Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are you afraid of any of your workouts? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=165515)

DachsieDogMom 05-12-11 07:08 AM

Are you afraid of any of your workouts?

About a year ago I pulled an oblique muscle really bad doing P57 Classic 57 Minute. I'm ok with the other 30 minutes workouts but I just cant bring my self to do the Classic again. :eek:

Demeris 05-12-11 07:31 AM

I used to have a number of workouts that I was afraid of, but I got rid of all of them. I was afraid of Jari Love because my knees always hurt for days afterward. Dumped her. I was afraid of Cathe's step work out because I couldn't whip around and because some of her moves shot pain through my knees. Dumped her. I had a couple of RaviAnas that brought sharp pains to my knees and thighs. Dumped those workouts.

If you hurt yourself, you might go back and take a look at just which move caused the injury. That might give you a clue to the muscle imbalance that led to the injury.

JP44 05-12-11 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DachsieDogMom (Post 1807904)
About a year ago I pulled an oblique muscle really bad doing P57 Classic 57 Minute. I'm ok with the other 30 minutes workouts but I just cant bring my self to do the Classic again. :eek:

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. That workout is ab overkill IMO. I much prefer their Express workouts to the Classic ones.

Joan

oltlfan 05-12-11 08:06 AM

I'm with Demeris. I won't do any workouts that I'm afraid of or cause me dread or pain/injuries.

athompson10 05-12-11 08:07 AM

Only one I can think of that makes me sceered is the classic Firm Volume 3. Pulled a groin muscle twice using that workout and haven't done it since.

I do have other workouts that are more dread factor than fear factor.

counterclockwise 05-12-11 08:50 AM

Cathe's Meso 2 leg workouts scare me. But I am not going to let them win, he he.

Tan 05-12-11 09:07 AM

Tonique

alisoncooks 05-12-11 09:17 AM

I was afraid of P57 Thigh & Seat. I had it a few months and couldn't bring myself to do it, not even once! I finally traded it away (just today)...if I won't do it, there's no need to keep it!

Kesal 05-12-11 10:01 AM

I hurt my hamstring doing the PHH Buns workout. I couldn't bring myself to do it again. I ended up trading the whole set, even though I'd done Buns many times without a problem, I had no problem with the rest of the set, and I'd liked PHH before.

It's like that photo they always use in biology textbooks -- the one of the bird eating the poisonous caterpillar? A painful lesson sticks with you.

a_real_twit 05-12-11 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demeris (Post 1807915)
I used to have a number of workouts that I was afraid of, but I got rid of all of them.

Same here, for me it was everything Mindy Mylrea after I popped my knee doing Extreme Intervals.