that shopping, then making Pho for dinner - a slow make. ALSO, had used the same weights listed from last time (2014) and when I'd finished all the chest work, it hadn't been ANY kind of struggle (eg used 7kg = 15.4lb D-bells for chest presses) so will aim to repeat it tonight with everything stepped up a notch.

It's Monday - have had a week of total relaxation, almost no work done. This week needs to be productive or I'll feel like I've wasted the holidays.
No news yet about how we'll go back covid-wise.

LiliMagill 07-06-21 10:28 AM

7/3 - dog walk
Barre3 Cardio Focus w/ Lindsay
7/4 - 2.5 mile dog walk
Pahla B's Cardio
7/5 - You Can Run - final run!
5 Min. Post Run Stretch

Really glad the You Can Run is done! Also glad I stuck with it and finished. I made it through the full 30 minutes at the same pace as the 20 min. run, but kicked it up .1 at the 20 min. mark and another .1 at the 25 min. mark. My biggest problem is that the final run was just so boring! Without speed and incline changes, it is pretty monotonous. My take away is that I am doing better at landing on my mid foot and quicker strides. Now to take it outside and see how I do!

It's been a rough week sleep wise. Tally does not do well with thunder or fireworks and we have had one or the other every night! That means letting her into our bedroom, calming her down, then getting up and putting her out when DS gets home from work. The 4th of July is a rough time! If it were only 1 day it would be okay, but it goes on for days with people setting off fireworks.

I have been trying to come up with a plan for July, but nothing yet.

LiliMagill 07-06-21 03:54 PM

7/6 - dog walk
Margaret Richard's Good For You w/o 1
Day 1 Mini Moves - SanFran Fitness
1000 Steps w/ somebody Wilkinson on YT

I really liked the Mini Moves, and since it's only 5 minutes and it's a month long, I will add that in daily. Still working on a master plan.