Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What do folks think about the new CIA 2900 series? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=132793)

Conni 05-07-09 07:08 AM

I did Amy's workout this morning, and I think I like it. The first combo was the hardest for me to get, but after that I was just fine. I like the format alot, I usually skip the parts in her other workouts where you repeat 2 combos and the 2 intervals, but this one just kept going to the next combo and surge. Fine by me! I really liked the music for the last combos.
What did you think of the med ball section? I am lukewarm on it for now, I just didn't think it was that much of a core challenge.
It was higher impact, but somehow it wasn't really crazy hi impact like All Cardio Knockout.

sundari 05-07-09 07:28 AM

I liked Tonya's "Step Surge". Did the whole workout. The music and workout were both fun.

caligurl 05-07-09 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conni (Post 1341306)
What did you think of the med ball section? I am lukewarm on it for now, I just didn't think it was that much of a core challenge.

i like it a lot! i agree that it doesn't seem to be all that challenging.... but it's fun! and it's different... not just your typical crunches!

i decided to do it again this morning (the whole workout.... not just the core section) ... this time with weighted gloves.... it seemed about the same as when i did it sunday???? so not sure if i should bother wering them next time, or not?

Jennifer P. 05-07-09 05:53 PM

Well, I did Amy's workout on Tuesday. I was scared I wouldn't be able to fit it into my space, but I managed. I do regard it as a space hog workout, though. It might just be me, as I like to use a lot of room, & I have a hard time modifying that aspect of a workout. Aanyway, it was a lot of fun. Next time, I will have to do all of the tuck jumps to boost the intensity, I didn't start doing them until later on in the workout, & I could've used a little intensity boost earlier.

I am not that great with kickbox choregraphy, but I manged to get most of the workout. I even managed to get the last surge once or twice! I had to do jump kicks for the switch kicks, I couldn't figure those out.

I did Tonya's again this morning, & this time I did the workout as it is, cardio & weights. It was fun, but the weights weren't really that effective IMHO. I used fairly light weights, a 10 lb. db for the plies & triceps (if I do the weights again, I would use 12 there) & 8 lbs. for the biceps curls & squat/lunge series. I also substituted a one legged deadlift & back row (w/ 8 lb. db's) for the last strength surge, which was a rear leg lift with front delts & crunching the leg & abs in--my back got sore with all the pulses & other variations. Tonya does a lot of tempo variations for the strength sections. I might be interested in her strength workout, I liked the pulsing variations, I didn't feel it too much in my triceps (overhead extensions while doing plie squats.) In any case, I liked the step workout, & I liked the music, & I'm glad I got this workout. Now, I have to get the nerve up to try Seasun's--it looks like a doozy.

MuscleGuy 05-08-09 01:03 PM

I did Kim's Combat Surge today. I did the med ball premix followed by the body bar premix. It was easy to follow, challenging enough, and the moves make you feel empowered and strong rather than just wanting to collapse in a sweaty heap.

I really liked it. A definite keeper. I really like dynamic moves with weighted objects such as the med ball and body bar.

Adam

pumptmuscle 05-08-09 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleGuy (Post 1342126)
I did Kim's Combat Surge today. I did the med ball premix followed by the body bar premix. It was easy to follow, challenging enough, and the moves make you feel empowered and strong rather than just wanting to collapse in a sweaty heap.

I really liked it. A definite keeper. I really like dynamic moves with weighted objects such as the med ball and body bar.

Adam

I just ordered this one plus Amy's Kickbox Surge. The CIA sale made it too good to pass up.

MuscleGuy 05-08-09 03:02 PM

I'm sure you'll like this one, Bob!

Adam

Lucky Star 05-08-09 04:17 PM

Quote:

It was easy to follow, challenging enough, and the moves make you feel empowered and strong rather than just wanting to collapse in a sweaty heap.

That's why I enjoyed it too! I don't want to feel drained after a workout and it was so empowering (corny, I know, but believe me I never use this word) doing the combat portion. In that sense it reminds me of shovelgloving with a sledgehammer. Definitely feels more functional and therapeutic than lifting dumbbells, kwim?

I'm thinking of getting that Greg Sims live combat DVD, even though it has poor production values.

RedPanda 05-08-09 05:03 PM

Quote:

I did Kim's Combat Surge today... It was easy to follow, challenging enough, and the moves make you feel empowered and strong rather than just wanting to collapse in a sweaty heap.

Me too. I just did it the full workout and enjoyed it. I agree that it's not a sweatfest, but I feel I got a really good workout. The Bodybar blocks and strikes were fun! :sun:

RedPanda 05-08-09 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Star (Post 1342252)
I'm thinking of getting that Greg Sims live combat DVD, even though it has poor production values.

[Pricks up ears] Do you have a link?