Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - Week of August 2 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229181)

JBliff 08-02-20 09:42 AM

Total Max Mixers - Week of August 2

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was a 50-minute walk with DH in the morning, then 30 minutes on the elliptical + Rodney Yee Ultimate Power Yoga Power Foundation segment in the afternoon.

Cathe posted that she has finished filming Perfect30 :sun:. The background is so lovely for this series.

Have a good Sunday!

karjoy 08-02-20 03:11 PM

Jbliff I love the new Cathe background too. Very soothing but refreshing too. I definitely need to do more mobility work too. I canít wait. I think they are using some clothing from the Athleta line. It will be cool seeing more pictures.

Gosh itís hot here today. I think the heat index was 100 before noon. I did my run/walk at 10 am and it was still plenty hot. Yesterday I did a walk/sprint workout for something different. That was tough but you get long rest periods when you go all out.

Vannie good to hear from you. Have you tried something like My Fitness Pal to log
nutrition? I have never tried an app but several of my friends recommend that one. Glad to see you walking again. Are crabapples much smaller than regular apples?

Cher sorry your DH has to go back to work. I bet it was nice having regular sleep hours while he was off. I remember at one time you mentioned retirement. Will he be retiring soon? Great job on the 7 #!

Gibbee I am thinking of you and DH and hope yaíll are hanging in there.

Kareng

Cher 08-03-20 06:27 AM

Back from the cabin yesterday. Nice time with my parents and great weather. Only workout since Friday was about a 45 minute walk with my mom and a neighbor Saturday morning.

Vannie - Wow, interesting there is such a thing as crab apple pie! I don’t see me ever making that despite all the crab apples I have though. Way to tedious for me! :p

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off for the week! I really like Cathe’s new background too.

Karen - Basically DH could retire now but since DS still can’t find a job, he is still on our insurance. If DH retires, that would change our insurance and we would have to pay for Cobra for DS’s health insurance so he can’t really retire until DS finds a job with his own health care. Option 2 would be DH retire and I get a part-time job to help pay the Cobra cost until DS gets a job. Really I might like having a part time job to get away from DH occasionally if he is retired. :D ;)

Gibbee - Hope you’re doing okay.

I feel like a cow after the weekend of eating and drinking what I want. Back to healthy eating and exercising today. Also will probably have to run to the grocery store some time today.

karjoy 08-03-20 08:31 PM

Hi guys. Rest day for me. Always appreciated especially on Monday.

I really like the outfits Iím seeing in Catheís new series too. There is a lot of blue which looks good on all participants.

Cher glad you had a good time at the cabin. Insurance is such a big factor in figuring out retirement for a lot of people. Some people just cannot afford health insurance if they retire before 65, and sometimes afterward too.

Jbliff you did tons of exercise yesterday. Good for you. Hope you took it a bit easier today.

Waves to Gibbee and Vannie, kareng

Vantreesta 08-03-20 11:08 PM

Argh, drive by again. I don't know where time goes! This morning before breakfast I did day 14 of the DYY challenge. After breakfast we walked just over 4 miles then I did wk1 day1 of the 10k trainer app. For whatever reason(s), running has felt hard the past month so I just decided to start over even though I very rarely start back farther than wk3. I did enjoy it more. I did PowerFit Cardio after that. I never did a true stretch after the run, but the total run time was only 8 minutes so wasn't too worried. Our PM walks were around a mile each.

JBliff 08-04-20 06:02 AM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was RwH Upper Body Circuit + core #2.

Karjoy
- I took Sunday as a rest day, even though I spent a lot of the day cleaning house and doing laundry!

Vannie - Great job on those walks!

Cher
- I'm so glad you had good weather and good company over the weekend.

Hi to Gibbee.

We've had rain since yesterday and will have rain pretty much all day today. I think it's from the hurricane/tropical storm. It's nice to get some rain since it's been so dry here.

Have a good day, everyone.

Cher 08-04-20 06:12 AM

Workout yesterday was Catheís SJP Step & Weight Circuit premix.

Waves to everyone!

karjoy 08-04-20 08:23 PM

Hi all. It was so hot today that I figured I would walk with no running after work. But it rained a little and cooled things off some, so n I was able to run. The cloudiness helped too.

Vannie I NBC agreeósometimes with running itís just easier to start over. Especially in the heat of summer. What a workout you did today!

Some of my friends are going back to the gym but Iím not ready.

Night, kareng

Cher 08-05-20 06:27 AM

Workout yesterday was Cathe Step Sync Timesaver premix with combo 1 & 2 then some extra stretching for my hip.

Karen - Glad it cooled off enough for you to get in your run. I donít blame you not wanting to go back to a gym yet.

Well, today is back to work day for DH. Ugh, I feel bad for him. Itís going to be a long night for him. At least itís cooled off here a little so it shouldnít be super hot until Saturday.

JBliff 08-05-20 06:43 AM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Rockout Knockout.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.

JBliff 08-06-20 05:47 AM

My workout yesterday was Great Glutes + 25 minutes on the elliptical. My legs are fried today!

Cathe's pictures from her new upper body workout look great! I'm looking forward to the heavy weights.

Waves to everyone.

Cher 08-06-20 05:58 AM

Went for about an hour walk yesterday then came home and did a few stretches. Weather here was perfect yesterday too. Shut the AC off and opened the windows!

Darrell first night didnít go very well. First they put him in a different area than he normally is. Then his face is all raw from sweating and wearing a mask. He said heís done and ready to retire and get the heck out of there. Looks like we may be getting the ball rolling on this sooner than we hoped and just having to pay for Josephís healthcare until he gets his own.

JBliff - I need to go check out those pictures!

karjoy 08-06-20 07:46 PM

Hi guys. Thank goodness it is Thursday. Iím ready for the weekend.

Heat index was about 102 so I walked, jogged some, and did 4 (400 meter or about 1/4 mile) intervals as fast as I comfortably could in the heat. It actually felt good.

Jbliff I thought those heavy weights looked great too! Something to look forward to.

Cher send me some of that cool air! Poor Darrell. DH and I have both worked nights and it is very hard to go back to that weird schedule if you have been off a while.

Waves to all, Kareng

Cher 08-07-20 05:40 AM

Workout yesterday was Erin OíBrien Strong Body, Ageless Body. I think I had only done this once before. It was a good pick for me right now. Got in a nice workout.

Karen - Ugh, that is HOT! We are heating & steaming back up tomorrow. I think we are going to submit the paperwork for Darrell to retire Sept. 30 (unless things get better there).

Ugh, I have to drop my minivan off at the repair shop this morning. Had the rear bearings and rear brakes fixed about a month ago and I came home from a trip to the library (which is just up in town) and when I got out of my car I smelled something that smelled like burning. I got DH outside and my my rear tire was really hot. :eek: Going to have DS follow me up at 7 am to drop it off so DH can sleep. (He only went to bed at 5 am)

Vantreesta 08-07-20 02:37 PM

Cheryl, I hope everything falls into place for Darrell to retire. I wish hubby was retirement age. His job seems to be slowly killing him. It has been about 8:00 by the time he got home the last two nights and he starts at 6 AM. It's no wonder he dozes in his chair most of the time on wknds.

Gibbee, thinking of you and DH.

Karen, I don't know how you ran in that heat! I only managed to run 5 times in July btwn the heat and being gone for a week.

JBliff, I have wanted to jump on the elliptical several times but I can't get the display to work and of course if I don't have stats it didn't happen! :p It's hardly been used but the batteries don't seem to be working. I emailed customer service to find out the cost of a power adapter but that was I think Monday and haven't heard a thing from them except for we got your email. Grr.

It's just been that kind of week. Thankfully nothing bad or important, just those irritating things that pile up. The display on my Fitbit died so I'm trying to decide btwn Charge 3 and 4. My computer would not cooperate on Wednesday and I had to miss grief support group bc couldn't get anything to come up. Yesterday I tossed a dumbbell along the floor and smashed my finger with it, pulling the nail away some from the skin. Tuesday and today I have had almost zero energy, not sure why on Tuesday but last night I was up till 1 bc I wasn't tired so I get why I am today. At least it's just little things, I can roll with this.

I ran Mon and Wed, did the DYY yoga challenge every day, yesterday did PowerFit and Core Fusion, oh and an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. I worked some in the spare room yesterday, cleaned bathrooms Monday, dusting today. What I would love is to do is a nice slow flowy yoga practice then curl up with Cyric and my crochet. And a chai tea. Maybe I can make those things happen this wknd.

JBliff 08-07-20 07:49 PM

My workout yesterday was 1 hour on the elliptical and stretching on my own.

Karjoy - Bummer about the heat. We've actually cooled off some here this week --in the 80s rather than 90s.

Cher - Too bad the conditions are so rough for Darrell to continue working. I hope you get your car fixed quickly.

Vannie
- Sometime those companies aren't very good at customer service! I hope you get your elliptical fixed and that you get to relax this weekend.

Gibbee
- I hope all is well with you.

Have a good day, all.

Vantreesta 08-07-20 07:52 PM

Karen, you asked about using MyFitnessPal. I have never tried that one. Like 15 years ago when I had no weight to lose I used a website called FitDay. It took forever to enter all my food for the day. After I gained weight and tried tracking on paper in order to lose it just made me obsess about food even more till it was about all I thought about. I have been considering trying it again but I don't want to spend a ton of time on it so I don't know.

The crab apples were probably 1/4 to 1/3 the size of regular apples. Cheryl was right about tedious!

karjoy 08-07-20 08:27 PM

Hi guys. Iím always pretty tired on Friday so I try to do something on the easy side. Tonight I did biceps, shoulders, lats and posterior delts with Cathe band. I did some squats and one legged squats and called it a day.

Vannie I have a friend who is a certified wellness coach and she always recommends My Fitness Pal. I have never used it but apparently it is easy to use
and you can easily look up calories, fat, protein and carbs in food. Also, my friend said they have every practically every restaurant meal you can think of to check nutrients when you eat out. Gosh I hope you get your elliptical fixed.

Cher sorry about your car. Good to know that Darrell may just have to hang on a few months if he is ready to retire. Are you ready for his retirement?

Jbliff hopefully it remains a bit cooler for you this weekend. Ibb BBC think itís wonderful that you get good use from your elliptical.

Thinking of you Gibbee, Kareng

Vantreesta 08-07-20 09:04 PM

Thanks for the info on MFP, Karen. I may try it.

Fortunately the elliptical itself still works, just the display doesn't. I imagine it just needs new batteries, but it doesn't seem like they should be dead yet. Honestly I don't think I've even used it 20 times and this is the second set of batteries. I know I should just use it and not care about a blank display.

JBliff 08-08-20 06:35 AM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a brisk 90-minute walk on our river trail with DH (he was really motoring!) in the morning and LITE Stacked Upper Body + abs in the afternoon. Even though we walked before 8 a.m., the humidity was so bad I was soaked by the time we got home.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.

Cher 08-08-20 07:35 AM

Went for another hour walk yesterday after dropping my minivan off.

I spent some time yesterday looking into how much money we will get when Darrell retires. He has a pension and will get SS of course....plus we have his 401k and our savings, etc. Weíll be okay but honestly I wish he would try to stay until after the first of the year because his pension goes up more each month he is there but I just canít stand listening to his whining or him being so damn crabby about it anymore. I think we are putting the paperwork in for Sept 30 unless they offer another layoff again before then.

Vannie - Ugh what a long day for your DH. That stinks about your elliptical display. I get that. You gotta see your stats! I would feel like itís not worth my time if I canít see my stats! Lol Dang girl, what a week you had!

JBliff - Got my car back yesterday - $465 later. Calliper and hose on rear brakes and front brake pads replaced while it was in there because it needed them. Our heat & humidty is supposed to be going up today. I can deal with it though because there wonít be too many more days like that up here.

Karen - No, Iím not really ready for DH to retire. :o I like some alone time and he does nothing with anyone but me so itís been quite the adjustment with him on lay-off the past few months. Sometimes he makes me crazy being home all the time! Now this will be permanent. :eek: But, I get that he is tired of it and ready to be done. On the plus side, we can go up north more to the cabin. :D

Gibbee 08-08-20 06:36 PM

Hi,fitness friends!

Sorry to have been absent. Lately it has been busy (home and work) and I have been tired. DH is struggling. I finally asked nephrology what level of kidney disease he is at and they said 4. Not good. I also spoke with cardiology about confusion caused by blood issues (too low of sodium) that she warned me about a couple of months ago, but she said what I am describing is likely TIA strokes. :( She said to contact neuro and I said why. Last time I called the office I was on hold waiting well over an hour for someone to pick up and then got placed into voice mail after they said "we don't show you were on hold that long." Bull crap. My phone keeps time for all calls. :mad: Plus they are still not seeing patients in-clinic, but the remainder of his doctors are. (Cardiology told us back in June that neuro hasn't seen any stroke patients since mid February... I feel for those people. There's caution and then there's borderline carelessness... people still need care for critical situations.) I think this week I will start the ball rolling to get back to his original CIDP neuro here in town simply for convenience. Getting him in/out of the house has become even more unmanageable and he is so weak he can no longer really walk. He can barely transfer from the bed to the commode. He only fell one time this week, which is better than the 6x last week.

Workouts have been decent I suppose, although Tues/Wed I helped at an event we host at the University and so those two mornings and this morning were basically nothing but super short walks. My neighborhood street (cul de sac) has become my stomping ground. At least I can get some fresh air. I am going to buy some pepper spray because I am now walking in the dark some mornings and evenings. Our street is safe but we are off of a major artery in town and sometimes people wander along there. Plus the deer have been crazy with walking around right when I want to walk. One momma stomps her front foot at me. Hey, lady, I live on this street. Just pass on through! ;)

I haven't really caught up here but I think of you guys daily. I am planning to attend as much of Kelly's virtual roadtrip tomorrow on FB inside the Train Smart with Coffeyfit page. The trip will go up in her app soon. She has also started using egg weights (eggweights.com) and posted this week that she has several workouts with boxing and heavy weights designed and set to film. WOOT!

Better run for now. Waves!

Vantreesta 08-08-20 07:58 PM

Gibbee, I'm sorry, so much for you and DH to go through and bear. Sending you prayers for strength.