Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What is up with Level 6 of Hipcentric? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=170000)

Becky 08-27-11 07:23 AM

What is up with Level 6 of Hipcentric?

So I have been doing Hipcentric for several months now and have really been enjoying it. No... loving it! :love:

I find the muscular structure work very difficult but enjoyable, with zero dread factor. I also notice around day 4 of each level, I feel stronger and am able to keep up with Tracy.

And then came Level 6. :eek: I've done three days so far and I'm still confused.

I actually love the arm and ab work on this level, but when she gets to the floor, I have to pause the DVD player over and over and over. She is in some of the weirdest positions, I just can't figure it out. I feel like I'm not doing it right because it's not burning like before. And I keep having to stop to watch the television, which also slows down the burn.

And then, she doesn't do the same thing on the second side! :confused: And she say's "We'll do 30 of these" and she does 20 or 40!

I have been cussing a lot more than usual when working out to TA on this level. :o

Anyone else find this level confusing?

MelissaR 08-27-11 07:56 AM

I'm on level 8 now, but I remember a level being really confusing; I can't remember exactly what level it was, it must have been 6. I couldn't wait to get through all 10 days of that level. This is definitely a unique program. There are some things I don't like about it, such as the lack of cuing & being on all fours for so long that my wrists hurt, but the pros out weigh the cons. I'm not doing her cardio at all, if I have time, I'll do an RKS kettlebell workout otherwise, I skip the cardio. I like the results I'm getting nonetheless. Now that you're on level 6, have you thought about what you're going to do next? Repeat Hipcentric? Move on to Continuity? I've been debating about doing Continuity. It seems like such a waste of money to buy the program & only do it once. I'm curious to see if anyone has repeated the program & maintained their results.

Good luck & stick with level 6, it gets better.
Mel

sweatmonger 08-27-11 08:20 AM

If Level 6 has you cussing, wait til Level 7 Buahahahah... ;)
7 Hip and Omni are the same, and I remember the talk about 7 in our check-in wasn't pleasant. Just stick with it, it's not forever!

Becky 08-27-11 08:25 AM

Thanks Mel. I'm definitely going to stick with it because the results have been amazing! I've lost about 4 pounds so far, but that's after losing 14 pounds before doing Meta, and I was at a plateau for months, so that's saying a lot to me. Plus I've lost over an inch on my hips and an inch on my thighs since doing meta. :D

I too, don't do her cardio. I prefer running or spinning or Christi Taylor for dance. I will admit, I've never even tried TA's cardio but I've previewed it and it looks like shin splints waiting to happen. :p

I got Hipcentric off QVC so I got the first 30 days of continuity (Workouts 10-12). That should take me through the first week of November, and then I plan on doing Leah's periodization.

I also have the whole Perfect Design Series and haven't even looked at them yet, so that's a thought.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's good to know others were confused too. ;)

Becky 08-27-11 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweatmonger (Post 1876645)
If Level 6 has you cussing, wait til Level 7 Buahahahah... ;)
7 Hip and Omni are the same, and I remember the talk about 7 in our check-in wasn't pleasant. Just stick with it, it's not forever!

Yikes! :eek:

It looks like I have a lot of previewing in my future.

I may have to go check out that check-in. :)

traceym1 08-27-11 09:54 AM

i also think some levels are not meant to be as "hard" or maybe "burn" as much as others. She answered some questions somewhere and said there was a reason for what she does and what she is doing to prepare for the future. Just thought I'd throw that in to make ya feel better.

Becky 08-27-11 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceym1 (Post 1876689)
i also think some levels are not meant to be as "hard" or maybe "burn" as much as others. She answered some questions somewhere and said there was a reason for what she does and what she is doing to prepare for the future. Just thought I'd throw that in to make ya feel better.

Actually, that does make me feel better. :) And it makes sense. Whatever she's been doing all this time sometimes has me scratching my head, but it's working, so I won't complain anymore... well, until level 7. ;)

Funny thing, I saw my sister today whom I haven't seen since Christmas. She was so surprised at how I look. She asked me what I was doing, and I told her about Meta. She had to write everything down and said she was off to buy it from QVC as soon as I left.

I wonder if I can get some sort of commission from TA? ;)

Pie 08-27-11 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1876646)
I too, don't do her cardio. I prefer running or spinning or Christi Taylor for dance. I will admit, I've never even tried TA's cardio but I've previewed it and it looks like shin splints waiting to happen. :p

I did the cardio DVD one time and couldn't bring myself to do it again. Too much impact. I tried it on my rebounder and totally loved it. No dread and actually kind of fun..... :D

MARIKA 08-27-11 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=Becky;1876977]Actually, that does make me feel better. :) And it makes sense. Whatever she's been doing all this time sometimes has me scratching my head, but it's working, so I won't complain anymore... well, until level 7. ;)

ITA about some of the movements.I'm on Level 6 of Omni, my Level 5 doesnt play. The moves on this one are not difficult but man can I feel them. I hate though when she says arabesque & she clearly is kicking:confused: Then the angles are hard to see. She says one thing but does another. BUT it's working. If you saw the last time when she was on QVC, and all the followers were showing off their abs, THATS ME!! I can't get over the difference in my abs. I'm showing mine off all the time too!

Becky 08-28-11 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 1876993)
I did the cardio DVD one time and couldn't bring myself to do it again. Too much impact. I tried it on my rebounder and totally loved it. No dread and actually kind of fun..... :D

That figures. I just sold my rebounder at a garage sale.

And for some reason, now I want one. ;)