Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Review Lauren Brooks - Sexy Strength and Luscious and Lean (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=219804)

horusosiris 05-14-17 01:12 PM

Lauren Brooks - Sexy Strength and Luscious and Lean

Sexy Strength
Full Workout- 49:13
Warm Up - 5:16
Section 1- 13:41
Section 2- 10:02
Section 3 - 15:30
Cool Down - 4:37

I did Sexy Strength today. It has three sections and four rounds in each section. There are 2-3 exercises in each round. The rep patterns are varied within each round. In some of the rounds you do exercises variations. At the end of each section there is a rest period in which you do mobility exercises. The two background exerciser demonstrate easier variations of the exercise that Lauren does.

Luscious and Lean
Full Workout - 54:12
Warm Up 5:10
Section 1 - 12:48
Section 2 - 19:40
Section 3 - 11:57
Cool Down - 4:33

I did Luscious and Lean yesterday. It was a good workout though a bit repetitive. In each section you choose a kettlebell that is appropriate for your fitness level and the exercise being performed. There were three sections and three rounds of the same exercises in each section. At the end of each section there is a rest period in which you perform mobility exercises. The two background exercisers did variations or modifications of the moves that Lauren did. The third section (this was a timed section rather than the other two which were rep count sections) was a swing section and she did low, medium and high swings.

The workouts are suitable for intermediate and advanced exercisers and for exercisers who are familiar with kettlebell exercises and correct kettlebell form. The form pointers were kept to a minimum.

In both workouts the music is rather nondescript and the volume is very low. The next time I will most likely use my own music. They are exercising against a white backdrop and this made me really miss Lauren’s outdoor workouts.

ADoll 05-14-17 01:32 PM

I'm still debating if I should preorder them. So would you recommend both or just one of the DVDs?

horusosiris 05-14-17 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADoll (Post 2711727)
I'm still debating if I should preorder them. So would you recommend both or just one of the DVDs?

I feel that they are different enough in the exercise selections to justify recommending getting both of the DVDs.

s2546 05-14-17 02:05 PM

Thank you so much horusosiris! this is really helpful appreciate it!

sue

Betty Boop 05-14-17 02:15 PM

Another thank you for the review!

isebelleg44 05-14-17 04:31 PM

Thanks for the review! I am so bummed, that it isn't filmed outside. I noticed that volume is also really low on her last couple of releases.

BTW I miss your Cathe Live reviews!

Dabbadooey 05-14-17 06:04 PM

Those titles are turn offs.

ADoll 05-15-17 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horusosiris (Post 2711731)
I feel that they are different enough in the exercise selections to justify recommending getting both of the DVDs.

Thank you!

s2546 05-15-17 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabbadooey (Post 2711777)
Those titles are turn offs.

I agree I hate the titles but I love Lauren so I purchased

sue

Rhonda 05-16-17 07:10 AM

The titles are horrible. Now debating if I should get them at the price she is offering.