Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any more thoughts on Dream Body Cardio Series 5 DVD Set? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=196026)

desie 09-02-13 06:26 PM

Any more thoughts on Dream Body Cardio Series 5 DVD Set?

For those who have tried the DB cardio dvds, how would you compare them with other workouts you have? I only just viewed the clip at totalfitnessdvds, and I am a little intrigued. (I have read through the original VF thread on these, but sometimes people who have cast them aside do not like to post on a rave thread.)

momofcha 09-03-13 06:54 AM

I really don't think there is a true "rave" thread on these. I think people either love them or hate them. There isn't really an in-between that I have noticed.

I still love them and use them all regularly. My opinion hasn't changed.

gilbjeter 01-12-14 08:01 PM

Any updates on this series? As far as results? I bought this set a while back but haven't really gotten into it. I have been doing some heavy lifting but getting bored. Would love to hear your slimming and or definition results you are getting with the cardio series!

LoveVA 01-12-14 08:16 PM

I should do my Dream Body workouts more frequently than I do. However, I will say that the Dream Body workouts target the thighs better than any other workout series I have. When I use these consistently, with or without Tonique, my thighs are noticeably slimmer.

bayportsmom 01-12-14 08:28 PM

I really like these! But since I still have 10 "holiday pounds" to deal with, and I don't do them exclusively, I can't really speak to the results. Once the pounds are down, I'm hoping for that leg definition people talk about :).

Right now I'm alternating a Dreambody, harder Barre (p57 for me), And Zuzka (I try to do a weight, rope, & cardio together). Then there is the gym....usually Body Pump and /or Turbo......so who knows what will happen! :)

The Fusion Fitness girls come up with some creative and fun moves. I like that I can use my gliders, bands, playground ball, big ball etc..... Wall squats while squeezing a ball between your legs while moving little 2 pound weights til your arms fall off? torture AND fun!! Just when one body part has had it, you move on and torture another one. :). They help with endurance a lot!!

My only complaint is the lack of a warm up. I enjoy them a lot more if I do something else first.

prettyinpink 01-12-14 08:30 PM

I actually like the first set better, though I have a hard time pinpointing why.

violingal3 01-12-14 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyinpink (Post 2347019)
I actually like the first set better, though I have a hard time pinpointing why.

ITA. I prefer the first series, but I'll keep the cardio series around for variety (I like MILF and inTENse the best). I think there is more of a "focus" in each workout from the first set - is there such a thing with DB?! LOL The cardio series seems more go-go-go. I appreciate their creativity in providing new moves to keep things fresh, but sometimes I think they're a little too out there/awkward (i.e. the Bootcamp workout - hello! :confused:). So unless I do these all the time, I'm always kind of like a fish out of water doing them. :p

Honestly, I love the Original and Bump the best out of the bunch. :love:

ETA - still the best inner thigh toning around for me...lots of great tricep and quad definition anytime I stick with these, too.

eannem 01-13-14 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violingal3 (Post 2347026)
ITA. I prefer the first series, but I'll keep the cardio series around for variety (I like MILF and inTENse the best). I think there is more of a "focus" in each workout from the first set - is there such a thing with DB?! LOL The cardio series seems more go-go-go. I appreciate their creativity in providing new moves to keep things fresh, but sometimes I think they're a little too out there/awkward (i.e. the Bootcamp workout - hello! :confused:). So unless I do these all the time, I'm always kind of like a fish out of water doing them. :p

same here (but dont have bump). the cardio series gives me some dread. but it did burn a lot of calories so i try to talk myself into them once in a while. milf and intense are my favorites of that set too. i modify milf a lot and really like the floor work in the 2nd half. the original is still my fave with fusion from the 1st set a close 2nd. both of those have great inner thigh work.

bee1forfitness 01-13-14 08:32 AM

Quote:

ETA - still the best inner thigh toning around for me...lots of great tricep and quad definition anytime I stick with these, too.

I would like to know which one you're saying that you prefer is it this one
Dream Body Workout Series 5 DVD Set

LeanneM 01-13-14 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyinpink (Post 2347019)

I still LOVE the Cardio set, but also prefer the original set. Batta Barre, which is in the Cardio set, though, is one of my faves.

Quote:

I still need to get the Bump DVD! It sounds like people really like it! Is it less intense than the others?

The first set also does wonders for my inner thighs because of all the stability ball work. The Cardio set's use of the Gliding Disks, though, is also great for my legs.

violingal3 01-13-14 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee1forfitness (Post 2347114)
I would like to know which one you're saying that you prefer is it this one
Dream Body Workout Series 5 DVD Set

Yes, that's the one! I love all the workouts (especially the barre workout - it's perfection to me :love:), it makes for a fun and challenging week if you just plan on knocking one out each day. :sun:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanneM (Post 2347160)
I still need to get the Bump DVD! It sounds like people really like it! Is it less intense than the others?

Oh, not at all!!! The only saving grace is that the cool down/stretch at the end is a bit longer than most DB workouts. I think the only thing that makes this a prenatal workout is the fact that there are no crunches - just lots of standing oblique work and core work. I like to pair this with the original because that one really hits the crunches hard - so I feel balanced between the two. You will get your fill of evil gliding discs and grueling toning (I have a note not to exceed 1 lb dumbbells for this one - lol), don't worry about the intensity, it is there! :D

daisyfit 01-13-14 10:39 AM

Love these workouts, they're fun to do, time flies by and even though they are super hard, they are doable with a few breaks.

LeanneM 01-13-14 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violingal3 (Post 2347184)

Oh, not at all!!! The only saving grace is that the cool down/stretch at the end is a bit longer than most DB workouts. I think the only thing that makes this a prenatal workout is the fact that there are no crunches - just lots of standing oblique work and core work. I like to pair this with the original because that one really hits the crunches hard - so I feel balanced between the two. You will get your fill of evil gliding discs and grueling toning (I have a note not to exceed 1 lb dumbbells for this one - lol), don't worry about the intensity, it is there! :D

What have I been waiting for?! :p I've had it in my shopping cart at Mary's for ages . . . and am off to order it now! Thanks! :)

gilbjeter 01-13-14 06:37 PM

Thanks all for responding!

kariev34 01-13-14 07:19 PM

You all are making me want to pull out these DVDs. It's been a while. I have bump also and agree that it's awesome!

DebbieRN 01-14-14 05:27 AM

Seeing this thread is revived so thought I'd ask for advice. My sister thought this (not the cardio one) was too advanced for her but I had already bought her the Dream Body Workout Series 5 DVD Set so I just kept it, unopened, thinking I'd sell it or trade it this past Christmas. Still have it and it never occurred to me someone may want it more than the newer Dream Body Cardio Series 5 DVD Set they have.

I'd love even a slightly used copy of the Cardio Series if I could just trade it. I've never sold just prefer to give them away, but I would really love a trade here. Any trustworthy souls here or know of someone wanting a new first set for a used second (lol, in a nutshell) The pricing is different so thought it would be a headache but any advice is welcome.

Debbie

ebianco 01-14-14 01:23 PM

I got the cardio set during the wintertime sale (Cyber Monday maybe?) and already use the original set all the time. I'm just getting to actually using them this month, and have already done Fusion 50 and LOOOOVED it! It was cardio intense and really gave me DOMS too, I guess because it was new moves from the original set.

I also did about half of Intense and loved that one too! I knew I would love (and feel incredibly challenged by) those wall squats with upper body work. I think with the cardio emphasis I'll enjoy this set even more than the first set, which I also love (Fusion Mix, Barre 1st half, T&T being my faves/top used).

I am hoping to get to each of them all once in entirety in January (also mixing Tonique BTM, Tapout XT2, and ZCuts) and will check back!