Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Susan Chung favorite? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=203693)

bzbnmom 06-23-14 03:53 PM

Susan Chung favorite?

What is your favorite Susan Chung kickboxing workout? Which one do you like the least?

ETA: I tried one from the library a few years ago (it may have been #2 RF Results) and didn't like it. Like Dela said - boring. Since the workouts seem so popular I thought I'd reconsider.

dela 06-23-14 04:07 PM

I didn't like 1 and 2, although 2 seemed a little better to me so I'll try it again, I didn't bother with 3 since I figured I just wasn't going to like Susan's dvds, but someone's review made me go look at the clips of 4, and I LOVE :love: 4!

4 is just pure cardio kickboxing fun! It even has really good music that fits the workout perfectly. Something about the others I found a little boring and I just couldn't get into them, but it's been so long since I tried 1 and 2 that I can't even remember much about them.

Calistro 06-24-14 02:13 AM

I have dvds 1 & 2 but I have only used them once.

I think that Susan is an excellent instructor and I can tell that she knows her martial arts. I want to like her workouts so badly, but I find her screen personality very dry.

suzannaerin 06-24-14 07:34 AM

I have all four Rapid Fire workouts and agree that the latest release - SWEAT - is fantastic. To be honest, aside from the shadow boxing segment in RF1-which I love, the rest of my Susan Chungs remain virgin workouts. I will get to them eventually. Right now, I'm enjoying all of KCM's kickbox/boxing premixes!

dela 06-24-14 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calistro (Post 2415281)
I have dvds 1 & 2 but I have only used them once.

I think that Susan is an excellent instructor and I can tell that she knows her martial arts. I want to like her workouts so badly, but I find her screen personality very dry.

I was right there with you, but seriously, something changed in #4, it's SO different. Not trying to enable or anything (well, who am I kidding), but this one is just not the same as the others.

BigBadBetty 06-24-14 08:03 AM

I only have 4. I love it! The time just flies by. I like all the different segments that I piece together to make a workout as short or as long as I like. I am choreographically challenged. I can mostly follow this.

deineira 06-24-14 08:10 AM

I also love Rapid Fire 4. I have 3, but have not done it yet, and I don't have 1 or 2, so I cannot compare the workouts in that regard, but I can say that RF 4 is a ton of fun and a great workout.

Irisg1 06-24-14 09:11 AM

I have all 4, and am a big Susan Chung fan. I would say 4 is my favorite, because of the variety in it, but just about each one has been my favorite at some point. I just truly appreciate proper kickboxing form, and Susan Chung is the real deal as far as I'm concerned. :)

Calistro 06-24-14 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dela (Post 2415352)
I was right there with you, but seriously, something changed in #4, it's SO different. Not trying to enable or anything (well, who am I kidding), but this one is just not the same as the others.

Mmm.....

When is Mary's next sale again?:)

I may try 4.

Chomper 06-24-14 12:02 PM

#4 is absolutely my favorite! LOVE it!:heart: