Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   January 2020 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227583)

Diana3271 12-31-19 10:14 PM

January 2020 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

Diana3271 01-01-20 08:41 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy New Year!

This year I am hoping to find ways to get in more movement on my hectic days. It can be done, I just need to figure it out and do it.

Today will be busy for me. We are starting to take down the Christmas decorations at church today. I am hoping to get a walk in as well as all the movement I will get with the church project.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

seabliss 01-01-20 12:10 PM

Happy New Year!! May this year be peaceful and yet challenging in good, fulfilling ways, and may it be blessed with love and quality time with friends and/or family for all of us! May each of us also be an encouragement and friend to those around us.

This month I'm going to do the Blogilates 2020 Challenge, which is not big but just fun. Every day, we'll do 20 reps of an ab exercise and 20 of some other exercise. So it's an add-on to my normal workouts. It will be fun, though! Looking forward to eating cleaner and dropping the holiday bloat/feeling better.

I should be back later to check in!

Cheryl

monterey vidiot 01-01-20 03:12 PM

Happy New Year, everybody!

I'm so grateful for NYE contradances. I haven't missed one since 2011 (unless I go on a ski trip as I did last year). NYE 2010 was the last time I stayed home alone feeling sorry for myself.

That was my cardio yesterday, 8 to 11. I didn't make it to midnight, but I had a great time.

I got into a barre3 class off the waitlist, and went. It was easier than the Pure Barre warmup. It was a nice limbering stretch session but that's what I wanted today. Lynn, it was the same format as the barre3 class I took last April in Portland.

Cheryl, I hope your DH is either feeling better or is going to see a Dr.

Diana, thanks for starting our year!

Going to take a nap now.

luvcritters 01-01-20 04:26 PM

Happy New Year! I've been fighting a sore throat for a few days but it finally won along with the sniffles and watery eyes. In my case it could be allergies. I can never tell.

I did squats and lunges followed by footwork and legs in straps on the reformer. Then I did more for my calves. I got bored later so I worked shoulders and arms. I didn't use a video today because I didn't want someone telling me what to do. I'm only working my show muscles until after I see the man this weekend. In his case, they're all show muscles.:love:

Diana3271 01-01-20 06:00 PM

Hi Everyone!

Linda
My DH has been dealing with allergies, itchy eyes, etc.

I got a workout in!

Check-In: JS Tred and Shred w/5's and I met my step goal even before my workout while working at the church today

Have a Blessed evening!

luvcritters 01-01-20 06:13 PM

Diana - I'm not allergic to anything. I react to a changing barometer. I should pay more attention to the weatherman but I can predict rain or snow better than he can. It's going to rain tomorrow evening so I'll feel better once it starts. And worse when it stops. Allergy meds help some but aren't working as well as they used to. I changed meds this week but feels like I should change back to what I was taking.

Diana3271 01-01-20 09:11 PM

Linda I hope you feel better soon. {{hugs}}

Diana3271 01-02-20 08:12 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Back to work today.

Have a Blessed day!

monterey vidiot 01-02-20 01:12 PM

I took a selfie in my hotel after the NYE dance. http://forum.videofitness.com/album....pictureid=2024

Still recovering from the dance. I did Barre3 Studio Shape DVD. I'm not sure I ever did it before /c it's an hour. I may do parts of it in the future, it's well-chaptered. Better workout than yesterday's studio. I had to laugh at the UB weight work chapter: it was good, but only arms; Pure Barre warmup does the same moves plus back & chest.

seabliss 01-02-20 08:34 PM

Today I did a Fitness Blender lower body strength and cardio intervals workout as well as the Blogilates 20/20 challenge (today it was cobras and roll-ups). Yesterday I just did the challenge (squats and rope climb crunches).

Cynthia, I like the dress you wore to the contradance!

DH is pretty much better, but he still has some breathing issues. He's wondering if he's getting asthma or if it could be just allergies. Sounds like they are going around!

Cheryl

Diana3271 01-02-20 09:40 PM

Hi Everyone!

I couldn't workout during work today so I decided to brave the gym. My membership goes through my insurance company. Today I went to Planet Fitness. I have never gone there before. Everything was clean, but I didn't see anyone else cleaning the equipment after they used it. In fact, I felt like strange for cleaning it after I used it. Well, one other person cleaned the equipment after using it and it's was an older gentleman. I don't think I would be comfortable using the weight equipment at this time. I need to wait for the New Years Resolutions to thin out.

Cynthia Yes, great picture and really cute dress.

Check-In: 20 minute elliptical and 20 minutes on a machine that I will call a seated ski machine

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 01-03-20 08:10 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

monterey vidiot 01-03-20 02:03 PM

Dress rehearsal this evening, concert tomorrow. I'll be doing simple, stretchy things. Yes, Barre3 again. Back in a bit.

Did barre3 Ballet Boot Camp, 40 min including the bonus abs. Apparently there are no pushups in barre3. There was a brief plank in the studio. I think the free online Livestrong pushup challenge I did last year really improved my UB, and Pure Barre has pushups, a lot of them, in every warmup.

Diana3271 01-03-20 04:02 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: JS 15 Minute Standing Cardio Strength, 11 Minute Buns & Thighs Circuit Walk, 12 Minute Arms & Abs Circuit Walk, all workouts w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!

seabliss 01-03-20 07:36 PM

Diana, I did one of the same workouts as you did today!

Jessica: 12-Minute Arms and Abs Walk
Fitness Blender: Shoulders, Back, Chest and Arm Workout for Strong Toned Upper Body
The Blogilates 20/20 challenge: plies and V-ups

Have a great evening!

Cheryl

luvcritters 01-03-20 08:42 PM

I didn't do anything yesterday or today. Feeling under the weather. Hope to do something tomorrow.

Diana3271 01-03-20 09:58 PM

Cheryl I really like putting that combo together that I did today. I prefer to add on the 10 minute cardio when I have the time.

Diana3271 01-04-20 10:10 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I was able to sleep in this morning, it felt good. Sleep is good. :D

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

monterey vidiot 01-04-20 04:51 PM

Check-in: barre3 Barre Burner, 40 min. Last chapter has some interesting abwork.

Leaving soon for dinner and performance.

seabliss 01-04-20 07:35 PM

Checking in with four Blogilates workouts: Kickbutt Blaster, Legs Focus, Inner Thigh Isolations, and Side Butt Shaping, as well as a mile walk. My lower body was sufficiently fatigued after the workouts. I plan to do the two Blogilates 2020 exercises (parachuters and jackknives) this evening, as I will be in the carpeted bedroom instead of on hardwood, and I'll stretch as usual.

Haven't seen tytbody in a bit--hope she is ok!

Cynthia, I agree that pushups are very effective. And you should have great form after all, since you've had instructors speaking in your ear for years. That's how I feel about what we do. It's nice that others recognize your experience.

Diana, any news on the leasing of your property front?

Linda, hope you feel better! DD is sick in bed today. It seems like what DH had a week ago. She has a fever, chills, dizziness ... it's unusual for her to just want to rest in bed, and she has no appetite. So she's listening to a Laura Ingalls Wilder audio book for now. When she doesn't want to play video games at all, you know she's sick, lol.

Lynn, hope you're doing ok!

Cheryl

Diana3271 01-04-20 08:34 PM

Seabliss The agent was going to do some measuring before we left. He didn't realize that we were going out of town that Friday. I sent him a message that we could resume things when we got back. I didn't hear back from him on Thursday or Friday, as we were open for business. Actually, we should have remained closed as I think that's what a lot of people did. Anyways, I guess we will hear from him on Monday. It's funny because I was thinking what if there was someone actually interested and they backed out over the holiday. :eek: Who knows, but the Lord's will happen no matter what. Have you had any showings during the holiday? Keeping you in my prayers.

I am also missing Tytbody's posts.

Diana3271 01-04-20 08:35 PM

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia Enjoy the dinner

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 01-05-20 07:14 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Have a Blessed day!

Diana3271 01-05-20 05:22 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Gina Bauber 2000 steps in 20 minutes and 2000 steps in 20 minutes Latin Beats

Have a Blessed evening!

monterey vidiot 01-05-20 08:22 PM

Made pancakes this morning. The January pancake of the month is Biggest Loser Oatmeal, which I like a lot. Especially good w/ yogurt & berries.

Concert went well last night. Audience not large but enthusiastic. They donated $5K for a local homeless charity.

Check-in: barre3 ballet fit.

Diana3271 01-05-20 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monterey vidiot (Post 2854474)
Concert went well last night. Audience not large but enthusiastic. They donated $5K for a local homeless charity.

That's wonderful, Cynthia.

Diana3271 01-06-20 08:38 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Diana3271 01-06-20 03:15 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: KCM's Start Here w/5's minus floor work

Have a Blessed day!

monterey vidiot 01-06-20 04:37 PM

Check-in: Pure Barre studio class.

Nice to have concerts done for a few months.

Diana3271 01-07-20 08:06 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Have a Blessed day!

monterey vidiot 01-07-20 04:26 PM

PB studio had no noon class today. That's the time that works for me. So I stayed home & did barre3 Standing Slim. The glute section is actually worthwhile: it's like standing clams. Glad I have this one. When I was re-acquiring the barre3's a year or 2 ago when the barre3 website had them on sale, I almost didn't get Standing Slim b/c it was on youtube. I looked today and now it's not there.

seabliss 01-07-20 07:27 PM

Checking in with Jessica's 30-Minute Steady State Cardio. Yesterday I did Fitness Blender's Total Body Strength from the bored easily series and a mile walk.

Got my hair cut today for the first time since July. It needed it! Looks much better now.

DH is in a job interview right at this moment. A church outside of Winston Salem. We'll see! He's checking them out as much as them him. He's not even sure he wants another church job.

Cynthia, whenever you type PB, I think of peanut butter. Jessica has some of those standing clamshells in a couple of her workouts too. WTG making the right decision on that DVD. You never know what's going to happen on YouTube.

Diana, we had another showing the day before yesterday but no bite. They wanted another bathroom for the secondary bedrooms. We have 2.5 baths, and it says that in the listing. So they probably should have read the listing better before wasting everybody's time, lol.

Waving to Linda, Lynn, Cheryl 2, and Tracy!

Cheryl

Diana3271 01-07-20 08:30 PM

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 45 and 30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 01-08-20 08:07 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Have a Blessed day!

monterey vidiot 01-08-20 04:31 PM

Studio class at Pure Barre. Had my hair cut before class. I think I've finally got her trained not to make my bangs too short, although I'm still vigilant about it. Now it's a little bit longer, more short layered bob than pixie -- my ears are covered.

seabliss 01-08-20 08:10 PM

No workout--I needed a mental night off. I did walk a mile outdoors and will make 10K+ steps today all together.

DH thinks his interview went well, but he won't know anything for up to a couple of weeks. Also, we have another house showing tomorrow. We'll see what happens!

Hope you're all having a great week.

Diana3271 01-08-20 09:17 PM

Hi Everyone!

Seabliss
Wishing you the best on all the fronts.

Check-In: JS 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit walk w/5's and JS 1 Miles Lower Body Circuit Walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 01-09-20 08:28 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Have a Blessed day!

monterey vidiot 01-09-20 04:46 PM

Q: does anyone here do splits? one leg front, one leg back. I could do those very easily in high school, which was more than half a century ago LOL. The Pure Barre stretches include optional splits, or stay on one knee, the other leg straight out for hamstring stretch. To my surprise, not all the instructors can do splits. I keep trying, but I'm not even close.

Check-in: Pure Barre studio class. I received a compliment during abwork today. That was a first. I think there's enough abwork in the warmup, but there's a lot more later: 3 sets. Seat work is what I do best. My rear doesn't look anywhere near as good as any of the instructors', but my glute muscles are very strong.