Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Question about Equipment in Lynn Hahn's Body, Bands & Rings (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=136025)

normandy 07-19-09 02:57 PM

Question about Equipment in Lynn Hahn's Body, Bands & Rings

I should have said "questions" not "question!"

Am about to order this workout, and wonder if you need more than one tension ring, or would just the medium tension suffice? And where did you get the rings -- I can't seem to find any online.

Would a band work just as well as the tubing? If not, where's a good spot to buy the tubing -- was wondering about the Beachbody set.

Can the program be separated into upper body and lower body, or does it all run consecutively?

Last but not least -- to all of you who have done the workout -- what are your thoughts about it?

Thanks much!

Laura S. 07-19-09 03:55 PM

This is on my wish list, so I'd like to know the answers to these questions as well! Thanks for asking.

DawnP 07-20-09 12:03 AM

Preview clip available on TotalFitnessDVDs.com

I wish I had answers about the equipment needed for this workout, sorry guys. You can view a preview clip here on TotalFitnessDVDs.com. It looks like Lynn uses at least two different resistance loops, perhaps a lighter one for upper body work.

Anyway I was considering getting this DVD as a travel workout but decided the production values were a bit off and I didn't care for many of the leg exercises shown.

normandy 07-20-09 05:01 AM

Here's Lynn's Reply

I asked this question on another thread where people had the workout, but never got an answer, so I wrote to Lynn, and here's her reply. I ordered the workout but am going to make sure I like it before I order the equipment.

=====================

Thanks for the kind words. I really love the workout too! It's easy to travel with and easy on the joints.

I have two companies on the website "EQUIPMENT" page that carry the elastic resistance. I checked all around and found these companies have the best elastic resistance products.

"ShapeUpShop" has the rings I use. If you go on their site from my website and put "resistant tubing" in the search bar it will take you to a list of products. The second choice should take you to a page with "Xering by Spri" on the top as a selection. When you select that you'll be taken to "ideal fitness spri resistant rings". I use the green light, the red medium and the blue heavy rings for the different exercises. I tell you what resistance to use during the workout light, medium or heavy with the different exercises.

You can use a wide 6' band if you already have that. You'll want 3 different strengths light, med, and heavy so you'll get the most from the workout. I use the "Bodylastics" on our "EQUIPMENT" page because they're really good quality and last a long time. I've had mine for a few years and use them a lot! They have package deals. Just go on their site from our "Equipment" page and select the "complete system only $45" to see the packages.

www.getrealfit.org

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions about the workout when it comes.

Lynn

Thanks for contacting me

Lynn Hahn

Laura S. 07-20-09 04:48 PM

Thanks for asking and sharing her answers! :sun:

Lucky Star 07-20-09 06:03 PM

Hmm, I'll check out her site. I :love: the look of her two new cardio workouts and am buying them at the DD sale. They look drill-based - which I like - and I like the slightly 'grungy' gym vibe, plus the two background exercisers (at least one modifying). Lynn's previous kickbox workouts weren't as appealing but these are grabbing me for some reason. :)

normandy 07-20-09 08:57 PM

You're very welcome, Laura. I'm starting to have second thoughts, though, about all that extra equipment to buy.

Lucky Star -- Oh no, I never thought of Deep Discount -- only $12.24 there! Did you ever have any problem with credit-card ordering from them? There were so many negative threads ahwile back, but hopefully this has changed. I did order from Mary at Total Fitness so at least it ships immediately and can always be returned without any hassle.

Lucky Star 07-20-09 09:22 PM

Normandy I've been ordering from Deep Discount for years and have never experienced any security issues.
FWIW, DD's current 25% off sale means an extra $3.06 off for a sale price of $9.18, free shipping. Mind you, it will take quite a bit longer to arrive than from Mary; her service is unbeatable!

Laura S. 07-21-09 09:04 AM

One of the things that I assumed is that I probably already have most of the equipment. I have two Xerings (light and heavy resistance) and lots of bands and tubing. So, that was one of the pluses along with it traveling well. If I had to buy the equipment, I probably wouldn't be as interested.

normandy 07-21-09 07:02 PM

Laura -- where did you geet the Xerings? And what do you find does more muscle-wise; the tubing or the bands?

Lucky Star -- That's a big price difference! All I have to do now is decide if I can wait or not. And of course, you've made me go to the DD website and I'll probably end up spending twice as much as I originally started out doing. You're a prize enabler! :)