Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Skogg Kettlebell System breakdown (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=163148)

Rhonda 03-24-11 06:53 AM

OK, mine is on its way to me :eek:

I shouldn't have but it sounds good.

Rhonda

momofcha 03-24-11 09:01 AM

thanks for the breakdowns! This is on my radar, but I haven't ordered....yet :D

caligurl 03-24-11 09:37 AM

oh how i hate this forum!

mspina 03-24-11 09:54 AM

This looks GREAT!!!! And my b'day is coming up so I sent DH a link to it on Amazon. :)

mspina 03-24-11 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligurl (Post 1771765)
oh how i hate this forum!

lol!

ddj 03-24-11 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharma_gal (Post 1771650)
Thanks a lot for this breakdown..For those who have done these workouts, do you think there's enough variety or does it seem very repetitive with the same moves? Thanks!
R.

I haven't had the chance to do all of the workouts yet, but they don't feel repetitive to me. But I don't mind drill type workouts, so someone else might feel differently.

momofcha 07-06-11 12:38 PM

bumping this as I'm doing some research before I cave....

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, but.... will I use them? I really love Lauren, Sarah Lurie and RKS.....

should I? Does anyone find this set repetitive?

counterclockwise 07-06-11 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 1844478)

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, but.... will I use them? I really love Lauren, Sarah Lurie and RKS.....

I didn't find it repetitive, but I did find it too fast in some places (but not easy to go at your own pace), and I did not feel like my legs were worked enough. I also wonder if the chest and back are really worked enough with just those exercises. I ended up selling it. I did think the tutorial was great, and I also liked Skogg as an instructor.

I am much happier with RKS, but I do think Skogg's system is good, and I will definitely be watching for his next set.

caligurl 07-06-11 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 1844478)

if i were doing this as a system for 6 weeks (or ever how long it is supposed to be) then i'd find it repetitive.... especially since going from level 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 is the same exact workout....

however i'm using them like all my other workouts (except RKS which i've done as a sorta system) and doing which one i want when i want in with all my other ones (did ladders mon and flow today... level 3 although in hindsight i wish i'd have done level 4!)

i LOVE lauren and RKS... i haven't picked up lurie in a while but do like her workouts.... and i like skogg (just not as a system!)

so that said... i think you might light them!

it's funny but i kinda liken them to the snatch-fest/swing-fest... cuz although it's 6 moves versus 1 move... you still repeat them over and over for 15-40 minutes depending on which level you choose!

caligurl 07-06-11 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by counterclockwise (Post 1844511)
and I did not feel like my legs were worked enough.

i've been pairing skogg with evil coach troy's spinervals.... i do a spinerval then proceed onto a level 3 skogg... they compliement each other well cuz you don't work your legs that much in the workouts!