Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bummer DVD is freezing (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=178151)

Sharaz 03-12-12 10:42 PM

Bummer DVD is freezing

So, I'm here surfing the web because today is my rest day and though about previewing Celebrity Trainers Workout - New York City. I put Jade's Body Blast Flow and froze a little at the beggining. Then, I put Kengra's NYC Dance Workout all good. Then it came Jonathan's Pilates Power Flext and it froze a couple of times at the beginning and then just froze completely. I had to turn off the DVD player and turned on again to be able to eject it. Yesterday, I did Stoked 360 (is was great) with no problems at all.

My question is:confused: I have seeing on treads asking about if the DVD's are pressed or not. What that mean? I never had a problem before with my DVD's, so never pay attention to it. I looked and don't see any scratches. I purchased it from TF.

I like Stoked 360 and the dance workout which is Hip Hop inspired. Should I return it or the DVD is just poor quality? How I know if is presed or not? Thanks:)

ddj 03-13-12 07:11 AM

If the back is silver, it should be pressed. If it is a dvd-r, it is usually purple.

I would definitely let them know there is a problem with the discs. Do you have another player you can try them on?

sherry7899 03-13-12 07:20 AM

It may be your dvd player and not the discs, if you had to shut off the player and turn it back on to eject the dvd. When our last dvd player was dying, it would do that.

Did you try cleaning the discs? I hope that will work and that you do not need a new player? Also, try the dvds in other players or your computer and see if they play in them without any problems.

Good luck!
Sherry

Sharaz 03-13-12 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddj (Post 1998792)
If the back is silver, it should be pressed. If it is a dvd-r, it is usually purple.

I would definitely let them know there is a problem with the discs. Do you have another player you can try them on?

The back is silver, so that mean is ok? I will play it on my other DVD player at night to verify if it works. That's newer and is located in my workout area at the terrace. The one I used yesterday is on the living room. If doesn't works, I may ask for a replacement at Mary's. Thank you :)

Ctfitnut 03-13-12 08:43 AM

I had trouble like that and it was the dvd player.

Jane P. 03-13-12 08:52 AM

I had a movie dvd that would freeze on me in a certain spot and not play anymore. I tried everything, cleaning it, different players etc. It was the dvd. Because it was a gift, I couldn't return it. Sometimes you just get a bad dvd even though they look normal. I would return it. The faster you do it, the more likely they are to believe you.

Cammie-Cam 03-13-12 09:20 AM

I thought the DVD was called "Bummer". I was thinking what kind of workout is that?

I have a Cathe DVD Intensity that freezes during the bootcamp part which is my favorite part of the workout. I've used alcohol which works for a while, but if I don't play the DVD in a few weeks I have to wipe it down again. Since I got it on the yaya board I can't exchange it.

Cammie-Cam 03-13-12 09:33 AM

Database Error = double post.

daisysunshine 03-13-12 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam (Post 1998840)
I thought the DVD was called "Bummer". I was thinking what kind of workout is that?

I have a Cathe DVD Intensity that freezes during the bootcamp part which is my favorite part of the workout. I've used alcohol which works for a while, but if I don't play the DVD in a few weeks I have to wipe it down again. Since I got it on the yaya board I can't exchange it.

Bummer: the ultimate behind workout. Woohaa!

I've had this issue with my star trek deep space nine dvds. it's SO annoying and it's like ONE episode on the disc so you're like graahhhhhhh! [i wish there was a number you could call to get the disc replaced if it is a set]

ddj 03-13-12 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharazPR (Post 1998796)
The back is silver, so that mean is ok? I will play it on my other DVD player at night to verify if it works.

Sometimes pressed dvds are defective so it's not necessarily okay just because it's pressed. It's just less likely to go bad over time.