Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tell me about R. Cosgroves Drop 2 Sizes... (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=209643)

lesia 04-01-15 03:38 PM

Tell me about R. Cosgroves Drop 2 Sizes...

Yes, I'm in the midst of loving Men's Health Spartacus & MH60 Day Transformation, and I know that Rachel Cosgrove helped design it. Not that I need another dvd series, but can someone tell me about her Drop 2 Sizes DVD Series?

I read a review in the video review section but wanted to know more.

Lesia

Nuggie's Auntie 04-01-15 03:46 PM

I reviewed it on my blog here. If you have any specific questions, fire away!

lesia 04-05-15 04:12 PM

One more question...
Are the metabolic cardios the same in all 3 phases?

TIA,
Lesia

dutchgirl 04-05-15 04:31 PM

While I'm a huge fan of almost all the Men's Health/Women's Health workouts, I didn't like this set. I hated the RAMP warm ups and didn't like the structure of the strength workouts. I got through 2 weeks and then traded them away.

This set is nothing like MH60 or Spartacus which I know you enjoy immensely. I'd be concerned you might be disappointed.

txhsmom 04-05-15 04:40 PM

I didn't like this set. I kept it a couple of weeks and returned it for a refund - I can't remember doing that with anything else. I found it boring, which is really saying something. I think I most disliked the extended warmups; it seemed like we spent all our time there and not enough time in the actual workout.

Carol

lesia 04-05-15 04:54 PM

Thanks! I saw some clips after all of the posts and tend to agree with you. I love the setup of Spartacus/MH60 (David Jack):p and was just curious because I know she developed the system.

I really wasn't swayed after seeing the clips because I tend to do better with male instructors.

Lesia

toaster 04-06-15 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesia (Post 2517188)
One more question...
Are the metabolic cardios the same in all 3 phases?

No. If you read my review, you would note that there are two different cardio workouts for each phase; just like the strength routines, each phase has its own unique workouts.

dela 04-07-15 08:17 AM

I looked my best after doing a 3 month rotation. It starts out feeling really slow, but I'm glad I gave it a chance and continued. Once I got used to the more deliberate pace, I was able to focus on truly using the right, and generally heavier weights. I liked the DVDs, but bought the book too, these workouts were so easy to do while on vacation so I didn't even need to skip a beat. Sometimes I preferred to just follow the written workout.

I seemed all over firmer and smaller overall. I had started doing Neghar Fonooni's program with a somewhat similar set up, and started to see similar results after month, but a problem with my shoulder has side lined me from workout like this as they both seem to rely a lot on over head moves that I just can't figure out how to substitute.

Jane P. 04-07-15 08:55 AM

I didn't care for the warm-ups either. I soon started doing my own warm-ups If you also do the foam rolling, it really is a long time before you get to the actual workout. That can be a problem on a busy morning.

However, I do think the workouts are well designed. There's a bit more emphasis on balance than I'd like. You do balance moves while lifting weights, so you have to lighten up (or at least I did).

The dvds are not chaptered during the weight lifting portion, and that can be a problem.

I like the fact that it only took four days a week to do. Having three free days was great.

JENILU 12-07-16 04:59 PM

***old thread alert***

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Does this set include a lot of bodyweight work? After finally getting rid of it last year, and never doing it, i am interested again, as usual. :cool: