Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What do folks think about the new CIA 2900 series? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=132793)

roleez 04-29-09 03:36 PM

I did Seasun's workout on Monday, I had a hard time catching on to the choreography but I think after a couple more times I'll get it (I hope). It was a lot to follow along with first thing in the morning & I got a bit frustrated but my HR still stayed up there & according to my HR monitor, I still burned a bunch of calories (about 900 overall). The plank work was good, as usual with Seasun. My abs were really sore yesterday!

I did part of Amy's yesterday, combos 1-3 with the surges. Yes, the first surge was pretty tough with all the up & downs! I really had fun with this workout & can't wait to try it the whole way through.

Both workouts had great music & I'm very pleased with them!

DHKWriter 04-29-09 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roleez (Post 1337187)
I did Seasun's workout on Monday, I had a hard time catching on to the choreography but I think after a couple more times I'll get it (I hope). It was a lot to follow along with first thing in the morning & I got a bit frustrated but my HR still stayed up there & according to my HR monitor, I still burned a bunch of calories (about 900 overall).

900! My HRM showed me burning about 225 for the first half, and only 500 for all of Amy's today. I would love 900!

Donna K

caligurl 04-29-09 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roleez (Post 1337187)
I still burned a bunch of calories (about 900 overall).

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't even burn that much on spinervals!!!!! i can usually plan on about 600 an hour for spinervals..... 900 on a step workout? :eek:

ddj 04-29-09 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHKWriter (Post 1337204)
900! My HRM showed me burning about 225 for the first half, and only 500 for all of Amy's today. I would love 900!

Donna K

Me, too. I never burn anywhere near that much. I'm lucky to get 300 during a tough workout!

ddj 04-29-09 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi (Post 1337130)
I did the Surge Premix from Amy's Kickbox Surge and it was tough. I also loved the med ball core section. I have not done the rest of the workout yet, but I can't wait to give it a try. I plan on learning one combo at a time after or before my regular workout. I think Amy's workouts get better and better. The music is rockin, the choreography is interesting, the surges are tough, and I'm going to love this as much as I love ITR (I'm so surprised by how many people don't like ITR...it's one of my FAVES!!!) I have to say that I agree with another poster who posted on Amy's forum, this may be her best yet! Amy knows how to bring fun into a kick butt workout!:)

Is that just the surges? Wow, I'll bet that was tough! I loved this workout, it's definitely her best kickbox workout ever, and up there as one of the best overall. I had trouble with that last surge, and a bit of trouble with the last combo, but other than that, it was easy to learn. When I previewed it, it looked a bit repetitive and I was afraid it might get a bit boring, but it didn't. I loved it.

roleez 04-29-09 05:11 PM

Quote:

i can usually plan on about 600 an hour for spinervals..... 900 on a step workout?
My workout time was about 80 minutes because I ended up repeating one of the segments an extra time to try to get the moves down. I had my pedometer on & already had over my 10,000 steps for the day when I was done with the workout Monday morning.

I don't know how accurate HR monitors are with calorie burn but hopefully they are somewhat accurate. I have a Timex one that was recommended here a few months back & I love it! My HR averaged about 145 or so for the workout and I'm 5' 5" (and a half:o), about 128 pounds.

KathAL79 04-29-09 06:58 PM

Thanks for the reviews! I'm planning on trying Amy's later this week (will report back when I get to it).

I'm still wavering on regretting not preordering Seasun's, but I have so many complex step workouts I've still yet to try or finish mastering...

tara426 04-29-09 07:04 PM

I have loved Amy's and Tonya's. I couldn't get Seasun's. I don't know if I ever will.
Anyway, is anyone going to buy the gymstick because of getting the gymstick workout for free? I watched it. it looks pretty good with good music as well.
the music on this series really does rock. love it.
I didn't think Tonya's workout was only an intermediate as Collage says. I'd rate it as an intermediate-advanced.

kimmie2191 04-29-09 07:48 PM

Was anyone else besides mine, a plain dvd w/ black lettering?

Kim

Karen Beckwith 04-29-09 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tara426 (Post 1337333)
Anyway, is anyone going to buy the gymstick because of getting the gymstick workout for free? I watched it. it looks pretty good with good music as well.

I looked at the Gymstick website and IIRC, the gymstick was $80. I think the workout does look pretty good but I'm not going to pay $80 for equipment for one DVD. It's too bad, really.