Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic OT: Looking for jeans to fit wide waist and thin legs/thighs (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229580)

Lori_Michigan 10-08-20 03:06 PM

OT: Looking for jeans to fit wide waist and thin legs/thighs

I am really struggling to find a pair of jeans this year to fit my now huge waist (thanks perimenopause) but thin legs/thighs/hips. I need a 14/16 stretch waist but that makes my butt/hips/thighs look like balloon pants (like MC Hammer pants!). I've tried a lot jeans in the past month and nothing has worked.

I have tried a lot of Old Navy jeans since they were my staple jean for years (until the 20 pound weight gain this year). The 10s still fit my hips, but I can't even remotely zip them up. :mad: The 16s are zippable, but I need to take like 4 inches off the hips/thighs.

I was thinking of trying Democracy jeans on Amazon but I can't find any reviews that mention a huge waist and skinny legs. I wish I could wear shorts all year!!! :(

Anyone have any advice? TIA!

anetta 10-08-20 03:35 PM

Do the shorts you like make jeans?

Sorry don't have any other suggestions.

Anita

Lori_Michigan 10-08-20 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anetta (Post 2893012)
Do the shorts you like make jeans?

Sorry don't have any other suggestions.

Anita

The only shorts that I've worn this summer were Old Navy linen drawstring shorts with an elastic waist (which I literally wore every day!!). But it seems like all the Old Navy jeans have been really wide in the hips/thighs for size that fits my waist.

I also tried some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from Kohls and they also were the same problem, wide hips/thighs for the large waist that I need.

I have tried jeggings from Old Navy but it's the same problem.

I wish someone would just invent "Menopause Jeans" with just a wide stretchy waist and thin legs!

Gams 10-08-20 04:21 PM

I would try another brand of jeggings. The ones I have are so stretchy that it doesn’t really matter what size my waist or legs are.

Lori_Michigan 10-08-20 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2893018)
I would try another brand of jeggings. The ones I have are so stretchy that it doesn’t really matter what size my waist or legs are.

Any brand recommendations? The only ones that I've tried give me the exact same problem -- too big in the hips/thighs for my wide waist. So they just sag as I go through the day and it really is just depressing... :(

Mickey12 10-08-20 05:18 PM

I have always had a thick waist and used to have good luck with Lee jeans. So , to put it another way, curvy fit jeans never fit me. Way too small in the waist and way too much fabric at the hips. I haven’t purchased a pair of jeans in many years though, so I don’t know if they still fit the same way. JC Penney used to carry them. Good luck. It’s no fun when stuff doesn’t fit.

Kim

wendug 10-08-20 05:29 PM

I have the opposite problem from you with jeans, but I know the struggle to find a pair of good fitting jeans! I found this article that might help you with some ideas.

https://jeanius.io/jeans-reviews/bes...d-skinny-legs/

Also, I have a pair of "boyfriend" style jeans from Kut from the Kloth and although they fit my legs and thighs, they have too much room in the waist for me. Maybe you should look into a boyfriend fit jean? Good luck!

anetta 10-08-20 05:48 PM

Weird suggestion, but would men's jeans work? Or maternity?

Anita

Thinking way outside the box

fanofladyvols 10-08-20 06:25 PM

What about buying a pair that zips comfortably and then take them to get altered to fit?

BigBadBetty 10-08-20 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anetta (Post 2893035)
Weird suggestion, but would men's jeans work? Or maternity?

Anita

Thinking way outside the box

My cousin buys maternity jeans. She's in her 50s.