Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Article Link The Secret Sexual History of the Barre Workout (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222125)

wendug 01-19-18 05:41 PM

The Secret Sexual History of the Barre Workout

So I recently read this article on the Barre Workout Industry. Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I had no idea that better sex was a main focus of barre workouts initially! I just thought it was a workout to get a toned dancers body! I found it to be a very interesting read!

eventmom 01-19-18 05:52 PM

interesting!

AsSweetAsSugar 01-19-18 07:03 PM

Great reading! Thanks for sharing!

Nuggie's Auntie 01-19-18 07:08 PM

Yeah, Lotte Berk was quite a character. I read her daughter's memoir and wow, there is NO WAY I ever would have been attracted to the method as she created it, especially since her original London studio sounded absolutely revolting. Health officials actually shut it down because it was so rank. It was in a basement, no ventilation, nasty carpet soaked with sweat. Disgusting!

BunnyHop 01-20-18 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie (Post 2755730)
Yeah, Lotte Berk was quite a character. I read her daughter's memoir and wow, there is NO WAY I ever would have been attracted to the method as she created it, especially since her original London studio sounded absolutely revolting. Health officials actually shut it down because it was so rank. It was in a basement, no ventilation, nasty carpet soaked with sweat. Disgusting!

Bleah!

Isn't it interesting how things evolve sort of despite their creator's involvement?

Demeris 01-20-18 09:07 AM

Quote:

It was in a basement, no ventilation, nasty carpet soaked with sweat. Disgusting!

Ten or so years ago, I attended a Jazzercize class taught in these circumstances. When I left Tucson, the place was still open and offering classes.

Richie 01-20-18 09:33 AM

Fascinating!
Thanks for posting that, Wendy!

I remember first reading Callan Pinckney's Callanetics book and being struck by this in the list of positives. I was 14.
"Increase your sexual drive - like it or not!"

mamaste 01-20-18 02:20 PM

Quote:

Mind sharing the title of the book? Sounds interesting!

Nuggie's Auntie 01-20-18 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaste (Post 2755847)
Mind sharing the title of the book? Sounds interesting!

My Improper Mother and Me by Esther Fairfax

mamaste 01-20-18 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie (Post 2755855)
My Improper Mother and Me by Esther Fairfax

Thanks!