Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shaun T's "Rockin' Body" informercial a special reduced price (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=174437)

sjazz78 12-18-11 10:25 PM

Shaun T's "Rockin' Body" informercial a special reduced price

I saw Shaun T's "Rockin' Body" informercial this am @ 75% off!!!
Sounds great huh, well I almost caved this afternoon until I read the the details closely on the URL="http://getrockinbody.com"]http://getrockinbody.com[/URL].
Apparently, included in the low price (19.95 plus 7.95 s&h) is the following:

"Offer includes a FREE 30-day enrollment in the Online Support Club.**"

Don't get me wrong , the price is great but if you forget to cancel your enrollemnt with the 30 days, you will be charged.

**After your FREE 30-day enrollment, you will continue your VIP access to the Team Beachbody Online Support Club at a cost of just $2.99 a week, billed $38.87 quarterly in advance to the credit card you provide with today's order. Cancel anytime to avoid future charges.

Speaking for myself, I know there's a chance I might forget.
I have to think real hard on this one.

zraipel 12-18-11 11:03 PM

I bit, haha! I am usually good at remembering to cancel these free trial offers, so hopefully I won't forget this one. That price was too good to pass up :)

buttons11 12-18-11 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=sjazz78;1944000
Speaking for myself, I know there's a chance I might forget.
I have to think real hard on this one.[/QUOTE]

sjazz I would think twice myself w/those strings attached
I just ordered mine off amazon used for about $20 total for both Rock it Out & Disco groove sets...did the disco groove this weekend & loved it, but would be sick if I got roped into that 'online support' garbage

sjazz78 12-19-11 12:04 AM

Thanks for both of your post.

I might call the number and see if I can I get the set without it or if nothing else, see if I would some sort of confirmation number or proof of cancellation number just in case there would be a problem. If they wont provide that then that's a deal breaker.
I've dealt with BB in the past and the results were mixed which is why i'm so paranoid. But It is a great deal.

I think I'll also check out Amazon.

zraipel 12-19-11 12:09 AM

I understand what you mean about needing confirmation of a cancellation. I have heard lots of stories of people who have not been happy with Beachbody's customer service, but so far I have purchased about 4 or 5 systems from them and have had things I have needed to contact CS for and they have always fixed things for me immediately with no hassles, so I'm hoping that luck continues for me when it comes time for me to cancel the online service!

sjazz78 12-19-11 08:07 AM

Well this morning I came to a happy medium on my decission.
I was able to get the Rock It Out set at Amazon for 10.00 incl s&h and will try that out to set I how I like it for sure.
Then If I'm really hooked, I'll go for the set.
And to help me remember to cancel the extra online support, I'll actually set the calendar/alarm on my phone and my computer about 7days after I get it to remind me to cancel... that is if they will provide proof of cancellation.
I'm paranoid about this because a few years agoI got a notice form beachbody about still owing some money on an order that I paid for in full about one year earlier. Because I didn't have my paper trail handy I had to cough up the extra $$. I didn't order anything from them for a few years after that. Now when I do see a program that I want, I look to QVC, Amazon or Totalfitnessdvds.com aka Mary, our guardian angel for Vidiots (tee hee)

SpiritSong 12-19-11 09:50 AM

I saw the informercial too, and knew to look for the "catch." There are several systems out there that sell for a low price because the real intent is to get your credit card number and start charging you for some monthly program.

I thought about ordering and then cancelling the program as soon as the DVDs were in my hands, but I really don't need to be buying any workouts right now. Got plenty of virgins to keep me busy in 2012!

fit1 12-19-11 09:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting this set but don't want to pay the full price. I'm a member of teambeachbody so I also have 10 percent off of the 19.95. :) So I also ordered the upgrade which is also 19.95. I've been ordering thru teambeachbody and never had any problems.

JP44 12-19-11 01:00 PM

You know if you order thru ANY Coach or teambeachbody.com, the price is the same ($19.95), shipping is cheaper ($5.95 vs. $7.95) and there's no 30 day Club membership included. You get the workouts, no strings attached.

Shipping is always more expensive on BB products if you order via informercial or the corporate site of Beachbody.com. (People who used the coupon codes that BB once gave out never realized their extra shipping charges eliminated all the savings they thought they were getting. :eek:)

I have the Rockin Body & bonus workouts & love them! Doing Booty Time followed by Rock it Out is a killer sweat-fest, total body workout.

HTH.

Joan

sjazz78 12-19-11 01:09 PM

To jp44 and fit1:
Thanks for the heads up about buying through teambeachbody.com or the the coaches. That is so great to know.
That will be be my after holiday gift to me just for making it through this season.