Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jenny Ford downloads (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=223247)

Jennifer P. 05-24-18 09:41 AM

Jenny Ford downloads

I received an email from Jenny Ford about a March Across America set of walks available for download. Does anyone know if her download can be burned to a dvd-r?

yogapam 05-24-18 11:05 AM

I received the same email today too and I'm interested. I assume these workouts are aleady available on DVD? Does anyone have them? I curious about the music. I love Jenny but I find the music in a lot of her YouTube videos can be overpowering & unpleasant.

Boots 05-24-18 12:11 PM

No, the March Across America workouts aren’t available on dvd. I am hoping that they will be at some point, because she has already put out a dvd of her Step Across America workouts 1-5. I am not sure what her plans are regarding the release of the other ones, but I assume they will be on dvd sometime in the future.

Wanda 05-24-18 12:14 PM

Some of the March Across America workouts are available for free streaming if you have Amazon Prime. I've done a few and nothing about the music stands out as I remember, good or bad.

eta: Milwaukee, Chicago, and Malibu are the ones available on Prime. Two of them are only 12 minutes long, the other is 28.

yogapam 05-24-18 12:22 PM

Here's a YouTube clip:
https://youtu.be/Y_kvEfbxZpg

They look pretty good and the music is fine. I love workouts filmed outdoors. I also like downloads as shipping to Canada can be prohibitive and I can easily take them with me when I travel. I've been limiting my purchases this year, but might buy these as they are a great deal with the discount.

Jennifer P. 05-24-18 04:22 PM

Does anyone know if you can burn a dvd-r from Jenny's downloads? I can do that with Chris Freytag's Get Healthy U TV downloads, but I can't do it with the Purple Player downloads from Michelle Dozois. I can't even do screen mirroring or anything to get the Purple Player download to show up on my (smart) t.v.

yogapam 05-24-18 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer P. (Post 2775141)
Does anyone know if you can burn a dvd-r from Jenny's downloads? I can do that with Chris Freytag's Get Healthy U TV downloads, but I can't do it with the Purple Player downloads from Michelle Dozois. I can't even do screen mirroring or anything to get the Purple Player download to show up on my (smart) t.v.

No idea, but I know there a few vfers who are very good at burning DVDs, hopefully they'll chime in.

Jennifer P. 05-25-18 07:12 PM

I did one of Jenny's marching with moves youtube videos this morning called, "Marching in Nauvoo." It was okay. She did do a few combos, so it wasn't too bland. I liked the music, but it was familiar aerobics music that has been used a lot, so much so that some might refer to it as generic, I'm not sure. My problem with it was that she only did knees & no ham curls.

Even though I do Leslie Sansone's workouts every Monday, I like more choreography in my workouts. I like Stephanie Huckabee's aerobics best for lower intensity, but I do get a good workout with Leslie.

As for the intensity of Jenny's marching in Nauvoi, it was definitely on the low end for me. I would have liked side to side lunges, rear tap lunges & ham curls, but it seems Jenny kept it simple since the workout was only about 29 minutes (about 22-23 total aerobics after the warmup.)

BTW, the marching across America download is volume 1, 1-5. There are 5 different workouts in different locations, & the descriptions include that there are optional "power pushes" & "lower body toning." The workout I did is not one of these workouts. You can save 20 % with the code Summer2018

I want to try these, but they would be worthless to me if I can't burn them to dvd-r.