Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Bargain Watch (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Manduka yoga mats ! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230263)

AnMrsDe 01-21-21 04:56 PM

Manduka yoga mats !

I was using my TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc. Gift Card while shopping at my local stores today and they have TONS of yoga mats - including 2 black Manduka Pros for $49.99. That is a great price for a Manduka...I have two Pros already (one bought from Target for $60). I actually had it in my cart but thought why do I need another $$ Manduka? So I thought I'd take a gamble for $19.99 and buy a Gaiam Insta Grip mat (6 MM) that was more cushy, stickier, and prettier! :heart: It boasts of "instant traction in any pose". (I'm getting tired of black! My other Manduka is light blue which is pretty but I keep it upstairs and don't use it as often). It seems my black Manduka is losing its' stickiness. I'll report back how I like it....

Just thought I'd share if you're looking for a yoga mat....they also have lots of other workout related items.

Vantreesta 01-22-21 11:11 PM

So how do you like the Insta Grip? Inquiring minds want to know!

ETA: Oops, didn't notice you just posted that yesterday. :D

AnMrsDe 01-23-21 08:48 AM

Vannie, I just used it once before I read that Cathe will be selling round yoga mats! I've always wanted a ROUND one, so probably will be returning it and buying one from Cathe, LOL! :D

In response to your Q, I guess it was ok...not much difference from the Manduka, IMHO. But, I'm not giving it much of a chance to like it one way or another....:o

Vantreesta 01-23-21 09:41 AM

AnMrsDe, thanks for the feedback. That's cool to know it compared well to the Manduka, at least in one use. I honestly don't even know why I asked since I certainly don't need a new yoga mat! :D I am rearranging my gym a bit so I actually have room again to roll out my 6' square mat that I love. When I got my rower and elliptical they sort of encroached on available floor space! Enjoy your round mat when you get it!

bubbles76 01-24-21 06:48 PM

I had planned on going out to TJ Maxx today to check out the equipment but was knocked back by a killer migraine. Just woke up not too long ago. Hopefully there will still be some goodies there next weekend :)

AnMrsDe 01-25-21 01:47 PM

Vannie, thanks! Enjoy your 6' square mat too! (PS I actually took back my yoga mat last weekend, haha!). Now I'm reading on another thread that a lot of other peeps are planning on buying a round mat too....I sure hope Cathe orders quite a few, LOL!! :p

Hey Bubbles, I hope you feel better today! If your TJ Maxx/Marshalls inventory is similar to mine, I'm sure there will be plenty mats there this weekend. Report back what you find! :heart:

bubbles76 05-05-21 04:48 PM

Reviving to say...I found some Manduka mats at TJ Maxx. No, I didn't have the migraine that long, although I do have another today. It's pretty mild, luckily :) But this past weekend I did see some mats at TJ Maxx. I had not seen any between January and now.

AnMrsDe 05-07-21 04:11 PM

Yay, glad you found some, Bubbles! I was at TJ Maxx this week and they had about 15 yoga mats left. None were Manduka, though. I found some cute workout wear that day and some really cute Bare Traps sandals that were $35 less than at DSW!!! (I checked when I got home). Couldn't believe it! And they are SOOO comfortable! I've been wearing them all around even though it's still cool out, LOL.

What is it with the headaches? I had a horrible one yesterday and still prevalent today. I blame it on allergies. :( Hope you're feeling better by now!