Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Happy Birthday order for me!! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=197720)

upperwside 11-01-13 05:43 PM

Happy Birthday order for me!!

My 41st Birthday is this month.. I have not bought any videos in a long time as nothing was floating my boat. I have had a very very mild case of shingles so been tired but still working out.. but just lifting weights. Since I am feeling better I am ready for some fun cardio/endurance workouts !! I put on about 8lbs in the past 2 months and since my diet is ok.. well.. I have been naught on the Sat night cocktails/late eating of naughty stuff.. I am ready to work it off!!!

Any comment on videos below... love/hate/advice?

Patrick Goudeau presents Kickbox Burn

Ultimate Sweat and Tone DVD - Angie Gorr

30 Minutes to Fitness Trim Down

Cathe Flex Train DVD

tracydancecardio Tracy Anderson: Dance Plus Cardio

Stephanie Levinson's Slim Body Fitness

Toby Massenburg's Ignite DVD

Toby Massenburg's Afterburn DVD

Chomper 11-01-13 05:55 PM

I don't have most of these. Just wanted to point out that Flex Train is really not cardio or even metabolic in my opinion.

PrairieGem 11-01-13 06:00 PM

I had my 39th in July, and treated myself to *two* KCM 30MTF DVDs (my first)--so much fun!! I think if you're looking for a fun birthday treat, you probably can't go wrong there!

Happy birthday!

upperwside 11-01-13 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomper (Post 2313442)
I don't have most of these. Just wanted to point out that Flex Train is really not cardio or even metabolic in my opinion.

Not sure what it is either? Looks like a light endurance strength ? Looks like fun and I like the look of the clip.

alisoncooks 11-01-13 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upperwside (Post 2313436)
Stephanie Levinson's Slim Body Fitness

I've previewed this and done a couple of the (8) segments. So far I like it -- I think it's do-able for an intermediate and can be advanced if you do it as shown. I really like the instructor -- she reminds me of Jennifer Love Hewitt. :D

The 3 cardio segments (cardio blast, cardio sculpt, and cardio intervals) are a mix of high impact, low impact, some toning, etc. There's also a rebounding segment and a med ball segment. Both mix toning with cardio.

I really like the mostly-toning segments -- the lower body segment got my heart rate elevated. The arms is a great add-on and the arms/abs section is pretty tough.

I do wish she'd included a separately chaptered warm-up... (most segments have little-to-nothing in the way of a warm-up).

upperwside 11-01-13 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrairieGem (Post 2313445)
I had my 39th in July, and treated myself to *two* KCM 30MTF DVDs (my first)--so much fun!! I think if you're looking for a fun birthday treat, you probably can't go wrong there!

Happy birthday!

Thank you! I have not done any KCM videos in a long time.. but I like her workouts. I like the look of the boxing/endurance weight mix in the new one..

upperwside 11-01-13 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 2313453)
I've previewed this and done a couple of the (8) segments. So far I like it -- I think it's do-able for an intermediate and can be advanced if you do it as shown. I really like the instructor -- she reminds me of Jennifer Love Hewitt. :D

The 3 cardio segments (cardio blast, cardio sculpt, and cardio intervals) are a mix of high impact, low impact, some toning, etc. There's also a rebounding segment and a med ball segment. Both mix toning with cardio.

I really like the mostly-toning segments -- the lower body segment got my heart rate elevated. The arms is a great add-on and the arms/abs section is pretty tough.

I do wish she'd included a separately chaptered warm-up... (most segments have little-to-nothing in the way of a warm-up).

Thank you... I have another video of hers and I like it.. so I thought I would give this a try.. like the idea of a rebounder section. Can you mix and match sections or is there premixes .. can you skip around? I do not get the format..

alisoncooks 11-01-13 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upperwside (Post 2313455)
Thank you... I have another video of hers and I like it.. so I thought I would give this a try.. like the idea of a rebounder section. Can you mix and match sections or is there premixes .. can you skip around? I do not get the format..

Nope, no cool programmable menu or premixes. She totally missed an opportunity with this. From the main menu there are 8 "workouts" (each approx 10 min.) If you pick the 3rd workout, it'll automatically play 4 (and then 5, etc....) when it finishes. But there's no way to pick, say, 1, 5 & 7 to make a workout.

You can skip a segment. So if you want to do 1 and 3, you can just chapter ahead to skip #2.

Breezy Trousers 11-01-13 07:15 PM

Happy birthday! Aren't you the NYC girl who lives in Canada? If so, we tend to like the same workouts .... Anyway: Kickbox Burn! Kickbox Burn!!!! If you prefer athletic choreo over complex choreo, you'll probably like this one a lot. It's a fun calorie burner. FlexTrain is another fun workout, but, as Chomper said, it's not a metabolic workout. I'm using it as a laid-back, high-rep, weight-training'ish workout to reach for on recovery/non-motivated days. (To give you an idea: You can do FT in pj's & bare feet. I have.) .... I like Toby's first two workouts a lot but can't comment on his two latest releases other than to note a VF'er disliked Afterburn's frantic pace and lack of chaptering..... Regardless of what you choose, I hope you have fun on your 41st.