Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross-Trainers: January 2020 Check-In! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227588)

furmomof6 01-01-20 06:48 AM

Pilates Cross-Trainers: January 2020 Check-In!

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to start us off. I'll be back to check-in later. :)

Usia 01-01-20 07:18 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks Christine for starting us in new year and a new decade. :)
Checking in with my VF New Year's Marathon workouts for today.

GHUTV Walk & Tone to the Max - 40m
ePilates Waist, Waist and More Waist - 23m

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

txhsmom 01-01-20 07:47 AM

New Year's Eve workouts were:

Get Healthy U TV - Walk, Sweat & Sculpt: Upper Body - 33 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Short & Sweet Pilates - 15 minutes

I do like this Get Healthy U TV walk - Dana is right, the music isn't great, but it doesn't drive me crazy and it at least keeps the beat. The toning feels like real toning to me - not like Leslie toning, which just feels like filler.

My New Year's resolution is just to add back more pilates to my workouts. Very vague and flexible...

Mercy - a new decade! Who remembers the Y2K scare?

Carol

fanofladyvols 01-01-20 08:18 AM

Hey thanks Christine!

My workout was Xtrain legs and delts with the 100 hip thrusts challenge.

Hope you all have a great first day of 2020!!

donnamp 01-01-20 10:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

Yesterday, in addition to my formal workout - DD and I took another walk. We have walked quite a bit this break - I ended up with over 12K steps. I think it is easier for teens to talk when walking b/c they don't have to make eye contact. We haven't had many deep conversations on our walks, but at least we are communicating and there is no phone! LOL. Maybe I can convince her to go again today. I wish my doggie was able to walk longer distances, but w/ her arthritis, she just can't and my other doggie doesn't really like to walk, she'd rather stay at home and play ball.

Anyway - today was:

Trifecta Pilates - January 2020 workout - bend and stretch - this was LONG one - as in over an hour, but I enjoyed the slower pace and attention to detail. I can't always set aside this much time, but today worked for me.

So far, I like the membership site. And, in fact, I may change my plans and focus on that instead of yoga. I think Pilates may help me more in terms of rebuilding strength, stability and balance. But, we shall see!

I also did - Pahla B - Hot 100 Day #1 - including a warm-up, cool-down and finisher.

So, my plan for the month is either Pilates or Yoga with a Hot 100 workout and as much walking and informal exercise I can fit in.

I hope everyone has a good day and start to the new year!

Donna

furmomof6 01-01-20 01:02 PM

Shaped by Faith: Pilates for the Soul, 20 Minute Mat

I took a look at Jessica's challenge for Day 1 and decided I didn't want to repeat it. I wasn't all that into the FW challenge at this point either, so I'm sticking with what I like!

Nice first workouts of the New Year, everyone!

Carol, I remember that! LOL!

donnamp 01-01-20 01:17 PM

Oh yes, Y2K!!! Hard to believe that was 20 years ago!

Donna

txhsmom 01-01-20 06:09 PM

New Year's Day workouts were

Get Healthy U TV: 1 Mile Power Walk - 15 minutes & Lower Body Shred - 10 minutes; Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 16 minutes

I think this month I will focus on Get Healthy U TV workouts for strength and light cardio, and Pilates Nest for pilates. I can tell I've been off the pilates bandwagon this past month. I've lost a lot of core strength. It takes me so long to make progress in this area and almost no time to lose my hard fought gains in strength. Duh! I know better than to lay off the pilates. I've put together a rotation of Pilates Nest & Get Healthy U TV for January. We'll see how well I do.

Donna - I agree. I think my son talks more when we walk. Our dogs would love a walk every day, but we have had a lot of wind lately, and I hate walking in the wind.

Y2K - my ex was a bank president and I can tell you that they (the bankers) were plenty nervous. He was stockpiling water, etc. at our house...

Carol

furmomof6 01-02-20 10:46 AM

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Standing Pilates

I plan to get a walk in later too since it's going to be around 50 and sunny!

Carol, I remember stocking up on bottled water and non-perishable foods too! Everyone thought something catastrophic was going to happen at midnight.

cherimac 01-02-20 12:08 PM

Tucker took a turn for the worse. We have finally figured out that he is in severe kidney failure and is being euthanized tomorrow. Please Pray.