Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Classical Stretch for beginners (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225757)

calendria 04-28-19 04:46 PM

Classical Stretch for beginners

I just started Essentrix TV. so far so good.

I have discovered I'm way wimpier than I previously thought. arrggggh.

anyone know of a good and gentle workout to start with?

there are soooooooooooooo many.

Izzy 04-28-19 07:06 PM

Anything workout from seasons 11 or 12. They are slower and have more instructions.

Mary

yogapam 04-28-19 07:20 PM

I agree, Seasons 11 & 12 are great. I’d also recommend the Pain Relief workouts, the new Connective Tissue workouts, Age Reversing workouts, & Toning for Beginners.

calendria 04-28-19 07:55 PM

Thank you. I'll be checking those out soon.

BunnyHop 04-28-19 08:29 PM

I've learned that CS is more intense than I'd realized.

A while ago I was having shoulder pain and came to realize I was doing it to myself by working too intensely, with a too-great range of motion.

For now, I just need to take it easy and be gentle.

JackieB 04-28-19 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2820455)
I agree, Seasons 11 & 12 are great. I’d also recommend The Pain Relief workouts, the new Connective Tissue workouts, Age Reversing workouts, & Toning for Beginners.

Agree with Pam!

DCW 05-01-19 08:34 AM

I started Essentrics/CS a couple of years ago. Wow was I out of shape in the ways that I didn’t even recognize until I got stronger. I had to lean on the kitchen counter to get dishes out of the dishwasher. (weak core/poor balance). I pulled myself up by using the church pew in front of me (poor core strength) with my hands (poor balance). I couldn’t reach up and get items out of the kitchen cabinet (loss of range of motion). I had stopped running up the stairs and had to walk up the stairs. At this time, I could still do 10 regular push-ups with no problem, so I thought I was ok and was getting “older”. Now I realize I was getting functionally weaker not older.

Doing Essentrics/CS daily, I am functionally fitter. Starting out I couldn’t believe I was struggling with a 23 minute workout. I was so happy when episodes were split, and I could get down on the floor. Not that I was better at floorwork, I was just happy to lay down on the floor. One day I got through the 23 minutes with an “I can do this” attitude versus “can I make it thru 23 minutes. I can reach further, my range of motion is better, as is my balance. My recovery is faster and I use it purposely for recovery after strenuous yardwork, walking or other exercises. Yep, it took me a while to master the 23 minutes, but eventually I got up to the one hour workouts and so will you.

Don’t get discouraged. Each day you are getting stronger!!!

Floren 05-01-19 10:18 AM

What a great post! Thanks for sharing. It's great to hear how all your hard work has really paid off and you turned it all around.

I use any episode marked something like "pain relief" if I just want easy movement.

ETA: saw this on the Essentrics website - if you scroll down it shows you what DVDs have workouts for very beginners https://www.essentrics.com/Beginners.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCW (Post 2820740)
I started Essentrics/CS a couple of years ago. Wow was I out of shape in the ways that I didn’t even recognize until I got stronger. I had to lean on the kitchen counter to get dishes out of the dishwasher. (weak core/poor balance). I pulled myself up by using the church pew in front of me (poor core strength) with my hands (poor balance). I couldn’t reach up and get items out of the kitchen cabinet (loss of range of motion). I had stopped running up the stairs and had to walk up the stairs. At this time, I could still do 10 regular push-ups with no problem, so I thought I was ok and was getting “older”. Now I realize I was getting functionally weaker not older.

Doing Essentrics/CS daily, I am functionally fitter. Starting out I couldn’t believe I was struggling with a 23 minute workout. I was so happy when episodes were split, and I could get down on the floor. Not that I was better at floorwork, I was just happy to lay down on the floor. One day I got through the 23 minutes with an “I can do this” attitude versus “can I make it thru 23 minutes. I can reach further, my range of motion is better, as is my balance. My recovery is faster and I use it purposely for recovery after strenuous yardwork, walking or other exercises. Yep, it took me a while to master the 23 minutes, but eventually I got up to the one hour workouts and so will you.

bjones 05-01-19 05:45 PM

I was going to ask if season 11 or 12 was easier. From the website it looks like Season 11 is recommended for the out of shape rather than 12. Looking at the breakdown season 11 has 19 beginner episodes while season 12 has 14.

Demeris 05-02-19 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCW (Post 2820740)

Thank you for this. I love CS/Essentrics. Sometimes I breeze through an episode, and sometimes it kicks my arse. It's good to know that how all-encompassing the fitness/health gains can be.