Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Can I get a list of all workouts that include pull ups/chin ups? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=163775)

pumptmuscle 04-05-11 07:36 AM

Can I get a list of all workouts that include pull ups/chin ups?

Can I get a list of all workouts that contain pull ups or chin ups? I haven't been using my Perfect Pullup bar as much as I should (I highly recommend getting one though). The only workouts I have right now that include them are Cross Pit and the Navy Seal workouts with the late Scott Helvenston. I believe there's at least one P90x that has them, too.

I've been having a lot of success with my informal upper body/lower body rotation and the pull ups I've been doing give such incredible results. It'd be great to have some standard workouts that include them. tia

mj476 04-05-11 08:29 AM

P90X Chest & Back
P90X Legs & Back
P90X Back & Biceps

Marcy

Dena 04-05-11 08:49 AM

Cathe's STS Mesocycle 2 has chin-ups and pull-ups in the Back & Biceps DVDs (disc 15, 18, 21, and 24).

On a side note, how do you like the Perfect Pullup bar, pumptmuscle? I have a power tower but am thinking about selling it and downsizing to a bar I can put over my entryway to save space.

lisarah 04-05-11 08:59 AM

Hey Bob, i don't have any dvd recommendations but wanted to ask where you purchased your perfect pull-up bar & how much you paid? tia

donnadc 04-05-11 09:34 AM

I've seen them at Ross stores for $19.99.

pattyd0319 04-05-11 09:44 AM

And if you don't want to buy the STS set, you can always download just the workouts you want for about 9.99 each. I got rid of STS a while back but recently downloaded PLYO legs Meso 3 and a couple of workouts from Meso 1.

pumptmuscle 04-05-11 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 1780508)
Cathe's STS Mesocycle 2 has chin-ups and pull-ups in the Back & Biceps DVDs (disc 15, 18, 21, and 24).

On a side note, how do you like the Perfect Pullup bar, pumptmuscle? I have a power tower but am thinking about selling it and downsizing to a bar I can put over my entryway to save space.

Thanks Marcy and Dena for the suggestions. Geez, as time goes on, I keep feeling like I need P90x more and more.

As for the Perfect Pullup bar, I love it! The swing arm allows you to pull yourself up from varying positions to make it easier or harder. Although they say there are just 3 positions, depending where you put your feet, it's adjustable to wherever you want.

It's perfect for super setting up or down. You can begin with a hard version then quickly transition into easier ones by moving your feet backwards of forwards to adjust. It's a really great way to work up to full pull ups or get in an incredible back workout.

I got mine at Target around the summer for $19.99 on clearance. I'm not sure if any stores would still have it but it's so worth it if you can find one. I believe it was originally $100 and I'd say even $50 would be a great deal for what it does. Of course, paying only $20 was much nicer than $50. :)

Blackadar 04-05-11 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj476 (Post 1780484)
P90X Chest & Back
P90X Legs & Back
P90X Back & Biceps

Marcy

Yep, if you want to do pull ups, P90X is the program for you!

Dena 04-05-11 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumptmuscle (Post 1780611)
As for the Perfect Pullup bar, I love it! The swing arm allows you to pull yourself up from varying positions to make it easier or harder. Although they say there are just 3 positions, depending where you put your feet, it's adjustable to wherever you want.

It's perfect for super setting up or down. You can begin with a hard version then quickly transition into easier ones by moving your feet backwards of forwards to adjust. It's a really great way to work up to full pull ups or get in an incredible back workout.

I got mine at Target around the summer for $19.99 on clearance. I'm not sure if any stores would still have it but it's so worth it if you can find one. I believe it was originally $100 and I'd say even $50 would be a great deal for what it does. Of course, paying only $20 was much nicer than $50. :)

Thanks for the info. I'll check around on-line and at local stores to see if I can find it. :)

Jane P. 04-05-11 12:51 PM

Cory Everson's Abs, Back and Biceps from her Basic Sculpting System series.
This is only on vhs, and I offered it in the Share the Wealth thread last month, as well as its sister tape: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Pascal 04-05-11 01:00 PM

The Pit's Cross-Pit workouts have pull-ups and/or chin ups in them.

Helen S 04-05-11 01:37 PM

P90X+ Total Body+ and P90X+ Upper Body+

Alan 04-05-11 04:05 PM

Some of the old "Navy Seal" workouts by various instructors have them.

steakhousegirl 04-05-11 04:17 PM

The P90X series and P90X+ series are excellent. Every year I go back and use them ALL in some rotation. I can't wait for Tony's next version of the X.

pumptmuscle 04-05-11 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 1780969)
Some of the old "Navy Seal" workouts by various instructors have them.

Alan, I have the 2 by Scott Helvenston that include them. Were there any other Navy Seal workouts that had them other than his?

Alan 04-05-11 06:50 PM

Yes, CJ Caracci made some videos where he includes them. He made 4 videos that I know of, and at least 3 of them include pullups: Burnout, Industrial Strength, and Deathwish.

http://shop.navyseals.com/fitness-dv...s-dvd-s/91.htm

bearcatfan 04-06-11 05:14 AM

Yes, if you like pullups you need P90X. :)

pumptmuscle 04-06-11 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearcatfan (Post 1781332)
Yes, if you like pullups you need P90X. :)

Good news, I'll be borrowing the set shortly from the library! It's actually at another library than my local one but through the interloan system, I'll have it soon.

It'll give me a good sense of whether or not it'd be for me. I'm looking forward to it. It's been out for years but people are still talking about it.

bearcatfan 04-06-11 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumptmuscle (Post 1781356)
Good news, I'll be borrowing the set shortly from the library! It's actually at another library than my local one but through the interloan system, I'll have it soon.

It'll give me a good sense of whether or not it'd be for me. I'm looking forward to it. It's been out for years but people are still talking about it.

I absolutely *loved* my two rotations (well, by the end of the second one I was a little sick of it, lol).