Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - Week of Nov 8 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229775)

Cher 11-08-20 06:21 AM

Total Max Mixers - Week of Nov 8

Starting us off for the week.

Workout yesterday was Low Max Step Combos Only premix....warm-up through combo 3and Pump Upper Back & Biceps. It’s going to be a beautiful day here so I’m going to try to get out for a walk later when it warms up a bit.

Waves to everyone!

JBliff 11-08-20 01:31 PM

My workout yesterday was LITE Metabolic Training + core. Friday's workout was ICE RESE KB.

Cher
- The weather is beautiful here too. DH is talking about going kayaking tomorrow. I told him it'll depend on how sleep I get the night before :)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on getting to sleep. It sounds like we're all struggling a bit. I do try to not watch TV or read on my tablet before bedtime but it's tough to break yourself out of the habit.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 11-08-20 05:16 PM

JB, so many people recommend reading before bed to fall asleep more easily. Am I the only person who can't put a novel down and have sometimes read till 2 AM to finish it?? A good example of how different people are. I forgot to mention I listen to music or nature sounds on Insight Timer nearly every night in bed. I have a bluetooth earband with headphones in it so no cords to strangle me and it's comfortable to sleep in.

We had warm weather all week. It was so weird to be barefoot outside in November! It's in the 70s again today but Tuesday's high is supposed to be 39 with rain. Tmrw it's supposed to rain pretty much all day but not cool off as much as Tuesday.

karjoy 11-08-20 06:08 PM

I love reading these posts about sleep tips! I can read or use my phone or tablet right up to lights out and it does not seem to interfere with sleep. Mine is more a waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. I don’t take anything now but I used to. I guess Melatonin is the best.

Had a fun workout today. The local ruck club had a Badass Babes workout and it raised money for homeless female veterans. It was 5 miles of rucking with 3 workouts thrown in, the longest 35 minutes. It was pretty hard but not brutally hard and the whole thing took 3 hours. We did squats, burpees, lunges etc.

Vannie I usually fall asleep when reading but there is the occasional book that has me awake till 2 am. Wow 70 degrees is warm for you guys.

Cher how is your DH doing with retirement?

Hey Jbliff and everyone, anyone have to fall asleep with the TV on? My friend does.

Gibbee check in when it feels right, kareng

Cher 11-09-20 06:46 AM

It was just beautiful here yesterday so I went walk. I got about 20 minutes into it a DS called and said he was picking up the puppy and asked if I wanted to walk with them so walked back towards home to meet them then went for a walk with them. Not sure how long I actually walked. Guessing maybe 50 minutes total??? Another warm day today so may get out for a walk this afternoon again.

JBliff - I found I will still wake up in the night whether I watch TV or read on my Kindle before bed or not. In fact, if I just go to bed without reading, I usually wake more. I think because I didn’t do that “wind down” time in bed. If I read on my iPad/kindle, I do put the background of my book to black instead of white before bed. I don’t know if it makes a difference but it’s not so bright.

Vannie - I’m lucky when I read before bed if I make it 3 pages before falling asleep. :o Your Tuesday weather will be here I think on Wednesday.

Karen - Your Badass Babes workout sounds fun but tough! DH is doing okay being retired. He gets a little bored but we did get the basement cleaned out a little last week and since it’s been so nice the last few days, he’s been doing yard cleanup. My sister sleeps with her TVs on. I can’t stand that. It keeps waking me up. I have had it on until I fell asleep sometimes but put the sleep timer on to shut off. Normal I have it off and read unless there is something I want to watch or to tired to read.

Cher 11-10-20 07:45 AM

Yesterday workout was Perfect Pump TS Total Body Premix, then I added on lower body bonus and extended stretch. Premix was pretty good for 30 minutes. I could’ve used a little more lower body which was why I added the bonus but still worth doing for a quick total body.

Going to be tired today. I fell asleep at 10:00 last night, then my SIL called at 11:00 and woke me up needing peroxide. Her puppy ate some raisins and those are bad for dogs. (She could die). Vet said to give her 1/4 tblsp of peroxide to make her vomit. If she didn’t vomit, do it again and if she still didn’t vomit, she’d have to bring her in. My peroxide was old so Joseph went to the store got more and took it over. Luckily she puked pretty quickly. Of course by this time I’m wide awake and was up until 2 am. Went to bed and back up at 6:30. Workout is probably only going to be a Leslie workout or a walk since it will be nice out.

JBliff 11-10-20 01:10 PM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning and Perfect30 Lower Body + extended stretch in the afternoon.

Cher
- I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night. I am beyond tired. No matter what I do I couldn't go back to sleep. Ugh.

Karjoy
- We've never put a TV in our bedroom so we never have it on while we're trying to sleep. I do try to read a paperback or hardback before bed to avoid the blue light. I have read that blue light doesn't necessarily prevent you from falling asleep, but that it disrupts your sleep pattern.

Vannie - I have been known to stay up half the night trying to finish a book.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.

karjoy 11-10-20 06:01 PM

Hi guys. The heat and humidity have crept back to Florida and it gets to about 84 during the day with super high humidities. This is because of a late tropical storm. Three of us ran this morning and it was so muggy that Cindy had to give up and walk. Her heart rate got too high. Rest day yesterday.

I wish I had an easy answer for sleep problems since we all seem to be struggling some with that. I have heard that biofeedback has been somewhat successful
And maybe there is a way to do that online via a Zoom meeting with someone like a psychologist?

Covid is surging pretty badly down here in Florida. So sad and disappointing.

Vannie are you still having warm weather?

Night, kareng

Vantreesta 11-10-20 11:24 PM

My brain is tired so just a check in tonight, no personals. My uncle passed away yesterday and aunt's test came back positive. We are completely ice covered with snow on top of that. We didn't walk at all today. Cyric threw up a couple times last night, once this morning and again while I was making supper tonight. He seems to be doing better now. He refused supper last night and breakfast this morning but he chose to eat tonight. Hopefully whatever it was is out of his system.

We were at my father-in-law's over the wknd. I was a slug and my body wasn't happy about it, but I did make a cute Santa bottle or Mason jar cozy. Yesterday I had to get groceries and still undecorating so I never worked out. Today I did Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 5, a 15-minute beginner rebounder workout from San Fran Fitness on YT, Zumba 20-Minute Express, Crossrope 14-Day Beginner Challenge day 8 (I started this in February!) and day 6 of the DYY Anti Back Pain challenge. I ordered a replacement monitor for my rower so I'm putting off Rowvember till that comes. Spent the rest of the day undecorating and watching more movies. I should finish packing everything up tmrw finally. I hope so anyway! The house looks like a disaster and I'm looking forward to getting it back in order.

Cher 11-11-20 06:43 AM

Only ended up going on about a 30 minute walk yesterday. I was so tired and so busy all day. I even managed 11,427 steps despite only actually going for that 30 minute walk.

JBliff - That’s how my day was yesterday.....no matter what, I had no time for a nap. I find I don’t sleep any different whether I read on my iPad, my Reg kindle (no back light) or a book. I still sleep crappy.

Karen - Covid is surging here too. Yesterday was the highest total we’ve had since about the end of April. :(

Vannie - I’m so sorry to hear about your uncle passing away and your aunt testing positive. ((Hugs)). No snow here yet thank goodness. I hope Cyric is doing better today.

Waves Gibbee!