Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fe Fit (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=214168)

bubbles76 01-22-16 11:04 AM

Fe Fit

So the price has me wondering...is this a good set? Different? I don't have anything in the way of barre, but it's not because I don't like barre. I just feel like I don't do it correctly :o. Would this be considered more beginner (Powefit) or Intermediate (KCM)? How much of it is barre and how much traditional weights? Any weighted lower body exercises?

Thanks so much!

ETA: Did a tag search on Fe Fit, and I didn't see much breaking down of the moves or if the set was really all that different. Just mostly people saying they liked it. Some called it beginner, some called it intermediate, some said recovery workouts. Recovery workouts always eluded me. I don't work out when I'm recovering :D

momofcha 01-22-16 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2603832)
So the price has me wondering...is this a good set? Different? I don't have anything in the way of barre, but it's not because I don't like barre. I just feel like I don't do it correctly :o. Would this be considered more beginner (Powefit) or Intermediate (KCM)? How much of it is barre and how much traditional weights? Any weighted lower body exercises?

Thanks so much!

ETA: Did a tag search on Fe Fit, and I didn't see much breaking down of the moves or if the set was really all that different. Just mostly people saying they liked it. Some called it beginner, some called it intermediate, some said recovery workouts. Recovery workouts always eluded me. I don't work out when I'm recovering :D

They have a Valentine's Day challenge getting ready to start. I think it's $28 and it's streaming - but it includes 12 new workouts, as well as the DVD set... Might be a better way to get your feet wet with it....

http://fefit.com/the-28-day-challenge/

twinkletoes 01-22-16 11:51 AM

I traded my set away but to me it seemed a beginner version of Dream Body. (I only did 2 workouts when I got the set when it came out and haven't done it since...just had to many DVDs and never reached for that one). She does talk a lot of "mommy" talk - which bothers some people.

Quote:

Recovery workouts always eluded me. I don't work out when I'm recovering :D

When I was purging DVDs, there were some I kept for days I don't feel like working out. But then I thought "when I don't feel like working out, I don't work out" LOL So I didn't keep them.

bubbles76 01-22-16 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkletoes (Post 2603846)
When I was purging DVDs, there were some I kept for days I don't feel like working out. But then I thought "when I don't feel like working out, I don't work out" LOL So I didn't keep them.

Haha! I know right.

Thanks Momofcha, but it's actually cheaper to buy the set. And I don't do streaming.

momofcha 01-22-16 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2603865)
Haha! I know right.

Thanks Momofcha, but it's actually cheaper to buy the set. And I don't do streaming.

Wow, I had no idea the set was under $30 now. Sounds like you talked yourself out of it anyway! :)

bubbles76 01-22-16 01:26 PM

Oh no, i haven't talked myself out of it ha! Still welcoming responses. I want something in the intermediate range with variety and this looked like it would fit the bill. Love the time.

CharM 01-22-16 01:51 PM

I caved because I'm a sucker for low cost sets. :o I can't answer your questions but maybe this will help.
These are the best breakdowns I've seen. http://lindseylu8.blogspot.com/searc...l/fe%20fit?m=1

horusosiris 01-22-16 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2603874)
Oh no, i haven't talked myself out of it ha! Still welcoming responses. I want something in the intermediate range with variety and this looked like ot wpuld fit yhe bill. Love the time.

Bubbles - This set has loads of variety (barre, stretching, cardio, core, traditional total body, lower body and upper body) and is definitely intermediate.

kelsey211 01-22-16 03:09 PM

Quote:

so the price has me wondering...is this a good set? Different? I don't have anything in the way of barre, but it's not because i don't like barre. I just feel like i don't do it correctly :o. Would this be considered more beginner (powefit) or intermediate (kcm)? how much of it is barre and how much traditional weights? Any weighted lower body exercises?

Bubbles, here is the number of workouts by type:

4 Barre
4 Cardio Circuits
4 Core
4 Lower Body
4 Upper Body
4 Total Body Toning
4 Stretch Flow

The current Amazon price of $24.97 is sure hard to resist.

bfit 01-22-16 03:33 PM

I like Fe Fit. It's really the only set or system (other than Cathe's ICE) that I've really liked. The workouts are all 30 minutes, there's a lot of variety for the money, and a lot of work is covered in each 30 minutes. I would call them intermediate, and there's a low impact modifier. I am not a Mom, and the Mom talk doesn't bother me.