Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone have Instagram, blogs, or YouTube? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222855)

Pat58 04-06-18 07:47 AM

I've joined Instagram but just haven't been bit by the bug yet.

bee 04-06-18 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2768078)
I've joined Instagram but just haven't been bit by the bug yet.

Pat, I only joined because my best friend was moving to Seoul for five years and that's the way she was going to communicate with her world. I thought I would just look at her stuff, but I've found a lot of fun people to follow and I have fun posting goofy pictures to "all my fans". That is a complete joke -- my teenage boys think I am so silly with my posts and so I always tell them "my fans need updates." :D

Pat58 04-06-18 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2768122)
Pat, I only joined because my best friend was moving to Seoul for five years and that's the way she was going to communicate with her world. I thought I would just look at her stuff, but I've found a lot of fun people to follow and I have fun posting goofy pictures to "all my fans". That is a complete joke -- my teenage boys think I am so silly with my posts and so I always tell them "my fans need updates." :D

I should give it another chance - starting by following everyone who shared their profiles here.

yogapam 04-06-18 03:10 PM

I have a good friend who lives a distance away & isn't on FB. She is on IG so I started a private account with family & vacation pics so she can see my pics & I can see hers. Then I was toying with doing a fitness, food, & reading focused blog. I decided to do it via IG instead. So I started 2 public accounts, they kinda are blog-ish. One is fitness & books, the other is food. I'm enjoying doing it and following others with similar interests. My public accounts don't include much personal info, they are very general.

JackieB 04-06-18 04:25 PM

I just have jackiebadgeressentrics. Yep, Essentrics and family stuff.

I never really know what to post!

Taramisu 04-08-18 05:56 AM

I have deactivated my Facebook account. It you log in it will activate it again but then you can just deactivate upon logging out. I did log in just to see if I was missing anything after a week and I wasn't. At some point I will probably just delete for good.

I still sort of want to join Instagram but I would just have a private account where I wouldn't post anything but could still follow fan and consumer pages which I believe are public. I would just create some phony username, which frankly I wish I would have done for FB all along. My FB is still there if I want to go back but I don't think I will. I think for me the FB ship has sailed.

I am reading others posts on their blogs, I am kind of interested in doing that too but not sure if I would have anything interesting to say. If I do join I will have to check those out though, I like reading blogs.

You Tube is my favorite though, I am on there more than any other website. You can choose what to watch, that is kind of my escape.

bee 04-08-18 11:33 AM

Note that Instagram is owned by Facebook -- in case people are philosophically opposed to all of their practices. I live in Silicon Valley (sort of) so I'm not sure if that's an obvious fact to the rest of the world -- my apologies if so.

I'm not happy with all that happened, of course, and I haven't used fb for much in quite a while but am now using it nearly daily for ART streaming. If it weren't for that I'd give it up, but...... not sure if I could give up instagram at this point, though I am fairly anonymous there. I never linked my fb and instagram.

antbuko 04-08-18 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taramisu (Post 2768399)
I have deactivated my Facebook account. It you log in it will activate it again but then you can just deactivate upon logging out. I did log in just to see if I was missing anything after a week and I wasn't. At some point I will probably just delete for good.

I still sort of want to join Instagram but I would just have a private account where I wouldn't post anything but could still follow fan and consumer pages which I believe are public. I would just create some phony username, which frankly I wish I would have done for FB all along. My FB is still there if I want to go back but I don't think I will. I think for me the FB ship has sailed.

I am reading others posts on their blogs, I am kind of interested in doing that too but not sure if I would have anything interesting to say. If I do join I will have to check those out though, I like reading blogs.

You Tube is my favorite though, I am on there more than any other website. You can choose what to watch, that is kind of my escape.

I did the same thing with Facebook this week. Social Media is a time suck and I found I really am not missing anything. I'd like to delete it too but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I follow people on Instagram but I don't go on very often. I don't take pictures, I'm just not good at it. I love Youtube and I use a feeder app for blogs.