Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Body Opinions & Questions etc (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=192624)

novadancer 05-09-13 09:52 AM

While I may not be ready for 5 inch inseams like Shammy, I too at 43 am seeing way better results with DB than anything I've used in the past 3 years (gained dreaded 10 lbs between turning 40 & repeated ivf's).
I have been doing them about 3 - 5 days a week (all except for toning & tabata i've yet to try that!) for the past 6 weeks and have definitely seen improvements all over my body (waist, arms, legs, butt). I even decied to pull out BTM last night and did not struggle with it the way I usually do!! I still prefer DB to toniques as I just can't tolerate the endless reps :(

Yelly 05-09-13 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodlepants (Post 2227245)
You will not like this if you don't like non-stop talking in Denise Austin-type voices. The music is very quiet and used for back ground, it doesn't drive the workout. I do wish the warm up/cool down were a touch longer.

Like I said, it moves, but you don't have to move at lightning speed. Make it your own. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaS (Post 2227422)
+1 on the Denise Austin comment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 2227431)
The leader of the Bikini Bootcamp DVD even sounds like Denise Austin :)

Ugh, great!! I cannot stand Denise Austin's voice! Hopefully I'll be too busy huffing and puffing to let it bother me. Guess I'll find out when I get them today. :D

altinker 05-09-13 10:04 AM

I think the bikini workout is easier than the first one. I was able to do 15 minutes and could have kept going if I didn't have to get ready for work.

caligurl 05-09-13 10:15 AM

NOW you tell us about the denise austin sound alike......

momofcha 05-09-13 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altinker (Post 2227439)
I think the bikini workout is easier than the first one. I was able to do 15 minutes and could have kept going if I didn't have to get ready for work.

Bikini Bootcamp is by far the easiest for me - but the floor section is killer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligurl (Post 2227445)
NOW you tell us about the denise austin sound alike......

I did mention it when I first got the set back in December. I'm not a fan of DA, but I enjoy this workout so much I don't even notice it.

peanutgrl 05-09-13 10:41 AM

Fusion with Darby (disc 1) I just couldn't get into, it was a bit on the boring side. Then I put in Fusion with Brooke (disc 5) and WOW, it was excellent!

bee 05-09-13 10:44 AM

Yep, I think Bikini Bootcamp is the least favorite for me. I cannot tolerate Denise Austin, but this gal doesn't bug me like DA does. I'm not sure why it's my least favorite but it's not about her voice.

I loved an earlier comment in this thread about owning it and making it your own workout -- that's how to approach these and you will love them (I think). I am also having great results (at 51) but I also credit BTM and Energy Mat, too. I'm really only managing to hit DB about once a week -- maybe twice.

caligurl 05-09-13 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammy902 (Post 2227450)

I did mention it when I first got the set back in December. I'm not a fan of DA, but I enjoy this workout so much I don't even notice it.

i wasn't reading the threads back then..... and even when the sale came out i pretty much only looked at the threads linked to the thread announcing the sale...

i'm excited to try them!

Rose Ohio 05-09-13 10:47 AM

I received my DVDs yesterday. I did Bikini Bootcamp this morning. I stopped before the toning segment. These are seriously challenging. There is a modifier which makes it doable, and I just went at my own pace. Got a really awesome workout!

I previewed the original Dream Body workout with the bubbles. I don't think I like it. I will probably try it once at least. Moves way too fast and reps you to death. This one might be going in the trade pile.:love:

I don't think I will do a rotation with these, but they have a place in my workout schedule. I am going to start JNL Fusion in a week. I will try and do some different things as well. Overall I am glad I bought the DB Set. It was a great price!:heart:

hotncmom 05-09-13 12:23 PM

I am in NC. My mail just came...NO Dreambody package :mad: There have been no further updates to the tracking, even though it says expected delivery is today. As far as I know these are still in Austin. I am not a happy camper right now. I was really looking forward to starting a new rotation of these and was planning to do one of the workouts today.