Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Body Opinions & Questions etc (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=192624)

edensmom 05-12-13 10:52 PM

Nvm

LeanneM 05-13-13 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holliholli915 (Post 2228819)
I thought I heard that Darby recommended doing these everyday going in order with cardio in between. So confused -- should it be everyday or every other day?

Yes, she did say to do them every other day in order, with cardio on the in-between days (e.g., DB 1, cardio, DB 2, cardio, etc.). I've just been doing some of them against that recommendation. :)

koinonia 05-13-13 10:14 AM

I'm shopping for resistance bands. Any recommendations? How long do they need to be?

hotncmom 05-13-13 11:27 AM

Just finished Barre. Thoughts:

1) No warm up? Again? Glad I rebounded a bit before starting

2) First section (20 minutes) is hard for me. I thought I was in better shape! Mountain climbers, pushups, deep jumping lunges, and OMG I blocked out the light weight/band stuff for a minute but my arms burned like hell. In a good way, of course.

3) Second section was barre. Meh. She had us on one leg for so long that yes my standing leg was fried but I think P57 is more balanced in terms of standing barre and ab work. I can't believe it but I felt nothing in my inner thighs during the ball squeeze sections. My Fluidity ball is a bit flat, but still. Didn't feel worked during the ab section either.

I am going to try and stick with the rotation as is as much as possible for 6-8 weeks, but I've already decided to sub Tonique Premier for Bikini Bootcamp, so I don't want to make another substitution. I did like the first section. Maybe it will grow on me.

lavna 05-13-13 11:42 AM

I did Barre yesterday.
So far, it has been the easiest for me (I'm doing them in order). For me, the first two were more intense cadio-wise than this one.
The first part was tough for the shoulders. I had to change weights and even drop them a couple of times!
For the barre section, my standing leg worked harder than the one I was lifting! I too did not feel much in the inner thighs but I used a deflated basket ball (was the only thing I had!)!!! I need to get a playground ball.
The abs section was easy but I think that it's because my ball was too big.
As with other workouts, the modifier often forgot to modify! But also, the advanced exerciser seemed to have a hard time being advanced! I think she would have wished to be the lower intensity modifier! I noticed that when Sadie was not looking, she was lowering her intensity but the moment Sadie turned around towards her, she went back to higher intensity! :D

Nathalie

isebelleg44 05-13-13 12:31 PM

Does anyone if only barre uses the play ground ball? I ordered a ball from Amazon, but probably won't get it until the middle of the week. Does Fusion use it too As you can tell, I don't do previews.;)

TIA!:)

Rhonda 05-13-13 12:40 PM

I did bikini bootcamp this morning. I liked the first part and will probably skip the floor next time.

So far have done three of the workouts. Trying to figure out what type of rotation to do. May try what Darby suggested every other day with cardio

Rhonda

LeanneM 05-13-13 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isebelleg44 (Post 2229104)
Does anyone if only barre uses the play ground ball? I ordered a ball from Amazon, but probably won't get it until the middle of the week. Does Fusion use it too As you can tell, I don't do previews.;)

TIA!:)

I think it's just the barre workout that uses it. Do you have a P57 ball? That's what I've been using.

The two Fusion ones use a larger stability ball. :)

Yelly 05-13-13 01:51 PM

I just finished Barre. I agree a lot with what has been said - the first part was just killer! I thought it was really intense, and I felt like a total wimp at times :) I also felt nothing in my inner thighs during the ball squeezes. When she was saying "if your legs aren't shaking, you're not doing it right", I thought, well, I guess I'm not. And yeah, the floor abs were basically a no-burner. But, I actually liked this workout. The one time during the first part, the instructor said something to the effect of - "I know you hate me right now. You can go ahead and call me bad names", it cracked me up, because I was already thinking it! I'm glad to have a barre workout in this mix :)

LeanneM 05-13-13 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaia (Post 2229146)
I also felt nothing in my inner thighs during the ball squeezes. When she was saying "if your legs aren't shaking, you're not doing it right", I thought, well, I guess I'm not.

I've found that if I go down just a teensy bit lower in this move and really focus on my quads (but not so low that my bad knees act up), I can get them to really feel the burn and shake. If I'm up too high, my legs don't feel it at all, but that tiny drop downwards really helps get things shaking!