Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - Week of July 25 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231446)

JBliff 07-25-21 09:10 AM

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 25

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was LITE Metabolic Blast + extended stretch. I used 3-8 lb weights and it felt good to at least do something with weights even if they are not heavy.

Karjoy - Glad you are feeling better. I've been watching some of the Olympic action for stress relief and of course doing lots of reading.

Waves to all. Have a good Sunday.

karjoy 07-25-21 06:25 PM

Thanks for starting us off as usual Jbliff. Glad you can at least use light to mediumish weights and it does not bother you. Progress!

I’m resting today. The trail races are tough because of the obstacles and unknowns and worry about tripping and falling and I just couldn’t manage doing much today. Plus exerting yourself in the heat. :asleep: I
have done some heavy duty deep cleaning and going upstairs a fair amount.

I think with Covid and school starting we are going to have a rough few weeks to a few months, especially here in Florida. One good thing is that we have mild winters so people don’t have to be stuck indoors together till like November. I’m hoping that people will learn something from this second or third surge or whatever this is.

I signed up for the Cathe trip today.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

JBliff 07-26-21 08:05 AM

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + an episode of Essentrics.

Karjoy - How fun that you'll be going to the Cathe road trip. I hope we don't have another bad surge but I'm not too optimistic. Virginia has mostly been pretty good about vaccination (75% adults with at least one dose and 54% of all population 12 years old and over fully vaccinated); however, we are seeing a jump in number of cases lately, all from the un-vaccinated crowd.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.

karjoy 07-26-21 07:48 PM

Yeah, Jbliff at this point I’m just not counting on doing much of anything. Sigh….

karjoy 07-26-21 08:19 PM

Jbliff and all, I won’t be surprised if other states start to have Floridians quarantine when we get there. That would of course ruin the Cathe trip if something like that happens. Fingers crossed.

I went to Burn Boot Camp tonight and we did Athletic Conditioning. This is cardio using just a few pieces of equipment. We worked with a partner and did med ball slams, battle ropes, squat jumps, sprints with band around the ankle and so on. This was actually a lot of fun and went by fast.

Waves to Cher, Gibbee, and Vannie.

JBliff 07-27-21 09:54 AM

No workout for me yesterday as I had a doctor's appointment at the time I usually work out and I was too frustrated when I got back to do anything. The doctor's office always make me wait a full hour after my appointment time before I get to see the doctor, which is really annoying. I like the doctor but I think I'm going to look for another one.

Karjoy - Well, if we had a vaccination passport, responsible Floridians could travel. We can always dream...

We're in another heat wave now. We should hit 97 tomorrow. Ugh.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 07-27-21 11:33 AM

Mon 7/26
6 minutes (from SanFran Fitness rebounding 5 min Mini Moves Series Day 8 Fun Cardio Moves, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from E. Welsh The Firm The Wave Ride the Wave) 1st time
22 minutes (from Crossrope Swing Into Summer day 12)
10 minutes (from L. Carvalho Brazil Butt Lift Maximum Results Abs Rapido) 1st time
14 minutes (from Kassandra Evening Yoga Movement day 11 Evening Yoga Stretches Full Body Flexibility, YT) 1st time
33 minutes (from 3.03 mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 78)
29 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory + extra)

I am so over all this heat and sunshine. I've done well keeping with the running this summer despite it but we haven't been walking much bc Cyric hates the heat even more than I do and it's not like there's a good way to know if he is really too hot or just doesn't wanna. But my mental health needs longer walks and nicer weather and he has been pretty blah and lethargic.

I didn't track goals and habits for this month and have started feeling lost so I'm ready to get back at it next month. I think I did need the little break from it but ready to move on. I've been wasting too much time online and still not even posting! I can't seem to get my head around actually replying to posts. :(

Last night's 3 mile run was rough. It was still 79 degrees at 8:30 and humidity was 70% so real feel was 82 and there wasn't much breeze. I apparently overstretched my hamstrings in triangle pose earlier in the day (even though I did use a block) so btwn that and the longer run I'm kind of hurting today, plus I don't think I did rehab stuff at all last week. Gotta get back on that today.

karjoy 07-27-21 08:19 PM

30 minute easy treadmill run for me tonight. I didn’t turn my AC down in enough time (my treadmill is upstairs) for it to get optimally cool but it’s not much different than outside really.

Vannie that run sounds like running here. Trust me, slow down, hydrate and then hydrate more, and expect to be considerably slower and for it to feel a lot harder. Good job getting it done.

Jbliff I think you should not have to wait for an hour each time to see your doctor.
Once in a while, sure, but every time seems too much. I’ll be thinking about you tomorrow with your 97 degrees. :mad:

Hi Gibbee and Cher.

JBliff 07-29-21 06:31 AM

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical + Total Body Stretching on the ball segment. My workout Tuesday was LITE Pyramid total body premix, but only doing 4 sets of each body part instead of 5 sets. I used up to 15 lb DBs and that was a bit of a mistake as my wrist hurt quite a bit after that. I think I'm going to have to be more patient and use lighter weights for a while.

Karjoy - I never even stuck my nose out of the house. DH went for a walk early in the morning and he said it wasn't as bad as it could be.

Vannie - I can't imagine 79 degrees at 8:30. That is miserable.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. I hope you are both doing OK.

karjoy 07-29-21 07:27 PM

Yesterday I ran about an hour on the treadmill and in that workout were some mild hills which is always a challenge. Tonight was treadmill again but a medium hard interval workout about 42 minutes overall. It’s so nice to not have to run outside.

I talked to a lady today who us strongly thinking about getting vaccinated for Covid. At least she is open minded and asking good questions. And she had a criticism for the CDC that rings true in my book: they say one thing and 3 days later they say something else. She has a point!

Tomorrow is Friday which is good. Going to Burn for legs after work.

Waves to all.

JBliff 07-30-21 06:59 AM

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - With the CDC I think that as more research results come in, they adjust their policies. At least that's what I saw in yesterday's article in the Washington Post. The CDC staff were seriously worried when the data came in about the delta variant and changed their guidance on masking.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good day.

karjoy 07-30-21 07:59 PM

Went to Burn after work for legs. Wore my mask and it did not bother me at all. Even though it wasn’t cardio per se, it was pretty intense. The mask did not get damp at all which surprised me. It was just a disposable blue health care mask with ear loops. Burn has purchased some really heavy dumbbells like 50-60 pounds. We have not used them standing yet except maybe for holding one to do Sumo squats. But we used them tonight to do glute bridges and our instructor had a great tip to handle them for floor work. Lie on your back and then roll to
Your side (side the DB is on) and sort of snuggle the weight to your side and then roll to your back with the DB on your hips. Worked like a charm. I managed to use a 50 pounder. They have some heavy KBs too.

Jbliff yeah I wore the mask partly because of the new CDC reports. How is your wrist?

Hope everyone is doing well.:heart:

JBliff 07-31-21 01:18 PM

My workout yesterday was ICE Chiseled Upper Body + core. I kept the weights light--nothing heavier than 8 lbs and either did presses instead of pushups or did the pushups on my knees and went pretty shallow to keep the stress away from the wrists. I also did some pushups on my fingertips like I used to do in karate class. That way you keep your wrists fairly straight--almost like having pushup handles.

Karjoy - That's good you were able to wear the mask and work out. My wrist is doing better every day now that I'm paying more attention to the kind of weights I can lift right now. It's a little frustrating using such light weights but it's better than not being able to move my fingers!

Waves to all. Have a good day.

Gibbee 07-31-21 01:34 PM

Drive by: HI! I am signed up for the Cathe trip!

Lately been just doing walks (Rick Bhullar's Uplifting Walk and Uplifting Walk 2) and stretching as my tennis elbow has been back full force the past two weeks. But I was feeling energetic and a bit better today so I did Caroline Girvan's Beast Mode total body today - and tacked on a Rick Bhullar 15 minute 2,000 step walk that is available on the membership side of things. Caroline's workout was great - although I do have to modify and lifted lighter as I'm testing out my elbows. I am finding I really enjoy her workouts (YouTube).

Hope everyone is doing well! I'll try to catch up in a bit.

karjoy 07-31-21 09:35 PM

Drive by: one hour on the treadmill today. Used several short Peloton workouts.
When I got up this morning it was so humid outside that it was foggy on my deck.
Heat index 106 for hours on end. I did not go out at all till evening.

Gibbee so good to hear from you. :sun:

As ya’ll may have heard our governor has signed some kind of law that there will be no mask mandates in Florida. We have such spread here that many of my friends with school age kids are getting really worried. And now this year there is no video school unless you do the formal Florida Virtual School program which is different than online school. God help us.

Waves to Cher and Vannie.