Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone know what is in these Gaiam compilations (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=171001)

LynnO 09-21-11 12:45 PM

Anyone know what is in these Gaiam compilations

I was at Target this morning and noticed they had new DVD 4 packs. These were Gaiam compilations and I was wondering if anyone knew what was in them.

There was the pilates collection with Piloxing, but this also contained 3 other dvds, including a stretching and relaxation- and two of the dvds had 120 minutes of content each.

There were 2 yoga collections, one I think had at least one of the Yoga Journal's Step by Step series. The other, I didn't really recognize any of them.

The four pack of toning dvds- no idea. One had some ten minute workouts.

All were right around $15. Anyone have any idea what's on all these dvds?

debbied 09-21-11 01:00 PM

The only one I can tell you about is the Piloxing set. The workouts included are Piloxing Express Toning and three different workouts from Pilates TV (from Australia, judging by the accents:)).

The three workouts are Stress Relief, Awesome Abs and I think, Awesome Core. These three are led by Zosha who has a friendly manner. The two background exercisers are miked so they interact with Zosha and you can hear everyone. Each of these has different chapters to choose from as well as the 'Play All' option.

I am not sure, but I think Zosha has been in some Evolution workouts. HTH

mamaste 09-21-11 01:13 PM

The 4 pack toning videos look like they're from the Method.

LynnO 09-22-11 09:50 AM

Thanks ladies. Anyone else know what is in these collections?

Sophia 10-02-11 02:28 AM

Bumping because I just saw the yoga one today and hoping someone knows something about it.

Stephanie_B 10-03-11 12:51 PM

I can't find ANYTHING on Gaiam's site nor on the box about them and IIRC Target will not let you return a DVD just exchange for the same one..so I am not taking the bait. I wish Gaiam had a description SOMEWHERE, but then that's like wishing they didn't title change and have kits with stuff you use once.

Sophia 10-03-11 03:51 PM

Same here. I searched both the Gaiam & Target sites, as well as here. Nada. I'm not getting it either just to find out that I may already own them, or some of them.

bzar 07-31-13 05:02 PM

WARNING: OLD THREAD!!!

sorry, i had to revive this thread. i saw the Beginner's Yoga set in a thrift store (sorry, i know i'm always in thrift stores looking at fitness stuff!) but i noticed the pictures on the back are from the old The Method series because i recognize Jennifer Kries and Lisa Wheeler.

Gaiam must now own the rights to The Method.

here's an Amazon listing for it:
Beginner's Yoga

Gaiam even sneakily changed the titles of the 4 workouts to be:
Beginner Yoga
Yoga Mix
Yoga Stretch
Firm & Flex Yoga

if you mouse over the second Amazon picture in the link, you can see the pictures magnified.

anyone who bought it - which The Method titles are in there? i've always wanted their "Dynamic" series. i have Precision Yoga, and i'm guessing it's in this compilation.

There was also another Gaiam set called "Complete Yoga", and Amazon has a listing - Amazon link.

I don't recognize the pictures on the back of "Complete" but they're not The Method. the set looks like a room in a highrise becuase there's big windows.

Eibhinn 07-31-13 06:07 PM

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, but Mary recently added a 4 workout set called Complete Pilates, and described the contents as being 3 The Method workouts and one QuickFix workout with Keli Roberts.

Here's the listing:

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Comp...-Set-p/385.htm

Mary lists the workouts as being previously released as the Method Precision Toning, The Method Target Toning, The Method Precision Sculpting and QuickFix Pilates Abs.

bzar 07-31-13 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhinn (Post 2267222)
I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, but Mary recently added a 4 workout set called Complete Pilates, and described the contents as being 3 The Method workouts and one QuickFix workout with Keli Roberts.

Here's the listing:

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Comp...-Set-p/385.htm

Mary lists the workouts as being previously released as the Method Precision Toning, The Method Target Toning, The Method Precision Sculpting and QuickFix Pilates Abs.

Eibhinn - it's probably not the same, but similar in concept, except that the ones at Target were Yoga-ish in nature.

Mary was smart enough to identify the original workouts!

by the way, if you go to the "Complete Yoga" listing on Amazon and read the reviews, they are SO HILARIOUS! for example, if the Complete Yoga series includes The Method workouts that have those live bongo players, that's what the reviewer described as a "mariachi band"!