Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How do you refuse a parcel via USPS? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=215196)

Vintage VFer 04-01-16 01:11 PM

How do you refuse a parcel via USPS?

I cancelled my Fascia Blaster order ten days ago. As AB refused to refund my money, I opened a claim with PayPal. After 10 days, AB had not replied to PayPal's inquiry, so PayPal refunded my money today. "Ginger" wrote to me that they had cancelled my shipment.

Now, I find out that it was shipped anyway on March 30th via UPS SurePost. With a larger parcel, I will actually have to go to the P.O. to pick it up.

How does one refuse a parcel at the Post Office?

carres1973 04-01-16 01:14 PM

I have always taken it to the post office and told them I am refusing the package. It can't be opened. I believe they then write on it "refused; return to sender" and it is sent back.

Having said that, there are probably 500 people that would buy it off you! I am one of those 500 :-)!

Carrie

Vintage VFer 04-01-16 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carres1973 (Post 2624341)
I have always taken it to the post office and told them I am refusing the package. It can't be opened. I believe they then write on it "refused; return to sender" and it is sent back.

Having said that, there are probably 500 people that would buy it off you! I am one of those 500 :-)!

Carrie

I need to refuse/return it as my money was refunded.

carres1973 04-01-16 01:29 PM

That's a good point!

jenn38 04-01-16 03:29 PM

When you pick it from the PO do not open it. Tell the clerk you are refusing it and they will send it back for free. Unfortunately if you open it we have to charge to return it. Just beware returns don't often return quickly to the senders. The go to processing facilities and are some of the last mail to be processed. But if you have your tracking number you will see it scanned refused and returned to sender the day you bring it in.

Juliepie 04-01-16 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn38 (Post 2624369)
When you pick it from the PO do not open it. Tell the clerk you are refusing it and they will send it back for free. Unfortunately if you open it we have to charge to return it. Just beware returns don't often return quickly to the senders. The go to processing facilities and are some of the last mail to be processed. But if you have your tracking number you will see it scanned refused and returned to sender the day you bring it in.

So the package still gets tracked if it's refused?

jenn38 04-01-16 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliepie (Post 2624375)
So the package still gets tracked if it's refused?

Yes we scan it refused and put a return to sender sticker on it as long as its unopened. If a customer opens it they have to pay shipping to return it. We are able to scan it at the register or with a hand held scanner. Then we send all mail out every night at 5pm to head to processing facilities.

Our processing facility is very understaffed so I'm not exactly sure how long a refused return would take. But as long as you keep your tracking number you should be able to track its return. Or at least in a perfect world yiu should be able to.

Vintage VFer 04-02-16 09:45 AM

Thanks for the replies!

What a nightmare this has been! :(

Juliepie 04-02-16 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn38 (Post 2624427)
Yes we scan it refused and put a return to sender sticker on it as long as its unopened. If a customer opens it they have to pay shipping to return it. We are able to scan it at the register or with a hand held scanner. Then we send all mail out every night at 5pm to head to processing facilities.

Our processing facility is very understaffed so I'm not exactly sure how long a refused return would take. But as long as you keep your tracking number you should be able to track its return. Or at least in a perfect world yiu should be able to.

Good to know...thanks! :D